Main Menu

Server move

Started by Fedora-Tan, September 07, 2014, 04:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedora-Tan

Hello,

Just a post to inform you that ostan will be moved to another server very soon.
In an effort to ease  the maintenance and to reduce the costs, it may be possible that oldest browsers will not be supported anymore (especially on XP).

Here is the list (for the entries which are not here, i don't know) :

For IE only : it depends on Windows version :
Windows XP   Not supported anymore
Vista   Supported
Win 7-8   Supported
IE Mobile 10+ / Win Phone 8+   Supported

For the other browsers (all OS) :
Android 2      Not supported anymore
Android 4+   Supported
Chrome 36+   Supported
Firefox 24+ (Windows)   Supported
Firefox 31+ (OS X)   Supported
Safari 5+   Supported
Opera 24+ Supported

Bella

Thanks for the heads-up!

Nichi

Ah, the annual server move.

I'm currently using SeaMonkey 2.26.1; which is built off of Firefox 345345.0 or whatever the current version is, so I should be fine

winduko

What a good, if not that then very damn convenient, time to upgrade my phone. The phone I was using was Android 2.3.6. I am now using Windows Phone 8.1, which is confirmed to work. Off-topic is that I find that there is a far worse browser than IE: the default browser found in Android 2.3.6. The mobile IE seems just as capable as the desktop variant.

And I should be fine on my main computer. I run Waterfox (a 64-bit derivative of Firefox which aside from the bit thing and some branding stuff is otherwise completely identical to the Firefox of the equivalent version) 32.0 on Windows 8.1, both which I make sure are up to date. Seeing as the main target of the move is XP, I doubt this move will affect me in anyway.

Fedora-Tan

Updated the list removing entries which are not browsers.

Corrected : Android 2.3.7 not supported.

Bella

Quote from: winduko on September 07, 2014, 09:25:36 AM
What a good, if not that then very damn convenient, time to upgrade my phone. The phone I was using was Android 2.3.6. I am now using Windows Phone 8.1, which is confirmed to work. Off-topic is that I find that there is a far worse browser than IE: the default browser found in Android 2.3.6. The mobile IE seems just as capable as the desktop variant.

The stock Android browser used to be dreadful. Thankfully now it ships with Chrome, though I'm partial to Firefox and use that more often...

winduko

Quote from: Bella on September 07, 2014, 08:35:53 PM
The stock Android browser used to be dreadful. Thankfully now it ships with Chrome, though I'm partial to Firefox and use that more often...

I was stuck with that because my parents decided on getting an outdated Android about 6 months ago. I could barely install new things on it, and one of the things it refused to install was a better browser. I didn't complain, as it was my first smartphone, and I doubted my parents would have let me get a new phone.

Chocofreak13

no word on whether or not Opera's supported?

cause while i'm forced to use FF while i'm on linux, i normally use Opera 12.6 (on my laptop) and Mobile (on my iphone). :\
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

Tested with Opera 24, works flawlessly.

Main post updated, and summarized.

Chocofreak13

okay, thanks. tbh i didn't see opera being a problem, 12.6 isn't really that old.
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

Nichi

No Mozilla-based browsers are working at all; I'm typing this from Safari. SeaMonkey 2.29 on OSX 10.7.5 is blocked, whatever version of Firefox Kari is using on Linux Mint is blocked, etc.

winduko

I had that problem, but it seemed to be fixed. At least on Waterfox 32.0 on Windows 8.1.

Edit: My friend had it working for her on Firefox 32.0.1 on OS X 10.9.4

Chocofreak13

Firefox 24.0 for Linux mint  and Opera Mini on iPhones can't pick it up. Posting this in safari from my iphone. Chrome can access it, nothing else can, getting pretty pissed off.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Just tried from Android 4.4.2 running Firefox 30.x - 31.x (I forget the exact version), OSC loaded fine.

Running okay on OS X & Chrome.

Although the last week or so I've been getting periodic loading problems, where my browser window will load a page of gibberish text.