Main Menu

AIR

Started by Mith~Of~Rose, March 20, 2006, 10:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mith~Of~Rose

I am a huge fan of the AIR series and i was just wondering if there were any other fans here. It seems like a good place to ask, you all seemed at least fairly well versed in your anime. It would be nice to have a forum where people knew more anime than what was played on Adult Swim (not that those arent all great)

Pitkin

Never watched the series myself, even though I've read about it a couple of times already. It's a very recent series, from 2005 and not yet licensed internationally, so I think I'll give it a go before long. Lately I've only been watching Lupin III movies and Pani Poni Dash!, so when I get back to my own computer at the end of the month, I'll have time to see at least a couple of episodes. ^_^

Mith~Of~Rose

Yes, i watched it in origional japanese with subtitles, i belive its actually based on a Dating sim game itself.

Q4(V)

i watch the moive, it was good ... that it, that all i have to say, y did i post? lol

Mith~Of~Rose

Most likely you posted because you were looking for a thread where someone would actually here you :P And thats cool, elaborate, what did you think of the movie? Ive only seen the series (those are two seperate things right?) so i have no idea what to expect, well aside from greatness that is.

Darknight_88

MISUZU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ToT
ehem
Air TV fan reporting, sir  ;001
I have watched both series and movie and 1 and a half OVA's (the torrent was damaged Ã,¬Ã,¬). The movie isnt too diferent from the series, they just changed a bit the history, more development on the Misuzu-Yukito relationshiop...and its much more easier to understand xD. Unfortunately, Minagi doesnt appear.

And indeed, Air was originally a dating sim
BTW, has someone here played (more like read...) Planetarian?. Its just my imagination or all the Key stories have a sad end?
REVERIE!!!!!T.T

Mith~Of~Rose

Yay another fan. And yes the series was incredibly hard to understand at first, some things are varily random. If they ever translate the game i would really like to play it. As for the sad end thing, i dont think i could manage to find out AIR was heart wrenching enough at the end :P

Darknight_88

not enough heart wrenching?! what kind of human you are...T.T it was sad...really sad...sniff....MISUZU!!!! ToT
lol
But I think the only Air game translation project was interrupted...so there's no much hope. I think a Korean team translated it, but of course, it was translated into Korean...=/

Mith~Of~Rose

I was actually saying it was amazingly emotional, i almost cried (the fact i was watching it with my friend and trying to seem incredibly wussy did a good job of stopping me). Also....now we just need a korean to english translator....yes....bwahahahaha

Darknight_88

lol, sorry, I understood something different (I think its a bit too weird to get a 9 in my english class...O.o).
errr...I think It'd be the same to translate It from japanese xD

Mith~Of~Rose

Sure it would be the same to translate it from japanese, but where is the challenge in that? :P

Darknight_88

In the fact that, from what I've read, Air its very difficult to translate. Even Japanese folks need to take their time to understand some parts.
So, Im not so sure that my last statement was right...maybe translating it from korean would be more easy =P. But It looks like the main problem isnt the translation thing: changing the game code to add the translated text its not so easy =/

rdhdtwns

I started watching Air TV the other day. I am a big fan of Kanon, and it's from the same studio so I figured I'd check it out. Of course, not disappointed so far :D I'm not sure which one I like better.. (because one of my animegirl crushes/loves is Nayuki <3) but this one is good~!!

Urge.. to..cosplay!! x.x

My guess is that, like Kanon, it'll never come over because it's full of toooo many Japanese things and customs. Kind of reminds me of my liner notes of Genshiken... some of the stuff they parody isn't even over here -_-

pani poni dash <3 <3 <3 *cough* sorry.
So cute it\'s deadly!

Darknight_88

lolz, looks like I take my time to reply in this thread xD
sry
Kanon...I think a friend of mine have it, so maybe I should tell him to let me borrow it. But, I think Kyoto animation studios is going to remake Kanon, just after The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ends (why?!!! Why just 14 ep??!!!)
Anyway, You should try to see Haruhi (complete name wrote just above)...GREAT SERIES. Also, (as stated above) its from the same studio than Air and Kanon.

2K-Tan

Air?AIR?.....Oh my I love that series ^^ It's so cute at first,but then begins to be sad...:( But it's a great series and the details are lovely,the graphics are allmost like in reality.
Misuzu is so cute,and I specialy like Potato XD The little dog that looks sort of like ramen O__o"
I watched the anime twice,because I love it too much.Still,I dodn't watch the OVA and I really want to ,I am crazy after that O_O