Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

There are, in general, two main branches of Satanic thought; theistic and atheistic.  Modern Satanism as is best known can be traced back to the 1966 founding of the Church of Satan by Anton LeVay; there's not really any of what is traditionally thought of as Satanic worship involved.  Instead they're more about doing what you want and not believing in 'suppression' of 'human nature'.  Theistic Satanism is concerned with the Biblical Satan and the veneration/worship/etc. there of.

If you're burning to know my personal opinion the 'Satanic' tag is nothing but shock value on LeVay's part, since they disavow all belief in gods or devils.

Chocofreak13

tbh i mostly saw it as that too (shock value), and i get uber-suspicious of anyone claiming to worship satan these days. being a pagan makes me sensitive to others claiming to worship these religions, as most people who claim to be "wiccan" or "pagan" or "satanist" are usually teenage posers trying to look cool.

i have the satanic bible on my shelf. have yet to read it, but i like that i have it. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Both of those letters remind me of a former roommate of my bro-in-law; whom was a gigantic prick.

To be honest, I never liked him in the least, and it took a while for everyone else to see what I didn't like. He saw me as a "complete loser", whom needed his divine guidance to become "a real man" like him; whom is a complete creeper obsessed with sex, alcohol, and violence (Especially if he's the one starting the fight). He kept pushing himself onto me because I needed to become "a real man", yet nobody sided with me on it for the longest time; telling me to ignore it because "that's how he is", even though it made me very uncomfortable.

Eventually, people slowly began to take my side on it, as he slowly became less welcome in the group (Even more so with how he kept stealing stuff from bro-in-law, and dismissed any complaints my sister had about him as her being "a spoiled brat"; even when he took her laptop without permission and left it in the backseat of his car in plain sight with doors unlocked, among many other things). Finally, bro-in-law put his foot down, kicked the guy out of the house, and told him to never come around again; which allowed me to finally feel comfortable coming over to visit again.

At least in the case of this group, they finally let go of that guy, although it took some time for them to finally realize how terrible of a person he was :\

Chocofreak13

it always takes time. people don't like confronting others. it's so much easier to wrap yourself in the warm cloak of denial. >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

#SMÖRKATASTROF
#TOTALVRÄKTA###
#GULDSTORMEN###
#LORDNELSON###
#ODENMEDOSS###
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Chocofreak13

i'm thinking it has something to do with the Olympics. congrats, if that's what it is.

also, i don't normally keep up with sports, but i have much love for our Ice Dancing and Hockey teams, since they kick so much ass.

it's worth noting that Hockey is one of 2 sports i've watched willingly and would be a very proud Hockey mom. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Only Olympic sport I really care about is bobsledding. TBH, I'd love to ride in a bobsled at least once

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Partially Mario Party, and partially a rollercoaster I rode on at Six Flags eons ago; which at one point has the car go off rails as you glide through a half-pipe like you're in a bobsled. Damn that was fun >:3

NejinOniwa

In summario: Sweden wrecked face in the ski relays. The Norwegian relay teams' (who were sort of favorites) skis were abysmally waxed and they failed spectacularly.
Ski wax in norwegian is "smör", which also means butter.
Curiously, a few years ago the norwegians ran out of butter all across the nation.
Thus, Smörkatastrof (butter catastrophe).
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@pent: niiiiice. -w-

@nej: i lol'd heartily. skal, my brother. -w-
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Nej: Ohhhh, thanks for clarifying. (Butter Catastrophe sounds like a Paula Deen recipe though.)

@Genpop: I've been watching a lot of the Olympics .... this is how I get my fill of sports every two years, lol.