Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i voted for obama. if it weren't for the fact that FDR (aka the greatest president ever) had sealed the office time limit to 2 terms, i'd vote for him again. to say that the programs he is funding are "unnessecary" is, frankly, one of the most offensive things i have ever heard. i realize this is the topic for that sort of thing, so i'm not going to let it get to me, but for the love of god you can't understand the need for those programs unless you actually need them. now, i'm unaware of your station in life or your financial situation. but as someone whose family is just trying to make ends meet, who can't afford healthcare, college, even other such basic things as electricity or heat, these programs are a godsend. my dad is currently applying for disability since an injury last year has rendered him unable to work in the field he's held for 30 years. this, from the man that considered anything less than constantly doing something to be a complete lazy waste of time. yes, he's looking into alternative fields, but in the meantime the governmental programs have really taken the edge off my parents so they don't have to sacrifice what little retirement funding they have.

as for obama vs bush, 4 years is NOT enough time to clean up 8 years of mess. when bush came into office, WE WERE IN THE BLACK. thanks to clinton, who, while he had his flaws, was another president i wish i could have voted for. (considering i wasn't even born yet when he took office, that possibility is lost on me.) bush, while he might be a nice guy, was a lousy president. i won't go into the details as that would spark yet another shitstorm of squabbling, but obama has to deal with all the problems bush left behind. the achilles heel of every president is the legacy his predecessor leaves behind. with a strong legacy comes a strong foundation. with a fractured nation comes a crumbling one.

chris rock made a great point about the whole situation.

"I mean, if I want to talk to him, I can call him. Dude, being the first black anything sucks. But the country was in shambles, and he's cleaning it up. If you properly clean a room, it gets dirtier before it gets cleaner. Ever come back to your hotel room before the maids are finished? My God! Republicans are complaining. Romney's complaining. But Romney's rich. He doesn't know shit about cleaning."

Spoiler: ShowHide

thank your lucky stars bella's not here yet.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

True enough, but do share with me what Bush did wrong. With detail and events.

I'm debating but I'm also learning.
I want to hear opinions and what you personally believe, but with facts as well.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

you were a bush supporter, weren't you.

as i said, i'm trying to avoid a shitstorm. but if you insist, here's one for you. i look back at his handling of 9/11 with contempt. it was a fragile, tragic time for the country, but the best thing that could have been done would be to dust ourselves off and MOVE THE FUCK ON. not drag it out. not send people over into their territory without much clear goal in mind. not even eye an entire religion with such suspicion that groups of people would demonize anyone who even LOOKED like they were islamic, regardless of whether they were or not. (and of course ignore the fact that the people behind the attacks were radicals, not to be taken as the voice of the entire religion.) we didn't even catch the guy we were looking for untill bush was out of office, leaving 8 years of pointless, costly waste in our wake. the rest of the world also views us under his decisions as well. holding the office of president is a very important responsibility, not only because you lead your people, but you also represent them. if you're led by a radical idiot, people will think you're a radical idiot.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

I'm not defending Bush. I was too young to vote and there was so much shit going on(in my life)that I honestly didn't care.

And I don't like the governmental programs, they see like a trap to me.
But that doesn't mean that some of them aren't necessary.

It's never right to discriminate.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

yeah, the system DOES seem set up to screw us over. but at least it's something. ><;
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 30, 2013, 01:22:04 PM
yeah, the system DOES seem set up to screw us over. but at least it's something. ><;

be glad... your system only seems... ours is Montreal

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Besides... wrestling is Life Lite Lite (i.e. the smallest representation of the smallest representation of life)

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Well, it's one my Ideas...

Here's an Idea: Life is a video-game, You decide to go through it using cheats or not

Chocofreak13

i've been saying life is a video game for years, but not because of that.
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 30, 2013, 03:23:49 PM
i've been saying life is a video game for years, but not because of that.
then because of what, hat lady?

Chocofreak13

because i find change everywhere and suddenly it feels like Bully in the way you would collect rubber bands and G&G cards.
click to make it bigger