April 08, 2020, 04:43:19 am

Nuzlocke. Get in here!

Started by NejinOniwa, February 16, 2013, 10:04:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Penti-chan

@Nej: Noted. I'll likely have my Charmander on backup, as well as Rattata if I get it to level 14 (Hyper Fang is powerful early in >:3)

NejinOniwa

It might be an issue with your emulator's save type, which is especially common if you're using Nocash. Check the settings for your save type.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Simonorged

It's the VisualBoyAdvance Emulater
Simon was here :P<br />

NejinOniwa

I'd recommend you switch over to Nocash, in that case - while autodetect is a bit crappy, you can usually fix the save type if you take a few minutes (or just google it).
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

I'm interested in this Pokemanz challenge. Buuut I need to download no$gba and the Pokemon games so I'll have to give it a miss :(

NejinOniwa

Or you can just, I mean, go about and do that and join in when you're ready. :)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

doeet. :3



Sora the Pidgey
lv. 10
Tackle
Sand Attack
Gust

Hotaru the Cyndaquil (Starter)
lv. 11
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen

Jade the Geodude
lv. 10
Tackle
Defense Curl

Tanuko the Sentret
lv. 10
Tackle
Defense Curl


currently playing as Nutella the Crystal Trainer. rival's name is Biscoff. about to go up the route from Cherrygrove to Violet City. i'd like to catch one more before i challenge Falkner, which would be interesting given that since it's nightime there's a whole host of new pokemon. (in 3 battles i saw a Hoothoot, Spinarak and Poliwag. couldn't catch any though since they're on the route i caught Sora. >>; )

NejinOniwa

Oh, Crystal. That takes me way back, it does. I remember being all torn up by my old black brick Classic Gameboy couldn't play it, and I ended up getting a GBA so I could actually use the cartridge I'd got...

It was good times, it was, and probably the last of the pokemon games I really was "into" at that first stage of things. I actually bought Sapphire when they came out, but by that time (2003) I was a fair bit more grown up, and I had to get it with my own money as well. While I did like it quite a bit, and many of the new Pokémon were just awesome, it just wasn't as expansive or clear-cut as Crystal had been. Hell, some of the features in Crystal were actually REMOVED for R/S. Though they ended up putting them in Emerald, which is in my opinion the best G3 game by far, but at that point I'd already moved away from the handhelds and started using emulators for everything.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

Crystal was (and is) my favourite of the "classic style" Pokemon games (i say "classic style" because i mean where you run around and catch things, unlike games like Stadium, Trozei, Snap, etc etc.). considering someone was already challenging, g3, i figured going g2 was my best bet. plus, it's the first one where you can be a girl. -w-

speaking of which, at the past time of writing my entire team was female. i've since caught 2 more, so now only 5/6 are female. -w-

NEW POKEMANS

Shui the Poliwag (male)
lv 5 (currently)
Bubble

Enyo the Zubat (female)
lv 3 (currently)
Leech Life

Penti-chan

I nearly went with Crystal, but since I still have the file for my old Wooper-only run I never finished, I decided to instead do Blue. It's been a long time since I played a G1 game, so I figured I'd go for it.

So, I just narrowly defeated Brock. BaconDick was in the red, having soloed all of Brock's Pokémon, but I managed to pull through before Onix could catch me with the energy it built-up with Bide; leading me to victory. Now, healed up, I prepare to head toward Mt. Moon

-Current party: picture form-

NejinOniwa

@K: Yeah, I keep getting almost full female teams as well. It's really weird...

It'd be good enough in some cases (Dratini for example) weren't it for the fact that you're not allowed to do any Breeding in this gamemode -_-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Penti-chan

One last update before bed.

I'm now outside of Mt. Moon, with my party at about level 14 or so. Also, there's a new addition; a Jigglypuff named Eggie, which was a pain to get and level up due to only knowing Sing, but once she hit level 9, she was more than capable of holding her own with Pound.

On this route, I kept constantly running into Pidgeys and Spearows; of which I already have (Blackjack and Highwind, respectively), so I was starting to think it was a bust until I encountered a Jigglypuff

Chocofreak13

February 22, 2013, 01:55:14 am #57 Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:37:49 am by Chocofreak13
nice one on the new pokemans, man. -w- pound is really useful, and sing might seem stupid now, but just wait around until you can lull Sabrina's powerhouses to sleep and just chip away at them. -w- (i'm really thankful Shui has hypnosis now, i don't think i'm gonna get rid of it (ever) despite it being a really early move.)

@nej: the funny thing is, this is only the second time i can remember getting a female starter. it seems like you typically have a 1/3 chance of getting a chick starter, but usually the one i pick is male. funnier still, the other time was on my physical Crystal cartridge.

i'ma update after, since i'm still playing. :3

EDIT:


yes, both Hotaru and Tanuko have evolved. -w- Tanuko's power caps out pretty soon (considering the biggest move i have to look forward to is either Fury Swipes or Rest....yeah), but for right now she's a solid base pokemon. current stats are as follows:

Hotaru the Quilava (female; starter)
lv 14 (closer to 15, actually)
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember

Sora the Pidgey (female)
lv 13
Tackle
Sand Attack
Gust

Tanuko the Furret (female)
lv. 15
Tackle
Defense Curl
Quick Attack

Jade the Geodude (female)
lv. 11
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Throw

Shui the Poliwag (male)
lv. 10
Bubble
Hypnosis

Egg (genderless atm)
just got it
i could throw it at stuff but that would defeat the purpose of even having it since it would die

box'd:

Enyo the Zubat (female)
lv. 10
Leech Life
Supersonic


to give a brief status update, after level grinding for a few hours to get everyone 10+ (and then to evolve Hotaru and Tanuko since they were so close anyway), i went after Falkner, who was a bit of a cakewalk. netted me a good pool of cash, a badge, and a TM for Mud Slap; i'm thinking of using it on Shui since he's the only one who CAN use it, anyway (unless by some miracle Jade can learn it, but somehow i doubt it). will go off to the Ruins of Alph and Union Cave after taking on the Bellsprout Tower tomorrow.

NejinOniwa

A bit of a tip for eggs: there are Hoppip on the route just east of Azalea, and they DO NOT HAVE ANY OFFENSIVE MOVES if I recall correctly. I'd verify that first, of course, but even a lv1 togepi can beat a lv8 hoppip with no offensive moves.

I think.

Otherwise just use the power of swappage ;)

As fore male/female starters, believe it or not it's even lower. All starters have a 12.5% chance of being female, versus 87.5% of being male. So getting a female starter is incredibly lucky indeed, since it allows for breeding...

...if we weren't playing Nuzlocke. :|

I beat the Ecruteak Gym yesterday, btw! Dratini is fucking amazing. :D
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

I just ran into Entei. In the water. Leading with a Lv24 Geodude against a legendary 16 levels higher.

I was fucking scared, man ;_;

Luckily he just ran off, but still EEK
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS