Problem with mail server?

Started by Nichi, December 05, 2013, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

It seems there's an issue with the mail server; as Krizonar told me he put in a request to change his e-mail address last night, and has not received a confirmation e-mail yet. I remember you mentioning that there were some issues with it last month, so maybe they've come back somehow?

Hope it's a simple fix. Thanks in advance :3

DustiiWolf

They were messed up a few weeks back. After i came out of dormancy, i changed my email, and was locked out for 2 - 3 weeks. Sounds like its happened again.

Also, all my messages before my account reactivation are gone. They were there just a few days ago. But now... Poof... gone.

Never mind. Oddly, my inbox is now multipaged... Don't remember it being like that before...
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Pitkin

There's clearly an issue with the activation emails. I realised we have a backlog of members either having tried to change their email addresses or entirely new members. This is very embarrassing. ._.;

edit: Forgot to mention, I activated the accounts manually, without sending the emails.

Krizonar

Why thank you for allowing me back in.

Day 3; access to the website restored. The cats have started going clockwise again.

Fedora-Tan

Horsecrap selinux that i forgot to disable. It'll work again from now on.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Pitkin on December 06, 2013, 03:31:21 AM
There's clearly an issue with the activation emails. I realised we have a backlog of members either having tried to change their email addresses or entirely new members. This is very embarrassing. ._.;

edit: Forgot to mention, I activated the accounts manually, without sending the emails.

Like, how many users are we talking here, out of curiosity?

Chocofreak13

are any of them from Canada.....?

because if they are, we can't let them in. ;^;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Oh come on. Canada isn't that bad.... Is it?

seriously though. I'm wondering just how many people where locked out and how many new users were inactive because of this....

Bella

@Kari: Wow, that's the exact thought I had! With the whole Cockle stalker business awhile back, I'm wondering if the user lock-out may've prevented that creep from getting in. Not that there would be any way to tell, if he lied about his location. (I mean, I suppose it could be checked via IP address - I'm not sure how easy that is for the admins to do).

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: Bella on December 06, 2013, 12:58:15 PM
... (I mean, I suppose it could be checked via IP address - I'm not sure how easy that is for the admins to do).

Easy.

Chocofreak13

hence why I asked.

@dustii: Canada is great! i'm half Canadian and I love visiting there. but one of OSC's was being stalked by a guy outside Montreal, and he actually found this website. so we can't be too careful.

click to make it bigger