Any OS-tan comic ideas you want me to draw?

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 23, 2012, 11:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

There's a very real reason she is as axe-crazy as she is in Mertvaya Ruka's story, you know...
She's not evil, she's just broken. Very, very broken...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Can someone set her up in a penpal program with SAGE-sama? I think they'd be able to bond over shared experiences. (´ω`)

THIS SHOULD BE A BUDDY COMEDY

NejinOniwa

She was unfortunately very dead all the time until well after SAGE stopped being very responsive to the world.

Bella

Bah, SAGE isn't so far gone that she can't still make friends. 'u'

NejinOniwa

Yeah, but COLOSSUS wasn't really made with that function built-in...
Part of the reason why she has such a hard time fitting in and making sense of people/orders/missions/whatever is that she simply can't sort people. While both she and SAGE are military units, SAGE was built in the middle of the Cold War with lots of tensions high, but nothing really happening live (not to mention with plenty more advanced tech backing her - seeing as COLOSSUS isn't Turing-complete, I figure it'd be a good way to translate that into canon); whereas COLOSSUS was born and bred during the greatest war of modern history, and did enough operations to become a decorated war hero if not for the fact that she was scrapped by her masters. Basically, COLOSSUS isn't capable of sorting people beyond Enemy/Allied subordinate/Allied superior/Civilian. WITCH has tried her best to instill into her the fact that others can be on the same rank as her, but that's about as far as even Omega has managed to ease her back into society.

So tl;dr, she'd be a tough nut to crack in terms of friendship.
makes me wanna pony that shit hurhurhur

Bella

Ohh, I gotcha now. That makes sense, and it also makes me wonder if this couldn't explain some of the mental instabilities present in other WWII-era computer-tans (well, it's really only ENIAC and Harvard Mk. I-tan).

If you pony it, I will provide illustrations. : p

NejinOniwa

That would be nice. ^^

Oh, also: working on more BUS and MRS right now. I'll see if I can get something as a preview or so tonight.

Bella

Ohhohohoh.

Maybe we should continue this discussion of Colossus-tan in one of the Theories thread - or if you post any writtage, Scrap Paper - since we're derailing Aurora-san's thread pretty badly. ^^;

Chocofreak13

if you do, tell me. this sounds interesting. :0

@aurora: coming up with ideas would be easier if you'd let us know if you wanted one-shot ideas or ideas for a series of yonkomas. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

It sounded like she's looking for one-shot ideas, but I might be wrong.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I'm looking for one-shots or few-page ideas for now.

@Pentium: I'm getting the storyboard sketched for that idea we were working on.

Nichi

Aurora Borealis

@Pentium: Here's the storyboard!

EDIT: Oops I made a typo on panel 1; DL-tan was supposed to say "well, yes..."

Also that's not the full-sized version. Looks like photobucket scaled it down, so I should upload this to the gallery instead.

Nichi

I agree on uploading it to the gallery; Photobucket has a habit of shrinking large pictures, in my experience.

Also, I like it so far. When you start to work on the final version, it'd be neat to throw in a few easter eggs into the background; like maybe have books with titles of stories and comics written by OSCers on the shelf in the first panel, if that isn't too difficult to pull off. Otherwise, I can't really think of anything else; it looks nice so far :3