Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YEEHAW
THAT'S ALL FOLKS

(nobody expects these threads! >:] )
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Chocofreak13

they keep making more and more anime every year...

Galilei Donna
noucome (for the lulz)
gingitsune (??)
outbreak company
coppelion
kyoukai no kanata (?)
unbreakable machine-doll
log horizon (i smell a sword art clone)
white album 2 (??)
non non biyori
meganebu! (ALL OF MY FUCKING YES)
yozakura quartet: hana no uta (similarities to Ace's High so i'm a bit curious, maybe)
Miss Monochrome (IS THIS A STORY ABOUT ME)
Kill la Kill
Kyousougiga (maybe?)
Diabolik Lovers (CAN I NOSEBLEED YET)

Chu2Koi Movie
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Chihayafuru OVA
Free! Specials
Kill Me Baby OVA
Lupin III: Princess of the Breeze
Teekyu s3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I fucking love Yozakura Quartet

Coppelion
Kyoukai no Kanata
Miss Monochrome

Dr. Kraus

YAY
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q364/tcmapler/fall_zpsfcc2b4bf.jpg

Tokyo Ravens
IS: 2
Yuusha ni
Outbreak Company (maybe)
Golden Time
Ace of Diamond
Blue Steel
Kill La Kill

NejinOniwa

So it's starting, eh!

So far I've watched Nagi no Asukara, COPPELION and Kyoukai no Kanata.

KnK is KyoAni's new project, and as usual shock-full of production value and K-ON design styles. Aside from the title which feels like it's been used 3 times over already, it's got a good feeling to it. Judging by my experience with KyoAni projects these days I do fear it might get less interesting later on, but for now I'm giving it the top spot for the new season so far. This ghost-hunting half-comedy half-drama/thriller seems to have interesting things - serious things - in store that I feel like KyoAni hasn't dabbled in since the years of Suzumiya, and if that caliber of production returns I could be none the happier.

COPPELION feels like another try in the direction of Steins;Gate; I believe the company is the same as well. The feeling is not quite as mysterious so far, but I feel like it'll be shaping up in that direction sooner or later. Production values are good overall, though the lack of an overarching plot (again, there's probably one there but it's not been revealed yet) makes it a little lackluster. Postnuclear Tokyo with a genemod spin. #2 so far.

Nagi no Asukara is...pretty weird. Good production values and an inventive setting, with sort-of-merpeople fubbling about with sea gods and surface people whatnot, adding to an apparent economic crisis under the sea leading to more of them being forced up on land. "It stinks like fish in here!" is heard in the classroom of the protagonists' new school, and things start into motion. It succeeds at being quite serious, but it treats its setting a bit too nonchalantly to truly entrap me, at least. It's decent and might get plenty better, but it's my #3 so far.

All these three, however, are the cream of the crop as far as I'm concerned; I'll definitely be keeping myself posted on their future episodes, at least for now.

What are your thoughts so far, /osc/?

EDIT: GODS, I just watched the
PV for KnK. CONSIDER ME HYPE

Balrith

Excited for Kill la Kill. "Trigger saving anime with underboobs."

Also surprised that Coppelion is back on the table.
Spoiler: ShowHide
From what I read of the manga though, I don't really see the Steins;Gate elements. Mostly just disaster survival.

Chocofreak13

*still needs to get back into anime ;^; *

from what you said about NnA it sounds like it might pique my interest, but that's mostly due to undersea hijinks on land. (MERPEOPLE? IN *MY* CLASSROOM!?) as of yet though i've been so busy i can't think straight about much, i'll give you a more detailed status report later.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Just watched KILL la KILL.

And.

IT'S LIKE FUCKING GURREN LAGANN ALL OVER AGAIN :D :D :D :D :D

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

OKAY GUYS, MIDSEASON FOLLOWUP TIME

We've now officially passed the half-season mark for most series in this cour. What current season series are you watching atm, /osc/, and which ones do you think are the absolute best?

My watch list atm:
Magi S2
Log Horizon
Outbreak Company
Galilei Donna
Kill la Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata
Tokyo Ravens
Non Non Biyori
NouKome
Yuushibu
Strike the Blood
Galilei Donna
Coppelion
(so many lol)

Ranking of these are as follows.
GODLY TIER:
Log Horizon (LIVING IN THE DATABASE WOW WOW), Outbreak Company (I AM SORRY I EVER DOUBTED YOU MIUCEL)
HIGH TIER:
Kill la Kill (occasionally in GODLY TIER in its best moments), Magi S2, Galilei Donna, Tokyo Ravens, Non Non Biyori (possibly worthy of promotions when I've watched it more)
GOOD TIER:
Coppelion, Yuushibu, Strike the Blood, Kyoukai no Kanata
MINDLESS AMUSEMENT TIER:
NouKome (Kyoukai no Kanata is here some episodes)

I'm sure none of you have missed the Kill la Kill hypetrain about Trigger saving anime and whatnot, so I don't think I need to go into things deeper there. It's good, though it sometimes doesn't quite live up to ALL of the hype. So let's move on to the others...

First of all Log Horizon is NOT Sword Art Online (because IMO, SAOL is entry-level crap). Log Horizon is Spice and Wolf wearing MMO clothes. Database, database, wow wow. That's all I have to say.
Oh, also, the author of the original novels is a total, TOTAL fucking bro. He even went on 4chan to answer some Q&A, and everyone lost their minds. And let's not forget about BEST OP 2013 either.

Outbreak Company actually caught my attention solely due to its fucking trainwreck premise. I mean, "Hardcore otaku gets hired by the state to import anime culture to a fantasy world" just sounds like SO MUCH BAIT. I read it and thought: "This cannot possibly be done right. This will be yet another shitty, over the top fanservice-crammed moeshit anime. I will drop it after one episode, and nothing of value will be lost."
Let's just say I did not drop it after the first episode, or at any time after that...because Outbreak Company DOESN'T fall into the countless pitfalls a show like this has to navigate; most importantly, the LOL HAREMS INDECISIVE SHIT MC ALL THE GIRLS ARE ALL OVER HIS FACE AND HE CANT DECIDE HURR WE MUST SHOW MORE BOOBS kind of stuff. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE, in fact. The MC is actually a pretty savvy guy sometimes, and doesn't derp around even close to as much as you'd expect; the humor elements are there, of course, but the biggest thing with this show is that it actually takes most of what it does really seriously, despite the veritable joke of a premise. It's not like Madoka, either, where SHAAAAFT pulls a complete 360 on your expectations and screws you over by inverting the entire genre; it's just the fact that all the tropes that normally are played for laughs are here played straight and serious, and as a result you actually get quite attached to the struggles in the show.

Of course, the humor is not lacking either; the fact that they take advantage of the "otaku culture exchange" premise to make fun of and reference just about every single popular anime since (and including) Dragonball, and manage to execute those perfectly, makesi watching it a complete joy.
Also, MIUCEL BEST GIRL 2013.

Chocofreak13

damn, i really want to watch Outbreak Company now. will download. :0
click to make it bigger