Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Pit: You didn't like Portal? :[

On a similar note, if there's one I want removed, it'd be Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures. Played it through once, have zero desire to ever play it again; that game simply sucked. I made a post in this topic months back, going over my thoughts on it after I beat it :\

Krizonar

While not really the same as removed, I thought when I preordered Skyrim I was preordering for console, then when I got there, they handed me a Steam card and were out of console versions. It's literally the only windows game I have, so I have not played it since I beat it. It's not worth it to have an entire partition and require a reboot to play one already completed single-player-only game.
It was fun when it came out, but it would have been just as fun on a console and I'd still be able to mess around with it easily. I've always been disappointed they thought I meant computer Skyrim.

Nichi

Like me with Portal 2. I love that game, but I wish I had just preordered it through Steam instead of Gamestop; as I had a gigantic day 1 patch as soon as I got home with it, that I may as well just download the entire game from Steam in one go :\

Pitkin

Pentium, the idea of Portal is very interesting, but I didn't really enjoy its mechanics, story or puzzles up to when I stopped. In general, there are very few games in the first-person view that I like: I hate coordinating jumps, among other things. ^^;

I'm more of a Democracy-Tropico-Arcanum player. *nod*

Nichi

Ahh. Truth be told, I'm not crazy about first-person games; there are some I do like (For example, the Elder Scrolls series, Doom, Goldeneye, and most things Valve has released), but I don't really go out of my way for the genre.

Truth be told, I've never tried anything like Tropico; I know my bro-in-law loves SimCity, which I heard is similar :3

Pitkin

I traditionally love all SimCity games since the very first one I had on Amiga, but couldn't touch the most recent one due to its DRM.

Tropico 3 I really love for its political humour and music, but the 4th game was a let-down. They're about to release the 5th game this month, but knowing it's going to have again ~20 minuscule DLCs to for some dollars each is putting me off.

Nichi

Yeah. I miss the days when DLC was actually just an extra and didn't feel like it was absolutely required to properly play the game :\

These days, instead of feeling more like a nice bonus, it feels more like "you bought this football game for $60, and now you need to pay an additional $2.50 to have us inflate the ball so you can actually play, plus $15 to have goals, an additional $20 so you can actually control your character..."

Bella

@Pit: That's too bad; I was curious to hear what your take would be on the gender and relationship dynamics of Portal 2, if you got that far. I suppose there's no substitution for personal tastes, though. ^^;

Nichi

@Bella: I have 2k setup at grandma's office, so after I get off work and if you're around, want to attempt co-op on Portal 2? :3

Bella

stewartsage

I don't own nor desire the ownership of any Half-Life game.  Full of consequences or not.

Nichi

Bella and I just did Portal 2 co-op. Went surprisingly well; nothing like when Game Grumps did it ^^;;

Finished the first 2 sets of chambers; will likely tackle more at a later date :3

Bella

That was a lot of fun and not at all as frustrating as I imagined it'd be. Thanks for being so patient with my occasional lack of coordination (and occasionally accidentally killing you). ^^;

Also HECK YEAH OLD APERTURE FACILITIES ... it's less spooky there with someone else, haha.

Nichi

It's alright; we actually did screw up less than I anticipated ^^;;

Also, indeed -w-
(But could have benefited from more Cave Johnson)

EDIT: Just finished Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Now, aside from the expansions for the first game (Blue Shift and Opposing Force; currently playing the former), both of which are up for debate on if they're actually canon to the story, I now wait for Half-Life 3...which will likely be released alongside Diddy Kong Racing 2 and a new Guns 'N' Roses album.

Cockleshell

ah yes, the eternal wait for HL3.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.