Create a Gallery

Started by DustiiWolf, December 13, 2013, 07:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

Does anybody know how to create a non-user gallery (such as the "Azure" gallery) in the OSC Main Gallery, or is it even possible?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Nichi

It's something an admin has to do, unfortunately

DustiiWolf

I see. Then, to the admins, may i suggest, if possible, to make it possible that those with Wiki-Editor abilities to also be able to add galleries.

Chocofreak13

i thought we had a thread for this, or was it deleted?

either way, that's a thing only an admin can do. they'll get to it but i'm pretty sure there's already a claudia gallery.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 13, 2013, 07:51:57 PM
i thought we had a thread for this, or was it deleted?

either way, that's a thing only an admin can do. they'll get to it but i'm pretty sure there's already a claudia gallery.

I know theres already a claudia gallery, but there wasnt at one time. I was using it as an example (since i was unaware the admins made it). What i'm asking is they add the ability for users with certain privileges or higher to be able to create a gallery. A sort of "Curator" status, to put it one way, (i think).

Nichi

Last time they tried, the only way to give someone that ability in the gallery was to make them a full-blown site admin; which wasn't that great of a solution. Although, maybe it's now possible to have a Gallery Curator, given all the software upgrades in the past year? We'll have to wait and see :3

DustiiWolf

Quote from: PentiumMMX on December 13, 2013, 08:17:10 PM
Last time they tried, the only way to give someone that ability in the gallery was to make them a full-blown site admin; which wasn't that great of a solution. Although, maybe it's now possible to have a Gallery Curator, given all the software upgrades in the past year? We'll have to wait and see :3

Thats what i was thinking. The gallery looks completely different from last year, and with all the software changes, i was curious if its possible to give album creation permissions.

Chocofreak13

there isn't enough gallery shifts to warrant a change. we had discussed the idea of gallery cleanup, but in the end, I think the admins found it to be too great a responsibility for a user. tbh I agree, since while I love the people at OSC, I don't always trust you guys (about gallery stuff). :\
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

That's how Choco said, no possibilities to give that kind of possibility easily. Gallery was updated but it's same engine.

However, if there is one person who would make a consensus among members and comes with a design plan, it could be considered.

Chocofreak13

what do you mean by design plan? a plan of attack for cleaning up the gallery, or literally a design of a new faceplate for the webpage?
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

Chocofreak13

the problem here is that I can't see any one person being able to tackle it effectively (it would take months). that lends itself to assigning a team, but then there's the problem of people deleting images solely on bias instead of logic. :\

i'd volunteer, but I couldn't see myself devoting the time needed to it at the moment. i'm too caught up in other things. and as I said before, as much as I love osc, I don't completely trust the people here. the only other people I could see being right for the job would be nej or stew, seeing as how they would get rid of images for being duplicates, not because they don't like them/the content. >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 14, 2013, 01:10:12 PM
the problem here is that I can't see any one person being able to tackle it effectively (it would take months). that lends itself to assigning a team, but then there's the problem of people deleting images solely on bias instead of logic. :\

i'd volunteer, but I couldn't see myself devoting the time needed to it at the moment. i'm too caught up in other things. and as I said before, as much as I love osc, I don't completely trust the people here. the only other people I could see being right for the job would be nej or stew, seeing as how they would get rid of images for being duplicates, not because they don't like them/the content. >>;

Well that would naturally be the only reason to delete images anyways. A -tan is a -tan, so it should be in the gallery. And we have an adult section, so "content" wouldn't be an issue.

I was just asking about creating a gallery since there's ones for Firefox and Chrome but not IE.

Chocofreak13

it's because IE has never needed one till now. though tbh i'm in favour of merging them all into one "browser" gallery. >>;

also, you say that, but I remember some of my fellow OSCers saying they wouldn't save and upload a certain picture just because of its content.

if it contains OS-tans, we must document it.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I would agree that a wide Browser gallery is probably the best route to choose here.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS