Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

it's adorably addicting. though, if you're not a cat person, you understandably won't like it. :0
click to make it bigger

Bella

So I've played FO4 for a few hours already, initial thoughts (NO MAJOR SPOILERS):

-I'm not a big fan of the main quest but whatever
-Bethesda has plunged from slightly-terrifying and unnaturally stiff character faces straight into the uncanny valley, not that I'm complaining
-I spent over an hour making my character
-DOGMEAT IS SO CUTE OH MY GOD
-BUT I SPEND A LOT OF TIME LOOKING AFTER HIM/KEEPING HIM FROM DYING, IT'S JUST LIKE HAVING A REAL DOG
-I have over 40 hours in my current FO3 playthrough without seeing a deathclaw, in FO4 I fought one within like an hour
-My reaction to fighting a FO4 deathclaw: IT'S A BABEH FAHKEN DINOSAUH MAN, HOLYYYY SHIT, THAT THING IS BIG JAY! OH MY GAWD, WHAT THE FAHK IS THAT BRO?!
-The soundtrack is so atmospheric
-But tfw the "you are about to be murdered to death by a radioactive terror" music kicks up....
-The wasteland is so colorful now
-Not even gonna lie, Piper is kinda hot man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chocofreak13

you can romance herrrr~

(you'll LOVE Curie, though.)

why fuss over Dogmeat? your companions don't die...
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

i didn't know whether or not to post this here or in Computer/OS, but duuuuuude. :000

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/a-modder-got-windows-95-to-run-on-a-new-nintendo-3ds
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

saw that on youtube, and i was pretty impressed. i remember a time when people were barely struggling to run windows 3.1 on the original ds :0
sometimes i wish i didn't give my 3ds away, but imo it had a lot of deal-breaking problems for me

Exa

And thinking about this, a few years ago, I was laughing about a cheap bootleg imitation Windows 98 for NES where nothing worked, and now we have this.

Nichi

@Kari: I was kinda sad to research that and learn it only works on New 3DS; for whatever reason, the emulator used won't work on an old-model 3DS like mine.
(I was looking forward to having Chip's Challenge on my 3DS, alongside Donkey Kong Country Returns)

You know...I intended to do another part of Penti Tries Super Famicom, but I also expected to have 2k back up by now, which would make this easier (As my emulator of choice is kinda heavy). I have every intent on continuing it, but for now, I suppose it's temporarily on hold -w-;

Chocofreak13

tbh it means you'd need a seperate DS entirely since i doubt you could go back from doing that. :0

looking forward to more Famicom, whenever it comes. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, learning that this is coming out next month, I almost want to upgrade...although I suppose I'm a touch let down that the battery life of the New 3DS isn't even that big of a jump from my current one, unless I go for an XL, which means no Pokemon face plates (Also, the blue XL is Japan only) :\

Remilia

I accidentally got addicted to Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX. I spotted it on my friend's wishlist, then I found the demo version of the game on Nintendo eShop... I've spent so many hours playing it in the past two weeks. Today I ordered it at my local game store, which means that soon I'll be playing the full version 24/7. Send help please, this could ruin my career as a pokemon trainer.

Pitkin

Been playing this again after a little while. ^^

Nichi

@Remilia: I didn't know you played Pokemon. I've recently gotten back to playing Pokemon X, after leaving it hanging for about a year ^^;

Bella

I've been plodding away on the main plotline / quest chain in FO4, it took me (and Piper, because I'm too much of a pussy to travel alone) to the Glowing Sea, which is by far the most unnerving place I've encountered in the game so far. Within like 5 minutes of wandering around I'd already encountered a pool of radioactive waste filled with writing feral ghouls, then we got into a fight with two deathclaws, later on I saw three radscorpions fighting a deathclaw (the bae and I turned around and went the opposite direction because I wasn't getting involved with that) and - shock of shocks - ANOTHER deathclaw, basically the Glowing Sea is just a clusterfuck of unrelenting horrors, 0/10 do not recommend traveling to. 

Later on I maxed out my affinity with Piper (I guess murdering radioactive horrors is a turn on), put on my highest chr clothing (a nice dress and newsboy cap, because ladies fucking love nice hats), chugged a bottle of beer and made my move, somehow managed to be successful on a high-difficulty charisma check and successfully romance her.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nichi

Nice

Also, whenever I hear about Deathclaws, I think about the mod that turns them into Macho Man Randy Savage xD

Remilia

FO4 sounds so awesome. I will forever remember mother deathclaw from the first Fallout, she killed me like hundred times before I managed to take her down. >.<

Quote from: Penti-chan on January 13, 2016, 01:02:01 PM
@Remilia: I didn't know you played Pokemon. I've recently gotten back to playing Pokemon X, after leaving it hanging for about a year ^^;

I've been playing Pokemon since... 1998, I guess? I was sort of inactive player for few years, I finished Black version a year ago (omg lol what) and then bought Black 2, X and Omega Ruby. I still have some catching up to do. ^^'