Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Thanks for reminding me I have to finish Half-Life. -w-;

...and Kairo too, dammit. I got stuck on a difficult puzzle (LIKE THE FIRST ONE OF THE WHOLE DAMN GAME), said "screw it" and got distracted by other things... >>;;

Nichi

No problem. I actually looked and the last time I played HL2 was this time back in 2011 ^^;;

SoldierSpence

While CP is a fun and great game on its own marrets (I got the Platinum Trophy. Can you really blame me?), I've decided to pick Just Cause 2 back up and finish going after all of the Trophies.

I hope your ready!

Nichi

Cool :3
Only games I've obtained every achievement on are the 360 versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie ^^;

So, just 3 chapters away from finishing HL2 -w-
EDIT: Beat it not long ago. IDK when I'll get around to the next one (Half-Life 2: Episode One...which I still think sounds more like a retroactive subtitle for the first HL2, when it's actually the continuation of that game :\ )

Cockleshell

ALMOST beat Perfect Cherry Blossom on hard. Fuck!!! I've already beaten PCB and IN on normal. MoF eludes me. Fucking Aya and her walling cards. Tewi, too. She's the one that always gets me on IN hardmode.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

stewartsage

I've completed like 55% of TF2 achievements.  Just in normal gameplay, I don't really achievement hunt.

Nichi

I have maybe 1 achievement on TF2 ^^;

So, I decided to start playing Half-Life 2: Episode One. Playing it on a higher difficulty this time around, because I felt like it. So far, so good

Bella

Last time I played TF2 I ended up having Sniper-Pyro adventures. An enemy Sniper tried to shoot me when I accidentally fell into the underwater bit in Freight and I ended up axing them with the Third Degree. And a little while later this guy playing Sniper on my team complemented my awesome googles/glasses/lenses/whatever and told me to light up his Huntsman and we got someone with a flaming arrow!

I also managed to play a round on Upward as Engineer without having my sentry destroyed ... and we managed to hold BLU off and win despite them reaching all the way to the final terminus.

Cockleshell

i should really play tf2 with you all~
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

@Cockle: Yes. Right now I'm mostly playing bots offline while I get the hang of it, but I might try jumping online sometime for a game

Also, if I bring 2k up to grandma's office sometime, I want to team up with someone for Portal 2 co-op -w-

stewartsage

I've Portalled before.  My friend's room mates were shouting at each other in the background over the noise of chickens clucking.

He goes to San Diego State.

Nichi

xD
Sounds like a good time -w-

So, just beat the confusingly-named Half-Life 2: Episode One. To be honest, since I recently found out it was supposed to be titled "Half-Life 2: Aftermath", I wonder why they didn't just call it "Half-Life 2: Aftermath - Episode One"; as dropping the subtitle makes it sounds like an alternate title for the first HL2. But, that aside, the game was alright; way shorter than I anticipated, which made it feel a bit underwhelming, but it was a pretty good game.

Maybe later, I'll start on Episode Two...although I kinda don't want to dive into it ASAP, when it's the last in the series; given how Valve can't count to 3, so I might replay the Portal series or get back to practicing TF2

Bella

Quote from: Cockleshell on May 11, 2014, 01:55:14 PM
i should really play tf2 with you all~

Yes, we should. ^.^

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 11, 2014, 04:31:58 PMAlso, if I bring 2k up to grandma's office sometime, I want to team up with someone for Portal 2 co-op -w-

I'll volunteer~~ I've been meaning to try the co-op mode anyway!

Cockleshell

Touhou 14.3 Impossible Spell Card is really frustrating but actually is a lot more fun than like Fairy Wars or Double Dealing Character. I don't know. I guess it's my tendency to like things that are incredibly repetitive: like repeating a card over and over without having to play the stage to get to it. Whoo.

Nichi

Random question, for the people who use Steam. What are the 3 games you've spent the most time playing, and how long?

For me, they are currently:

- Portal (23 hours)
- Half-Life 2 (18 hours)
- Half-Life (13 hours)