Fall 2012 AniMaple Leaves are Turning Red

Started by Chocofreak13, August 06, 2012, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fall2012Anime
http://nabe.kokidokom.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/iWb5JkNSpPlxp.jpg
it's that time of year again, folks! since nej has been busy in Vacationland i'll take over duties once again. we have some fresh anime, some seasons of earlier anime, and some continuations of stuff from earlier this year. to me, i'm a bit 'meh' on most of what's here, but maybe it'll be like last season when i loved everything and everyone else was 'meh' on all of that, too. xD
the ones that sound mildly interesting to me(confirmed interest in bold):

Busou Shinki
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!

Code:Breaker (???, perhaps for the club if it's not too graphic)
Girls Und Panzer (MAYBE. maybe.)
Haitai Nanafa (i'm basing this on the style alone)
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (as cute as this looks, it's a bit shakey since i haven't seen any of it yet and this is season FOUR.)
Hiiro no Kakera (though i should watch the first season first >>; )
Hayate no Gotoku (?)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (i've always wondered what this is about and now i can find out)
Kamisama Hajimemashita (maybe?)
Little Busters (?)
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne (?)
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanajo
Sukitte Ii Na Yo (???)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Zetsuen no Tempest (???)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Once again cancer has killed the anime industry, and all SHAFT is giving us this season is MORE HIDAMARI SKETCH.

Oh my, I will be VERY studious this autumn.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

TVTrope's description of Girls Und Panzer is absolutely hilarious.

I might check out Robotics;Notes if I ever finish Steins;Gate. >>

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 06, 2012, 04:05:54 PM
Once again cancer has killed the anime industry, and all SHAFT is giving us this season is MORE HIDAMARI SKETCH.

Oh my, I will be VERY studious this autumn.

IKR? We haven't had a good anime season since, like, what? Winter/Spring 2011?

Chocofreak13

to be fair, i liked the offerings last season, but for once i agree with you. nothing has me hyped up at all. >>;
some look alright, but after last season it's disappointing since EVERYTHING looked good to me last season. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

To clarify:
SHIT TIER:
Battle Spirits Sword Eyes
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! - (She Has Adolescent Delusions, But I Want to Love Her!)
Chou Soku Henkei Gyrozetter - (Super Speed Transforming Gyrozetter)
Busou Shinki - (Armed God-Princesses)
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne
Sukitte Ii Na Yo - (Say "I love you")

SO UNORIGINAL IT'S COPYPASTA TIER:
Code:Breaker
Ixion Saga DT
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Little Busters!
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo - (The Pet Girl of the Sakura Hall)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - (The Monster Seated Next To Me)
Zetsuen No Tempest - (Isolated Tempest)

BY THE GODS WHY DID THIS GET ANOTHER SEASON TIER:
Hayate the Combat Butler! Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
Bakuman。 3
Hiiro no Kakera 2nd Season
Jormungand
To Love-Ru Darkness

IM 12 YEARS OLD AND WHAT IS THIS TIER:
Girls Und Panzer
Magi - Labyrinth of Magic

INSUFFICIENT INFO TIER:
Haitai Nanafa
K
Psycho Pass

POSSIBLY INTERESTING TIER:
Robotics;Notes
Jojos Bizarre Adventure
Seitokai no Ichizon 2
Shin Sekai Yori - (From the New World)

And even then half of those possibly interesting ones are so by a VERY generous margin of suspension d' disbelief.
SO DEPRESSING.

Nichi

Mmm. Aside from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, nothing of interest here

Chocofreak13

@nej: i think it depends on preference. for example, a couple of the series i think look good ended up on your shit tier. however, most of them i agree with, especially some things in tier 2 and everything in tiers 3, 4, and 5. >>;

the general concensus is that regardless of preference, this whole season lacks passion from all sides. it's just one big "MEH." ><;;
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

so it seems we all overlooked the first anime on the list, due to lack of info and a picture.

tbh, Aikatsu! doesn't sound very original, but depending on the art style and how deep the plot might be, it MIGHT be worth looking into.

of course, i saw the word "idols" and i was like "OMGSOUKYOOT". my bad. :\
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

Jojo is really great, but the manga. Dunno if the anime is of quality...

For example Berserk is a superb manga but the anime was made really el-cheapo (I think that they had really a low budget)
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

yeah, with a manga that's such a long-standing one, there's quite a bit of room for error. but personally, i think it's better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all. worst case scenario is that we never speak of it again. :\
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

AIRING NOW(please note that more animoo have been added to the list from when this was announced)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Okay. Reviews so far...

CODE:BREAKER - Animated like it's 2005 or something. Lead characters are well voiced, but the story is SO DAMN CHEESE. Will most likely drop.
Magi - Apparently Aladdin and Alibaba is in an animu now or something. But aside from the fact that the main character is named Alibaba and yet looks like a short-haired version of me, it's good so far. Will follow.
Tonari no kaibutsukun - I get the urge to type this as one word every time. Anyway, seems pretty k. Will follow.
EYEPATCH MOEchu2koi - Silly abbreviations, yes. Veeeery doubtful setup, yes. But when KyoAni does it...you just can't know what will come of this. Animation is superb and voicework is as well, but I haven't gotten through the first episode yet. I have problems with humiliation, so to speak. Will at least try, though. /a/ absolutely adores it.
K - Haven't watched yet, but it's on the list.
Jojo - Smells like utter and total waste of time, I'm afraid. It's like a mediocre Gundam Seed, but without the robots. Dropped.

Robotics;Notes isn't out yet, but I'm patiently waiting for that. Otherwise, it seems like we're up a few, but down some.

Chocofreak13

i've torrented Tonari, BTOOOM!, and Tempest, with plans to torrent more (including ChuKoi). have yet to watch, will update later.
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

aw, no love for hidamari. XD;
It's the amusing, wideface-cute noise you watch when you want to completely turn off your brain! ....I like it, and I accept your scorn. :D
(and I loved they chose the Hidamari artist for Madoka. The contrast with Urobuchi's storytelling made it awesome, imo)

Will watch Hidamari, Chu2koi, Robotics;Notes. Possibly Psycho Pass (cuz Urobuchi Gen), Girls Und Panzer (cuz I liked Strike Witches and World of Tanks game, so why not?), and Jojo (cuz... Jojo), depending on how much time I have to watch. If not while airing, then much later (as I tend to do with a lot of series).

And for the record, my disbelief is always suspended. :3

Chocofreak13

i'm thinking of jojo too, simply because i've always wanted to know more about the series but never got the chance to read the manga. as for hidamari, it looks adorable, but if i'm to watch it i've got 3 seasons before it.

and tbh as cute as it looks, the energy spent making a 4th season could have been spent making the rest of the pickings less....meh. ;^;
click to make it bigger