Main Menu

OSC Anime Club

Started by Chocofreak13, March 25, 2012, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

no one else was gonna start it, so as usual i did. but that's okay.

pick a series, people. preferrably one that no one's seen yet. might i suggest the spring anime list? (or maybe a past favourite, who the hell cares what we torrent. >>; )
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Uh, anyone wanna watch the rest of Moretsu Pirates with me?  I'm only up to episode four.

Red-Machine

I haven't watched Elfen Lied in a while.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

@Stew: Sounds interesting. Send the series my way sometime :3

Red-Machine

Nichi

Oh ^_^;

Post edited. Damn them for both having avatars of Twilight Sparkle; resulting in me mixing them up >_<;;

Bella

For the record: I wanted to watch Princess Jellyfish with Kari but she started w/o any notice. ;-;

Quote from: stewartsage on March 26, 2012, 04:07:59 AM
Uh, anyone wanna watch the rest of Moretsu Pirates with me?  I'm only up to episode four.

I'd be up for it, I wanted to check out that series anyway.

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 26, 2012, 04:21:44 AM
I haven't watched Elfen Lied in a while.

I wouldn't mind giving this a watch either, though (as with Evangelion) it's a series I'm kind of nervous about watching due to its reputation for being very violent and depressing. : /

Red-Machine

I'll admit it nearly made me cry.  I watched it about five times in the week after that and was emotionally drained by the end of it.

Nichi

I watched Elfin Lied years ago, after an idiot whom I was friends with lead me into believing this was going to be like Chobits. It wasn't

I spent an entire day watching the series, and by the end, I was very disturbed, very confused, and in dire need of Lucky Star to cheer me up ;_;

Bella

@Red: Ouch. :[ I was pretty much emotionally drained by the end of Haibane Renmei (which still stands as the only anime that's made me cry ... like, a lot), and that isn't nearly as depressing as Elfin Lied is.

Though there's a chance I could watch it and the bleakness could be SO over the top that I tune it out, which is what happened when I watched SaiKano. (Though in that case, it probably helped that I disliked the main characters and found the entire plot to be poorly-crafted, which kept me from ever getting into it...)

Red-Machine

It depends who you ask.  I consider it an emotionally powerful masterpiece, but others I have spoken to thought it was innane and the characters were annoying. :\

NejinOniwa

SPOILERS: Moretsu started good and turned boring rather fast. I dropped it around halfway. :/
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

If anybody wants to, we could also do the first season of Digimon (Uncut Japanese version with subtitles, of course). I can attempt to provide all 54 episodes to anyone who's interested, and I've only watched the first episode, so you won't have long to catch up to me

I'd also suggest Ben-To, but I'm almost finished with it

Chocofreak13

i don't mind re-watching the first couple episodes of Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish). i was going to anyway since i wanted to show it to my mum. i won't spoil anything, and you can bet on that. :3

that said, i'd like to know the premise of the show before i watch it, so what's M. Pirates about?

as for Elfen Lied, while i love the ending theme (i have a version by Teto that i know all the words to), i have enough shit in my life without watching something that's going to make me want to go get a kitchen knife and introduce it to my veins. ;^; if you guys want to watch something like this, i'll quietly take my leave. >>;;;

that said, i also have Sekirei seasons 1 and 2, and while i watched part of season 1, that was last year, so i don't remember much. it's a good series, though a bit ecchi. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I for one do not intend on watching Elfin Lied again. Everybody else can do it if they want, but I refuse to touch that series again >_<;