December 13, 2019, 01:36:34 am

Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 05:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

the only game i've been into recently is Wazhack cause i don't want to sink the time into anything else. feels kinda sad. :\

Penti-chan

I know that feel. I really need to finish Persona 3, but I don't have room to hook up my PS2 right now, and my main sink has been PSO (I forgot how good some of these offline quests are...although, TBH, the ones where you have to fight other hunters instead of monsters tend to suck, due to the way the hit detection works for PVP)

alfonso_rd_30

still on the goddamned wartune: now with 97% more kids and rejects of DOTA/LOL

Chocofreak13

@pent: i'm thinking i should get more Steam games, or find a way to make AC interesting again. :\

Penti-chan

August 10, 2015, 11:39:16 am #1384 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:42:52 am by Penti-chan
Get Chip's Challenge. You can get 1 and 2 in a bundle on Steam for $5 (The same price as buying 2 by itself, strangely enough) :3

EDIT: So, on a quest on PSO I do not remember from the Dreamcast version, and was likely one introduced for Gamecube\Xbox...and for the love of Alis, why did Sonic Team decide a quest with a stealth section was a good idea? Maybe if they changed to an overhead camera angle like what Metal Gear Solid used, or you had a free-moving camera like in .hack, it wouldn't be quite as bad.

EDIT2: That quest, while it was very long and had a lot of frustrating parts (Likely due to the fact they expect you to be at least level 50 or so, based on the levels of my party members, and I was level 23), it does have a surprisingly emotional ending, even if you barely get to know the character in question. Also, the story in this quest is presented with traditional cut-scenes, with the same in-game graphics and text-only dialog; which gives it a feel almost like an older RPG (I wouldn't quite say like Phantasy Star IV, which used comic book style cut-scenes for major story stuff, but more like Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger)

Bella

This glitch is legitimately scarier than any creature I've run across so far.

Penti-chan

What the fuck is that!?

So, since I plan to ship my Cube in with my Wah U when I move, and my Genesis will be going into storage, I've decided now is the time to take a break from PSO and actually finish Phantasy Star IV. Maybe I can finish it in about 2 months?

alfonso_rd_30

Spider-man on drugs?

Bella

Started playing Portal Stories: Mel today.

It's a little early to tell where the story is going, but overall it looks well-designed for a fan-made game, the graphics/art direction fits well with Portal canon, the puzzle mechanics seem about on par with Portal 2 (though I've heard people complain they get hard as the game progresses - we'll see if this is a bad thing since I thought the mechanics were too easy in Portal 2), and overall seems to capture the feeling of enormous, vertigo-inspiring scale that I loved so much in Portal & Portal 2.

Bonus points for finding a VA who can do a decent JK Simmons-as-Cave Johnson impersonation.

LeaflameSD

used to play this all the time before my iphone 5c got stolen
-insert racial slur here-

Penti-chan

@Bella: I saw something mentioning that game on the Vinesauce forums last night. I might have to look more into it *w*

Since (hopefully) I'm going to move out in a few months, I've made the decision to try and beat Phantasy Star IV before then...but, as I learned, I'm not near as far into the game as I previously thought ^^;
[spoiler=Phantasy Star Offline 4: End of the Generations of C.A.R.D. Revolution & Knuckles]First off, I've only fought Dark Force (Better known as Dark Falz) once, and according to what I accidentally spoiled online (Although, I swear it was printed on the back of the box), you fight it 3 different times during the course of the story. However, I am close to the second one...although, by my own stupidity last night (I personally blame the influence of that margarita I was drinking), I didn't save immediately after the fight with Lashiec, and decided "I'm going to get myself to directly in front of the next dungeon, and then save"...and promptly got killed on the way.

So, going to attempt that again tonight; hoping I can pull that off a second time...and then make sure to save before I do anything else -w-;;;
The moral of the story is: don't drink and drive the Ice-Digger in PS4, or if you do, please save your game first[/spoiler]

Chocofreak13

@leaf: used to see ads for that all the time. is it any good?
@pent: that thing bells posted is likely a human. was watching Steve play in the past week and a dead bandit went flying off, team rocket style, due to a glitch.

my sister gave me her login details for Origin and so i downloaded The Sims 4 and a childhood favourite, Theme Hospital. that was yesterday and i'd estimate i've already played TH for close to 10 hours. i forgot how fun this game was, and the dark humour is only funnier now since i can actually get it now...

Penti-chan

Nice :3

I got past the aforementioned fight on PS4. Going to attempt to take a stab at the next area sometime tomorrow; likely after work

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 20, 2015, 10:45:31 pm
@leaf: used to see ads for that all the time. is it any good?

it's alright. i feel the story is shoehorned in some places, but if you start playing for a bit you'll get hooked. you can join guilds and there's pvp and stuff like that

Pitkin

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 20, 2015, 10:45:31 pm
Theme Hospital

Brilliant! That's one game that only got better with time.