Microsoft at Comiket

Started by DustiiWolf, December 31, 2013, 05:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

Thought id post some pics from Microsoft's Comiket folder and comment on them.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Microsoft and all their tans. Plus a few extras.

Special Wedge keyboards and some keychains.

Nanami! The outfit looks well done. Not bad, MS, not bad....

The Claudias. #1 does her better, but #2 has the right boots. The sweater choice is ok, but the skirt is a bit off. Too much boxy, not enough wavy.

Inori! She seems alright, but the collar should of had the logo sown on, and the material for the top seem off to me....
also overdid it a bit on that hairclip. Needs to be smaller.
Also, for some reason all the inori photos are being rotated...

Yu(u): Okay, this kinda irks me. The outfit has problems. She is the same size as the cutout, yet the cosplayer's tie is larger (and also has a wrong color order), The 8 in the middle of the collar looks wrong (again, should of been embroidered/sewn on, not that glossy stuff.), That apron thing is too wide, the outfit is missing those blue strips with color hanging down over the skirt in the front, the collar should be wider and more visible... Microsoft, you disappointed me. This is an ok outfit, but a billion dollar company should be able to make a better costume.... -.-"
Again, why is this rotated?...

Ai: Better... but still much of the same problems as Yuu
More rotation?...

Claudia with what appears to be a software tan representing Honda's "Road DJ"

I wonder what was said to make her give such a reaction?!

Honda Road DJ-tan. IDK the name... I'm guessing Road DJ is Windows Embedded based, considering she's part of the Microsoft booth.

They has pillows! :)

Claudia and Navi+-tan. What is Navi+ anyways?

A special book(let) which has Claudia, Navi+, Unity-chan, and 3 other personifications i dont recognize on the cover. You can get Nanami stamped on the back!

Chibis! Inori, Nanami, Yu(u), Ai, and Claudia all in a row!

A special surface skin that was available.

I MUST HAVE ONE!!!
More rotation!?...

Claudia & her cat XD

They also had a large touchscreen with freshpaint:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Claudia. Is it me, or does this look dragon ball/quest-ish?

Idk who AT Madobe is...

Kawaii!

Ai Madobe chibi

Inori Chibi

Yu(u), Inori, and Nanami

Yu(u) again

I wish i could of gone...
Official -tans are my bat signal.

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

Quote from: stewartsage on December 31, 2013, 06:16:02 PM
I demand a Nanami keyboard.

we all do, stew, we all do.

@dustii: have you EVER cosplayed before? your nitpicking about such petty details of their costumes tells me no. sometimes, you sacrifice what you can to make it work. i did not see that here. i saw stuff that was beautifully, professionally done.

still don't care for much of the characters outside nanami. but their cosplay is immaculate, you are blind sir. >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 31, 2013, 10:19:34 PM
we all do, stew, we all do.

@dustii: have you EVER cosplayed before? your nitpicking about such petty details of their costumes tells me no. sometimes, you sacrifice what you can to make it work. i did not see that here. i saw stuff that was beautifully, professionally done.

still don't care for much of the characters outside nanami. but their cosplay is immaculate, you are blind sir. >>;

No i have not cosplayed. And yes, these are beautifully done. My point is these were done by a billion dollar company. When the costumes are done with someone who does it in their spare time, or one who does this for a living is one thing, but a multibillion dollar company i would of thought would of paid a but more attention to detail and been a bit more accurate. They have problems in relation to being done by a corporation.

I may of nitpicked a bit much tho...

Chocofreak13

you did, you really did, considering i don't see any problems there. honestly, unless you were LOOKING for those issues in the costume, you wouldn't notice them. >>;

sorry if i sound harsh, but you've never done this before, man. you've never stayed up till 3 am DURING THE CON just to make your costume passable. those costumes are IMMACULATE.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 01, 2014, 12:22:33 AM
you did, you really did, considering i don't see any problems there. honestly, unless you were LOOKING for those issues in the costume, you wouldn't notice them. >>;

sorry if i sound harsh, but you've never done this before, man. you've never stayed up till 3 am DURING THE CON just to make your costume passable. those costumes are IMMACULATE.

Gome nasai. Sorry. I suppose youre right. I was nitpicking... i shouldnt of. They are very well done.

Chocofreak13

aye, they are. and tbh i think the shiny works well there, they're supposed to be computers, after all. -w-;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 01, 2014, 12:22:33 AM

Jesus, calm down, Choco.
It's not like he was attacking the people doing the cosplays or anything.

Chocofreak13

you haven't cosplayed either. stay out of this. >>;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 01, 2014, 11:46:13 AM
you haven't cosplayed either. stay out of this. >>;
And why should I? You think just because somebody hasn't cosplayed before, that they can't have an opinion?

Look, I'm just saying you were being a bit hard on Dustii. Yeah, he may have been a bit nitpicky, but he didn't outright call them bad, or attack the cosplayers personally.

Chocofreak13

my point here is that those that don't know what goes into it shouldn't have the right to pick on those who do. picking on the costume is picking on the cosplayer. maybe they WERE just hired by the company, but that attitude lends itself to picking on those who cosplay "wrong", whether that be outside their body type, gender, or even if their costume is slightly the wrong colour. i saw NOTHING wrong with those cosplays. if those were made by the individuals, they would easily win prizes in contests and masquerades. commenting like that at all is just petty and it offends me to hear it from people who don't know the stress that goes into preparing for the con. >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 01, 2014, 12:26:52 PM
my point here is that those that don't know what goes into it shouldn't have the right to pick on those who do. picking on the costume is picking on the cosplayer. maybe they WERE just hired by the company, but that attitude lends itself to picking on those who cosplay "wrong", whether that be outside their body type, gender, or even if their costume is slightly the wrong colour. i saw NOTHING wrong with those cosplays. if those were made by the individuals, they would easily win prizes in contests and masquerades. commenting like that at all is just petty and it offends me to hear it from people who don't know the stress that goes into preparing for the con. >>;

Hey now. I wasnt saying they "cosplayed wrong". I never said the cosplay itself was wrong. My nitpicking was solely directed towards MS under the assumption they had these outfits made. There is generally nothing wrong with these outfits, and they are technically perfect. But my whole point was merely that i'm surprised that a multi-billion dollar corporation who created the very characters they hired people to cosplay didn't go the extra mile to make sure the outfits were exact and perfect in every way possible.

You are also correct: they would win prizes if these were done by individuals. But the assumption is that these were done by MS and that those people were hired to be there. Nothing against them, and i hope they actually had fun cosplaying. It looks like it was a joy to be there. Again, my comment was solely directed at the outfit alone

Overall, they cosplayed well, and i liked them. Those people pulled them off brilliantly. It just irked me that MS of all people didnt pay attention to the minute details. It was a perspective thing. Any other cosplayer and i wouldnt of said those things. I only did due to the sole fact that it was done by Microsoft, and that they should of been able, one would think, to do better.

Chocofreak13

it could be that the materials were pre-printed, or MS intended them to turn out that way in the first place (in the case of the shiny part on Inori's dress). either way, it doesn't seem worth it to me to pick about since they weren't GIANT things wrong (in fact, i consider them to be right =w= ).

also, in the case of the tie, considering that's supposed to be coloured after metro apps, perhaps the user just changed the colour scheme of their apps on their Windows 8 PC....? >w>

btw dustii, that new avatar is adorable and i am going to steal it for my clock. -w-
click to make it bigger