Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cockleshell

I used to play EVE obsessively back in the day. It's been about a year and a half since I've properly played it, mostly due to me starting my junior year of highschool. It's a pretty involved subscription-based game, but it is definitely NOT pay to win. It's work to win. There's absolutely no point in me even trying to explain the mechanics of EVE to you, no offense, it's really beyond any capability of brief description. You'd have to start the trial yourself and see for yourself.

My best description is: Buy a ship, get blown up, make money, cry yourself to sleep, learn how to math.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Krizonar

Nichi

That might have been the MMO my boss at Gamestop was talking about. Someone he knew ran an in-game bank for people...but then once day he decided "fuck it"; he used the money to buy the most powerful ship avaliuable, fly out to the edge of the galaxy, and announce to his clients "Want your money back? Come and get it"

Cockleshell

Most probably. That sounds exactly like EVE.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

SoldierSpence

Wow...

Words cannot describe how much of an a-hole move that was.

I hope your ready!

DustiiWolf

I haven't played any games in a bit.... i really need to check my ACNL town. Probably a ghost town by now.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Cockleshell

Christ, the devaluation of a capped ship in EVE is astounding. I'm sure a lot of salvagers had a field day.

EVE's launcher doesn't fuck around..

NejinOniwa

Speaking of EVE: Who Roberts Space Industries here?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

DAT Final Fantasy XIV Client and attempting to play over wifi

DAT feel when finally unlocking every career mode race in Gran Turismo 6

DAT feel when writing game reviews for gaming community website I co-own and I have no idea if anyone is reading them

DAT feel when backing Project Phoenix and get to play the Beta

Chocofreak13

can we write about non-video games here

cause if so, we're playing Rogue Trader. and D&D tomorrow.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

*is jelly of the D&D*
What edition?

Chocofreak13

3.5, most likely. it's the 40th anniversary of Dungeons and Dragons tomorrow, and we wanted to do something to celebrate. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Cool :3

My bro-in-law wants to get the 4th edition core books and get a campaign going with some of our coworkers; after doing some research into it vs. 2nd edition (Which I have the books in hand for)

Chocofreak13

tbh i'd vote you torrent the books for 3.5, but if someone already has the 4.0 books, that works too.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

He said he found a 4.0 starter set on Amazon for like $30 or so (Not sure what all is included, though), and he wants to try that.