Introduction to anime

Started by SleepyD, June 21, 2006, 05:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I instantly LOLed after seeing that! Man, that's just too funny! :D

C-Chan

NewYinzer

I know, it was funny! But let us keep this topic on track!

Was there ever one event in your life that made you realize:
I AM AN OTAKU!

brougeXP22

yep. when i feel in love with Rei frim Sailor Moon :-P

Ultimaninja

Yeah...
Let's see it was...(oh so long ago...)
............Lina from Slayers...

SleepyD

haha, me too!
Lina and
also Mil from a dating sim/RPG called Thousand Arms. ^^

Spysweeper

I saw my first anime on scifi channel when they use to show anime at night and then I learned about Bittorent and i've been hocked sinced.

CaptBrenden

ahh, I got my intro the same way, sci fi channels saturday morning anime back in the day.   i think the first one i saw was Iria.  They did a few "anime week" things i remember too.  Least thats how it started

Then i started to go to cartoon network to get my fix... when that wasnt good enough, then came there internet.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

s8man

I was actually consciously 'introduced' to anime by a good friend of mine.
She declared it her mission to educate me when I told her I'd seen half an episode of Sailor Moon years back and given up all hope in Japanese animation.
Fullmetal Alchemist and a few films/other little introductions later and my non-Otaku friends are already calling me an 'anime fan', so it's obviously worked.
;012

Myrdin

My path to anime was convoluted. I've always been a big fan of Ceska Zbrojovka firearms. Their CZ75 series is the only handgun I have not had jam on me yet. Yes, even the famous Glock has failed me. On three occasions ;127 . So, anyways, I love CZ but never see them in movies and that made me sad. Then, though a series of forgotten internet searches, I came across some references to kitties and CZ's. I like cats a lot, too, so I combined the searches and ended up with references to "Gunsmith Cats." An image search revealed cute characters sporting many of my favorite firearms; FN FAL, CZ75B, M24 Stilehandgranate, and more. I rented the DVD and got hooked from there.

SleepyD

good sir, have you seen Gunslinger Girl?

Here is a review site with a lot of nice screenshots. Took a while to load for me: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/352/cat/66
And here, is Rico with her CZ 75B

Myrdin

Sleepy D, Are you into airsoft, too? My team staffs the Lion Claws series of games.

The gunslinger girl box set is, in fact, sitting not ten feet away from me right now. Triela is my favorite character despite my love of CZ firearms.

NewYinzer

Yay! Ms. Borealis made it to 400 posts! Oh yeah...the topic. Well, it was back in the late 90's, and I was introduced to Pokemon by a friend I met at a camp. From then I was an off and on anime fan. A little Zoids, a little Gundam, a little this and that. Until I found out about OS-Tans, at which time I also found out about Rozen Maiden, and since that time it's been:
- Megatokyo
- Rozen Maiden
- Mahoromatic
- Love Hina
- Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
- Voices of A Distant Star
- Mahou Sensei Negima
- Azumanga Daioh
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

BTW, since this is an anime thread, what's the deal with "Ouran High School Host Club"? You know what I'm talking about.

CyberRamses

It's been a long time...

The first animes that I saw in my life were Zillion, Don Dracula and Macross (Robotech).

But the culprit for my turn in a anime addicted was Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac).

My favorite saint/knight is Dragon Shiryu!

CaptBrenden

Ah a fellow gunslinger fan and airsofter!  Im fairly new too it, all my guns are still plastic.. but my combat gear was cheap.. i just use my issued gear.  We used to train our new marines with them on the weekend. Fun and training!

anyhow.. I think I was officialy an otaku when I bought a 60 dollar model of eva unit 2 and placed it on my TV for feild day inspections.  I can still remember it...  

"BRENDEN! What the hell is that?"

"Its an evangelion first sergeant!"

"...and what the fuck is that?"

"Its a giant biomechanical huminoid weapon designed to defeat the angels and prevent third impact."

"....."

then he left my room without inspecting anything.  it was great.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.