Released AmigaOS 4.1 Update3

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, October 08, 2011, 12:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

It is an update for registered 4.1 Amiga users.

it runs on ancient Amigas equipped with PPC Processor expansion slot card, AmigaONE, micro AmigaONE, Sam 440Ep, Sam 440EX,  Sam 460EX, Pegasos I & II line of computers.

Update 3, painstakingly assembled by AmigaOS' project lead Steven Solie after extensive beta testing by our dedicated team of beta testers, contains a substantial part of the new functionality and a wide variety of bug fixes and improvements developed over the last 16 months.

Please note that some new applications (including Timberwolf) will rely on the feature-set of AmigaOS 4.1 Update 3.

An incomplete list of features in Update 3 includes:

- Updated Installation Utility program;
- Updated PATA and SATA drivers;
- Improved DOS stability and speed;
- Fixed Amiga shared object issues;
- Support for AmigaOne keyboards including boing key swap feature; Set keymap_swapaltamiga to "on" in your firmware to enable;
- Updated Intuition and GUI components;
- New consistent full release string including update number;
- Updated AmiSSL certificates;
- Updated USB stack with USB 2.0 (EHCI) support;
- Improved Sam460ex support including sound driver;
- I2C support for the Sam440ep and Sam460ex platforms;
- Updated and improved Warp3D support;
- Faster 2D graphics support;
- Various kernel fixes for increased stability;
- Updated MUI with many new features to make porting MUI 4.0 based applications simpler;
- Improved notifications support.

Source: Hyperion, Belgium
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Raffaele the Amigan

As a MorphOS Amiga clone user, and enjoying USB 2.0 since ages, I find odd that AmigaOS supports it only now in 2011, but I am happy for my AmigaOS "cousins".

At least they are enjoying 2.0 at maximum speed data transfer, and all comments saying it works flawlessly at full speed with no data loss, and so they are quite happy now.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]