Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Yesterday I endured a bunch of classic-game hipsters whining about how Nintendo had "sold out" by buying into the "casual gaming" market.

I nearly asked if Nintendo had ever NOT been oriented toward "casual gamers", but I didn't want to ignite an IRL flame war. (Not that I care or have a horse in this race; the Wii looks fun, the 3DS looks fun, but I don't know how much use I would get out of either console.)

Chocofreak13

*has a powerful urge to play my Gameboy Colour on the subway when i eventually get re-enrolled in school*
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: Do it -w-

@Bella: To be honest, a lot of those complaints go back ages and ages. While I do see the general argument about games being easier, that's a general trend all across the board and not exclusive to Nintendo. Granted, some fail to realize some older games are hard for all the wrong reasons; as often illustrated by the Angry Video Game Nerd and other classic game reviewers.

Chocofreak13

i shall. >:3

also, in the end there will always be people complaining about different aspects of different things. for video games, we have hipsters who abhor the current video game market as being "too easy"/"too mainstream", frat boys who claim if you don't play xbox and halo you're not a "real" gamer (or alternatively, gamecube with natty ice you're not a "real" bro), and sweaty guys in basements who claim that there's no such thing as a "girl gamer". >>;

let us all be thankful that despite these voices being loud and annoying, that hasn't stopped either the players or the companies from tuning them out as they play, thanks in large part to a kickass sound track from the Atlus Sound Team. -w-
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

My freshman year we had an XBOX 360, N64, PS3, PS2, and SNES all set up on the desk with our TV.  Unfortunately only three systems at a time could be hooked up.

LeaflameSD

I'm 14 years old, Kari :L

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

LeaflameSD

@Choco: Then stop mentioning it all the time, I get it.

Chocofreak13

not trying to be rude about it! it's just, you were SIX when the DS came out??? when i was 6 i was playing original game boy and N64!! ;-;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I wasn't angry or anything like that.

Wowowowowowowowowow
You owned a Nintendo 8x8? Coolio. I've always wanted one, but they're bitching expensivee.

Chocofreak13

tee hee, it was the neighbor's. my sister was best friends with jocelyn before she moved, and jocelyn lent my sister her game boy and pokemon blue. it was the first video game i ever played, at age 5. :3

the oldest console i own is my Nintendo 64, which is actually the same one i played on when i was 6 and 7. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Oldest system I own as far as when it came out is my NES, followed by my Sega Master System. Oldest I own as far as when I personally obtained it is my Nintendo 64 (This weekend is the 16th anniversary of when mom bought it for me. Might have to play some Diddy Kong Racing this weekend >:3)

LeaflameSD

I used to own a Mega Drive, with a shitload of games, but mice came and chewed up all the wires. Now it's gone *cricricri*

The oldest system I own is a Sega Master System, and that one has Sonic the Hedgehog built on.

Nichi

Coool :3

The only game I have built into my Master System is some weird 3D game you can't play without the very rare 3D Goggles. It doesn't even have Snail Maze; which is usually hidden on every system