Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

There was some Let's Play of Animal Crossing I heard about; where a guy made his own story around the game (Something about there being a dark side to the town underneath its happy, cheery cover). I'll try to find it again

Chocofreak13

do it do it do it. >:3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

sometimes you just gotta show em the light, mate.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I'm a hundred percent sure I've explained the name before.

Better view

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Sue me
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

Great game, lots of fun.

Have fun! I downloaded mine though cuz I wanted it on release.

Bella

@Nej: Sweeeeeeet.

@Stew: Probably mentioned it before but that's one badass Heavy. :o

Nichi

I need to get back to X, honestly -w-;;

So, two games I've been playing lately:

- Portal 2 (PC)
Besides the co-op maps with Bella, I've also played a few community maps on it. So far, Ms. Wheatley was confusing as hell (I got stumped on a bit where I needed to get a cube onto a button and then quickly get onto a rising platform to fling myself over to the portal gun. I couldn't pull it off; either I don't get to the platform quick enough, or the cube overshoots the button and ends up on the floor), Bigger From The Inside was a really neat one-shot (Aside from the main gimmick of the room you go into being bigger on the inside, the puzzle had a decent difficulty to it), and the first 2 episodes of Cosmogony are amazing (It's such a polished experience that it feels like something Valve would have created themselves. Honestly, if you try out any community maps, try out the first episode of this one).

- Disney's 102 Dalmatians: Puppies To The Rescue (Dreamcast)
Laugh all you want, but this game is surprisingly good. It has its share of problems (The camera is a little wonky at points, the voice acting can be a bit annoying, and the game has a tendency to treat you like a moron by giving "hints" in the form of outright telling you what to do), but it manages to be a fairly solid Spyro clone. If you have a Dreamcast and find this for less than $5, I'd suggest checking it out. I mean, where else can you play as a dog that can spin dash like Sonic and FUS RO DAH with its bark?

EDIT: I found that Let's Play of Animal Crossing I mentioned earlier

EDIT2: I beat 102 Dalmatians. I'll be honest, the game does get very tiresome at around the half-way mark, but the final boss was honestly one of the most fun moments of the game; that was like a reward for how tedious the game became toward the end. Also, I found that muting the game's soundtrack and supplying your own music does improve the game somewhat; as I found that the Theme of E-102 Gamma from Sonic Adventure fit the final stage quite well, and oddly enough, the length of the credits is just right for you to listen to Still Alive and have it sync up.

stewartsage

Nichi

Best game ever -w-
(Also, is that a Femscout I see? :3)

Bella

stewartsage

I've said before, two of my TF2 mods are the Fem!Scout model and DustOldRoses voice pak.

Nichi

Cool :3
(I need to find some mods. I want one that replaces the Sentry with the Aperture Science Turret)