Any OS-tan comic ideas you want me to draw?

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 23, 2012, 11:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I feel bad I've barely drawn any OS-tan stuff this year, and want to get back to drawing some more stuff, even if it's short simple comics. I have a few ideas already in progress, but am struggling to come up with some more for the time being. So, anyone have any some ideas for some simple comics? Even better if it's quirky historical stuff. :) I'd like to make this into a collaborative project where we can post ideas, refine them, draw them, etc. and post these up.

Nichi

I actually did have an idea for a picture, that maybe someone could come up with a plot for and maybe make into a 4koma

All I really have pictured in my head is a guy reading a copy of Macs for Dummies, and sitting next to him is MacOS-tan; reading a book titled "Dummies for Macs"

Aurora Borealis

A starting point would be to identify the other character. Maybe someone is trying to befriend one of the Mac-tans: either an anonymous character, or ME-tan (reading the book, hoping to understand the Macs in time for the next Windows-Mac meeting!), or Dreamlinux-tan (trying to get the courage to talk to Mac-tan, who is her role model). I think either of the latter two would be easier to make into a 4Koma.

Bella

Weird that you made this thread tonight, earlier today I was trying to draw some comic vignettes with MUSIC/SP and MTS-tan. O.O

On that note, I'd like to see more drawings of vintage OS-tans - 1970s and previous - mainly because they're underrepresented in artwork (well, aside from my own) and many of them exist only in writing with no drawn representations yet.

Considering the weird and clashing personalities in their factions, there's plenty of quick, one-shot comic potential among the DEC, CDC and IBM-tans imo ...

Aurora Borealis

@Bella: I have in mind a 4Koma where a diplomatic meeting is attempted at the IBM faction palace, but TOS/360 escapes from the basement and scares the visitors away. I have the script typed up, now to draw it...

NejinOniwa

/osc/ has a mivehind hidden somewhere, and we all know it.

And for some reason, I get this feeling that the death and resurrection of COLOSSUS would be a splendid comic idea. Slightly above 4koma format, of course, and a bit more DEEP, but seeing as the script is already written, you know, why the hell not.

Also I need to get back to my OS-tan writage sometime. Ponies are stealing my hours away too fast >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Aurora: I initially thought of Toshiaki as the person reading the first book, but I think I like the idea of having Dreamlinux-tan reading it :3

Chocofreak13

are we all thinking the same thing? hivemind, srsly? cause since i'm starting to really get into comic preperation, i've been thinking of furthering the plot of the OS-tan Comiket (i have one arc so far, and a few more in mind).
that said, i also had an idea for a spinoff series of yonkomas about my ideal computer, called Nanami's House. it'd basically star nanami as a landlady in a large apartment-house (think Chobits or Maison Ikkoku), with the various residents being all the programs installed.

if you want ideas for something for you to draw, though, ME-tan goes to the Convenience Store. seems like it could be the subject of a series of yonkomas.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I did actually have a second idea for a comic, if you'd like me to share it now. I don't want to overload you with too many of my ideas, so let me know if you want to see the 2nd one (Which I pretty much have the whole thing planned out)

Aurora Borealis

@Pentium: I sort of have an idea for a script.

@Nejin: I'd like to at the very least make an illustration depicting the sad state Colossus was in just before her death. To expand that into a comic, I'll need your help with like the atmosphere, the scenery, layout.

@Choco: I'd like to see that too! Maybe we could help each other with OS-tan comics?

Nichi

Sounds good to me xD

Also, I came up with a second idea for a different comic, if you want to hear it once you're finished with my first request. I don't want to overload you all at once ^_^;

Chocofreak13

@aurora: i'd love to help each other. though, to be fair, i'm in preparations now that i have a solid webcomic plan involving smackjeeves. so 90% of my creative efforts are being poured into Ace's High. ^^;;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Aurora@Nejin: I'd like to at the very least make an illustration depicting the sad state Colossus was in just before her death. To expand that into a comic, I'll need your help with like the atmosphere, the scenery, layout.
The thing with Colossus at the end was the fact that she'd had her death sentence for over a decade before it was actually enacted. After the war was over, it was a kind of, "Okay, thanks for your hard work, but we're gonna have to kill you eventually, so please keep working for a while so we can kill you when we're done with you" sort of deal. And Colossus went along with it, because she was programmed so deep down to remain loyal, to protect Britain and her secrets - even if it cost her own life. At the very end, she has this epiphany, realizing the fact that she's been betrayed by Absolutely Everyone, including herself. The world was out to get her, and she helped them fasten the noose around her neck and jumped off willingly.

I don't have any really fitting words for the utter despair and rage she'd be in at the end, honestly. Nobody was on her side, not even herself. So if you're feeling up for some drawery of complete betrayal, the fall of Colossus is gonna be gud.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Paul

I'd really like to see the story of Colossus converted into a comic. But that sounds like a HUGE project to me, though I suppose the outcome will be quite meticulous :3

Bella

Quote from: Paul on September 27, 2012, 03:57:51 PM
I'd really like to see the story of Colossus converted into a comic. But that sounds like a HUGE project to me, though I suppose the outcome will be quite meticulous :3

Seconding.

I never thought I'd be able to say it, but that makes me feel sorry for Colossus-tan. : (