Create a Gallery

Started by DustiiWolf, December 13, 2013, 07:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

DustiiWolf

Quote from: LeaflameSD on December 23, 2013, 06:18:00 AM
Nobody uses IE though.

many do tho. Infact, I heard IE's market share jumped a few percent after the Inori "anime". It's actually improved. But this is off topic; Perhaps a combined gallery would be good? I mean, are there enough of chrome and Firefox to warrant separate galleries?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

yes. even Opera has enough for that (which, I still find it insulting that everyone forgets her since she's obv. the prettiest). but having galleries for each different browser is starting to feel like overkill, especially when there's the occasional pic of one that doesn't quite fit in any (Safari, Netscape, the other Moezillas, etc etc). having a unified gallery is the most efficient way of doing things, and if there's a way, perhaps we could have sub-sub galleries after that. :\
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

Created subcategories for browsers and the rest to tidy a bit the "OS-tans" category. Added IE & Others (if needed) in the browsers category.

I think personnal galleries should be removed (and pictures put into the public galleries where they fit). 95% of the pictures there belong to one category anyway.

Chocofreak13

yay, thankyou. loving the new bunny avatar, btw. i thought you were pit at first, but your rabbit is adorable. ^^

also, i'm not quite sure i follow, could you explain the second line a bit more? :\
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

Currently we have that :

OSTan
|__ A bit of winME
|__ A bit of win95
|__ A bit of winLonghorn
|__ etc.

Backgrounds
|__ A bit of winME
|__ A bit of win95
|__ A bit of winLonghorn
|__ etc.

OSKuns
|__ A bit of winME
|__ A bit of win95
|__ A bit of winLonghorn
|__ etc.

UserGallery 1
|__ A bit of winME
|__ A bit of win95
|__ A bit of winLonghorn
|__ etc.

UserGallery 2
|__ A bit of winME
|__ A bit of win95
|__ A bit of winLonghorn
|__ etc.

UserGallery n
|__ A bit of winME
|__ A bit of win95
|__ A bit of winLonghorn
|__ etc.

It's a lot of categories for nothing. The users when they visit therefore never go to user galleries and never see the contents there, mainly because they don't even know what's inside. If the content would be moved from user galleries to their proper location in the public albums, retaining the proper copyright of course, then the artwork will have a chance to be seen.

Chocofreak13

ah, i see. that's a good point, though i don't think abolishing them alltogether is the best course of action, since some of them contain personal works from the users themselves.

i will admit, though, that one of mine is specifically made to house Nijiura Yonkomas, as they were hard to find before since the comics section contains EVERY os-tan comic we have, unsorted.
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

It's not prioritary, just not optimised.

Chocofreak13

new gallery setup looks pretty spiffy, man. good job. ^^
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

requesting the addition of an 8-kun gallery. i was browsing the wiki when i remembered an old os-tan image hoster named Kazumi, and while they're not NEARLY to the extent of their glory days, they have enough new material that i'm going to begin uploading again. they have like, 3 pages of 8-kun, and i didn't even know he was a character yet.

so, yeah, new gallery for 8-kun would be appreciated so i don't have to move them all post-uploading.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger