Official Internet Explorer-tan

Started by Pikawil, November 06, 2013, 12:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 26, 2013, 09:47:34 PM
you emailed them about it...?

You can send "her" fan creations via email or facebook. Thought "why not".
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

eh, fair enough. if you had emailed the actual developers, i'd have been pretty lolwut on that.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 27, 2013, 03:01:33 PM
eh, fair enough. if you had emailed the actual developers, i'd have been pretty lolwut on that.

its still official Microsoft, so that's cool

DustiiWolf

An unused 2nd stage transformation from the anime

alfonso_rd_30

well ah reckon this is so weird... personally I has been a femme doggy t' me in da past, but I kinda like Inori  PLEASE CHOCO DON'T KILL ME!!! and yet I'd hope MS or the fans would flesh her out more so she isn't Nanami Reskin #95 Any more...
Quote from: Krizonar on November 26, 2013, 12:54:56 AM
I personify and become attached to most things.

When I first received my Mac Mini, it being the first Computer I really felt attached to as it was not a hand-me-down from my parents or any other sort, but a completely brand new computer, I wished to personify it in my image.

From this thought process and need, I quickly found out that there is a fandom for personifications of the sort. Pink-haired Leopard is my favorite of her forms.
Unfortunately I spent upward of 3 years merely lurking this site, merely ooh and ahhing and taking in all Mac Tan information. I could have joined as early as 2007 had I not been shy.
Then later I was encouraged to join by a couple friendly people.

That is how I myself came to arrive on the site, as a user, at such an odd time. I wasn't drawn in by a release, but by example that fandoms of the sort DO exist. The new IE-tan may not bring a "surge", but hopefully it allows people to see that something they like exists and other people like it too.
bro, I do feel like you... in fact I love my secchan to death, and will kidnap her when the time ish right and yes, let's hope inori re ign ites the spark... I see she ignited choco's already

Quote from: DustiiWolf on November 26, 2013, 12:02:49 PM
I see 3 different characters. Which ones are what version, or are they all supposed to represent the same vista?

Rant Contained Within: ShowHide

So, if i understand, you're saying that the microsoft "tans" are not tans at all? Did you forget that Inori was a fan creation?

Yes, I was talking about the "official" tans, which you so despise. We ARE in the inori thread, which is an official tan, after all. I'm sorry, but a tan is a tan. Just because sega made sonic doesnt mean he isnt an anthropomorphic animal, and just because vizio made a tv doesnt mean its any less of an entertainment device. So by the same logic, just because Microsoft made a tan, it doesnt mean its any less of a tan. And even at that, Microsoft didnt make Inori!

Your thinking is utter backwards and it drives me insane. I like OS-tans, old and new. Im fond of 95-tans appearance, in fact. Shes probably my favorite 'classic' tan. But its bullshit when i want to talk about something i like within a group of a people who are fans of the same topic/thing (aka: a fandom), yet those very people essentially tell me i cant because i like a specific aspect of the fandom that no one else likes. Its angering.

Yes, tans were originally fan made.
Yes, microsoft making tans/adopting tans takes some of the fun out of it.

But what did you expect? That a multi-million dollar corporation wouldn't catch on that thousands of people were making what essentially were mascots for their products ? Seriously?

I feel very unwelcome here. Every little thing that has to do with the new, official tans, thats talked about on here you have to go bashing it or talk about how you dont like it or you think its bad for the fandom or how stupid it is or etc. etc... I cant even make a freaking edit to the wiki without you contesting it!

Its no wonder the OS-tan fandom is practically dead on this side of the world. A vast majority probably are more aware of tans like Inori then they are the classic tans, and as such people in this so called "fandom" practically wont give them the time of day when they want to talk about it. I almost hope Inori starts a new fandom. That way people could actually enjoy os-tans for os-tans, instead of b****ing about how microsoft keeps adopting and/or making them. A fandom is supposed to be, generally speaking, enjoyable to be a part of, and overall, the topic that fandom centers around is supposed to be, generally speaking, enjoyed.

END RANT

NOTE: My sincerest apologies to the other os-tan collections members that are reading this. Some of you have actually been quite nice and understanding, stating that even though you are not thrilled about and are a bit wary of the official tans, you still accept them as tans none the less and are actually willing to discuss the potential impacts of the official tans on the fandom. To these users, i thank you, and i deeply apologize if any of you are offended.

ok, here are 2 points: Vista was, is and foreveralone will be crap utter pure no nonsense CRAP! alas there are lots of designs for it's tan because, as mentioned, EVERYONE wanted to be the creatpor of the pooppiece's -tanin the end 3 were accepted
and about the rant, you're half right... and half wrong, choco here just doesn't like M$ de virtuing the OS-tan very essence, and neither do I, but let's give inori a chance to bee

so, welcome to OSC and welcome inori... btw, I could suggest using the term "backed" to the -tans like inori instead of "Official"

Chocofreak13

i'm not going to murder you, alphonso. you have sworn allegiance to the demon overlord, so killing you would be counter-productive. :3

jk, jk. it's when people try to make their opinions "fact" or start shoving them in others faces like so many pies to a clown that i get pissed. there's nothing wrong with liking inori. my stance on her has....softened, somewhat, but i still don't have any sort of real affection for her. if you like her, though, that's no business of mine.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: alfonso_rd_30 on March 03, 2014, 12:03:43 AM
...I kinda like Inori... and yet I'd hope MS or the fans would flesh her out more so she isn't Nanami Reskin #95 Any more...

Honestly i have a number ideas on what her personality is like, if you guys wanna hear sometime. And the fact she's actually done by a group not affiliated by Microsoft (they [CDS] were contracted by MS to flesh out Inori post creation and initial popularity spike), helps her case.

Quote from: alfonso_rd_30 on March 03, 2014, 12:03:43 AM
...btw, I could suggest using the term "backed" to the -tans like inori instead of "Official"

That actually sounds reasonable. "Company-backed". Sounds corporate-y.

Chocofreak13

i VASTLY prefer the term "Company-backed" than "Official" since it offends the senses quite a bit less. and i get the feeling i will hate on newer -tans less if we use that term instead.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 03, 2014, 10:04:21 PM
i VASTLY prefer the term "Company-backed" than "Official" since it offends the senses quite a bit less. and i get the feeling i will hate on newer -tans less if we use that term instead.

Agreed. It is done.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

now now kittens, it's called compromise

DustiiWolf

Quote from: alfonso_rd_30 on March 03, 2014, 11:47:17 PM
now now kittens, it's called compromise

So it was said, so it shall be done. It has been set in stone. I from now on shall refrain from the "Official-" moniker usage, and use "Company-Backed-" instead

alfonso_rd_30