Nuzlocke. Get in here!

Started by NejinOniwa, February 16, 2013, 09:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Started this with Pokemon White, its good to get back into Pokemon every once and a while.

Hopefully my PSVita won't get to lonely as I play on the 'ol DS Lite...

Will post progress every once and a while.

Chocofreak13

so we ARE allowed to gameshark, or does nej suddenly acquire a glaceon every time?

still deciding, ugh.
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

in the spirit of the game, the only AR code I'll use is the one preventing the black screen

NejinOniwa

Like I said, I had to use an old save in order as a base in order to overcome my save file issues, and while I was at it I added in some balls as well; this was to enable following the rules right away, however, so I didn't have to wait for completing the introplot to start nuzlocke-ing. I will likely box Awesome at some point, though - she is rather overpowered at the moment (evolved and all that), but when we progress further into it she'll get more in line with the competition. I do need to fill up my team first, though, so I'll keep her until then.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

okay. i'ma start a new file and i think i'll go with ruby, since it contains the nuzlocke's namesake.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

I don't know if I could do this, I've had an emotional attachment to these creatures ever since the show came out.

I don't know if I could kill them like that.
But I will try, with a rom of Emerald.

My current team consists of:
Mudkip lv.15 Male    Tackle, bide, Mud-slap, Water-gun
Ralts lv.12 Female   Growl, Confusion
Lotad lv.4 Female    Astonish, Growl
Seedot lv.3 Female  Bide, Harden
Zigzagoon lv.3 Male Tackle, Growl
Wingull lv.4 Male      Growl, Watergun
Simon was here :P

NejinOniwa

Alright, people! Status report.
I'm currently up in Azalea town, preparing to take on the 2nd gym (Bugsy). I've just dumped my dear Awesome in the box, feeling that my current team is well farmed enough to take on whatever comes its way - and she is quite overpowered, anyway. I figure I will refrain from using her until I find an Eevee or something - that, or run out of other decent party members.
I've not had a single fatality so far, but I've had 2 Weedles die on me while catching them, so there goes 2 routes' worth of pokemans. Dearie me.
I've avoided catching any pokemon down in the Slowpoke Well so far, and the same goes for the Sprout tower; I'm probably going to trek back up to the tower later tonight to see if I can catch a Ghastly. This project should be decently safe; since we're playing with the "no doubles" rule, and I already have caught both a Bellsprout and a Rattata - which are the only other pokemon that appear in the tower as far as I know - I should be able to safely net me one ghostie.

ENOUGH PLANNING! THE TEAM SO FAR:
[Box] Potaters, Lv6 Bellsprout
Singah, Lv7 Zubat
Lifeline, Lv6 Spearow
Awesome, Lv13 Glaceon

[Party] Surprise, Lv7 Togepi
Bonk, Lv14 Pidgey
Scramjet, Lv14 Chikorita
Malachite, Lv16 Geodude
Twitch, Lv14 Rattata

I'll probably be farming up to finish these evolutions on my main party members soon enough, so yeah. Allons-y!

NejinOniwa

SOME FARMING LATER...

Singah is Lv8 and in the Party, Surprise is Lv11 and in the Box, and we welcome our newest team member: ZHUGE LIANG THE MOTHERFUCKING LV6 GHASTLY, captured by a plan as cunning as it was dastardly.

Fuuuck yeeeah, ghost types.

EDIT: MFW when facing a Beedrill with Zhuge, who keeps spamming Fury Attack against me while I whittle him down without getting a scratch

NejinOniwa

MY ZUBAT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chocofreak13

i assume we're not allowed to catch a new [insert pokemon here] once the one we had is 'dead'. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Well, you can if you want to - but that means spending a catch on a route you haven't been to, like usual. You CAN catch dupes if you want, but doing so still counts as a catch on that route.

Simonorged

My current team consists of:

Marshstomp lv.16 Male                                         Ralts lv.13 Female
Tackle, Bide, Mud-slap, Water-gun                       Growl, Confusion, Double Team

Wingull lv.16 Male                                                 Skitty lv.7 Female     
Growl, Watergun, Supersonic, Wing Attack          Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Attract

Seedot lv.3 Female                                               Zigzagoon lv.3 Male
Bide, Harden                                                         Tackle, Growl

Lotad Died
They all have the Pkrs for some reason

I beat Roxane

Nichi

You might have encountered a wild Pokémon that has Pokérus while training. If you don't know, that's a good thing; as it helps make them stronger :3

Simonorged

Marshstomp lv.21 Male                                         Ralts lv.13 Female
Tackle, Rock-Tomb, Mud-Shot, Water-gun            Growl, Confusion, Double Team

Wingull lv.24 Male                                                 Skitty lv.14 Female     
Growl, Watergun, Supersonic, Wing Attack          Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sing

Nuzleaf lv.14 Female                                             Zigzagoon lv.3 Male
Bide, Nature Power, Bullet-Seed, Growth              Tackle, Growl, Cut

Thanks for telling me.

Beat Brawly

Nichi

So, I'm starting this up, and because I feel like it, I'm kickin' it old school by playing through the original English version of Pokemon Blue. Thus, the adventure of Penti vs. Gary M. (Yes, the "M" means exactly what you think it does -w-) begins.

So, after I catch or fail to catch the initial Pokemon for a route, am I then allowed to use said route to level grind, or is level grinding not allowed at all?

-Current team-
Agumon: Lv6 Charmander
Blackjack: Lv4 Pidgey
Highwind: Lv3 Spearow