Microsoft Virtualization -tan?

Started by DustiiWolf, November 26, 2013, 09:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

I found this on news site "the verge" in an article covering some of Microsoft's past anime mascots. Anyone know anything about her? The verge said she didn't even have a name. :\

Shes quite cool looking, and very different from other official tan designs.

Official -tans are my bat signal.

Dr. Kraus

Ah yea, there are a couple of Microsoft-tans that have been released over the last two years now in different regions

This one I think was launched around a year ago or so at most as a concept then as a marketing tool.

I used to have a list of all the Microsoft-tans released since Windows 7 got Nanami Madobe so i'll have to dig around and see what I can find.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on November 26, 2013, 10:20:55 PM
Ah yea, there are a couple of Microsoft-tans that have been released over the last two years now in different regions

This one I think was launched around a year ago or so at most as a concept then as a marketing tool.

I used to have a list of all the Microsoft-tans released since Windows 7 got Nanami Madobe so i'll have to dig around and see what I can find.

I find her quite interesting, mainly due to the different style she has compared to the other OS tans.

It is possible she was just a marketing concept though. Would be a shame if that's all.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: DustiiWolf on November 26, 2013, 10:28:43 PM
I find her quite interesting, mainly due to the different style she has compared to the other OS tans.

It is possible she was just a marketing concept though. Would be a shame if that's all.

Yea, after look through some old documents I have she was just used mainly as a short-term marketing tool for Japanese Developers.

I believe she is still around but they never really elaborated on her or anything, doesn't even have a name from what I recall.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on November 26, 2013, 11:01:22 PM
Yea, after look through some old documents I have she was just used mainly as a short-term marketing tool for Japanese Developers.

I believe she is still around but they never really elaborated on her or anything, doesn't even have a name from what I recall.

What a shame :\

stewartsage

Especially considering she's probably the most visually different they've ever had.

Chocofreak13

oh yeah.......been a long time since I've seen that image!

Virtua-tan would be a cool name for her, what do you guys think?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

*sees "Virtua"*
*thoughts drift to Virtua Fighter*

Yeah; I think it'd work -w-

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 27, 2013, 10:04:47 PM
-w-

anyone else think so? :3

I think Virtua-tan is fine. Seems fitting, since she represents multiple virtualization products. And has a cool ring to it, matching her awesome design.

Chocofreak13

Okie-doke. Wish she had some more personality, but at least now she has a name. :3
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

First MS adopts fan-tans, now fans adopt MS-tans.

Does anyone know if Virtua is still being used anywhere by MS?

Chocofreak13

that pic is the first and last I saw of her, and it's been over a year since I first saw it, so i'm leaning no. there may be fan images out there, but she's likely more obscure than the few hardware-tans I've seen. :\
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

DustiiWolf

Ah. Didn't see the short-term part the first time.