Main Menu

RIP Steve Jobs

Started by Tenkohime, October 05, 2011, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenkohime

You probably already heard about it. I found out when they cut into the show I was watching to announce it. It's a shock. I'm not sure what else to add, right now.

Nichi

I got the news on GameFAQs, and honestly though it was a joke until somebody posted a link to an article proving it

A damn shame, really. The Macs of my fleet (Sonata and Fuuka) are saddened by the loss of the man who had a hand in their creation

Chocofreak13

saw it on yahoo, and gothy doesn't seem affected.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 05, 2011, 10:55:10 PM
saw it on yahoo, and gothy doesn't seem affected.

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

The world has lost a great person tonight. Not the Mac users, not the Apple fanatics, THE WORLD. We only see a few truly great inventors, visionaries and businesspeople in a lifetime, and Jobs was all of those put together in a single person - we would not be using computers, as we know them, if he hadn't accomplished what he had in his short life.

He suffered a lot over the last few years - cancer, from what I heard - so I can sympathize even more with him and his family, having lost my own mother, as well as an aunt, uncle and two close family friends to the disease. I'm comforted by the knowledge that he can finally be at peace and that he has left a legacy that will endure far past his death.

Nichi

What Bella said. You didn't see me celebrating Amy Winehouse's death, even if I don't like her music at all

Paul

I gotta admit, I didn't always like Apple, but there's no denying that Steve Jobs was one of the most passionate people in the computer world. And, he definitely lived for his company and was a great inventor.

RIP Steve Jobs and I wish all the best for his family

Krizonar

"I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work. Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely."

-Bill gates

Bella

That's really lovely of Gates to say; I always got the impression that they respected each other, and probably got along, despite being competitors. It's only business after all.

Pitkin

That's terrible news. That was the first news I saw after waking up, and it really casts a shadow on this day. Steve Jobs was one of the greatest visionaries when it came to home computers and entertainment technology, but also a funny and talented showman who put enthusiasm and positive energy into everything he was for. I'm quite devastated to hear about his passing, even if it cannot really be called a surprise with the health problems Steve Jobs had during his last years.

Way too soon, Steve. :'(

Red-Machine

You all know how vehemently anti-Apple I have been over the years, and my feelings towards Jobs personally have been less than warm.

However, one must not be disrespectful of the recently deceased.  I salute a man who not only was a fellow techie, but was a genuine visionary in the field of computing and tech in general.

RIP Steve Jobs - a worthy adversary, and a hero to many in the tech industry.  The stars that shine twice as bright, burn half as long.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

see my rant in topicless.

that said, anyone got a pheonix down? i think steve jobs could use it (and he was too young to die anyway).
click to make it bigger