Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

XCOM:EU is not only a really good game, it's also disturbingly appropriate today
Especially considering the canon of XCOM 2
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Goujer (she/her)

Dr. Kraus

Because my temp position ended at my previous job recently I've turned to fixing up/modding old systems and re-selling them on ebay for a small profit.
If anyone is interested in having anything done to their consoles feel free to e-mail me: krauschandler(at)gmail.com because I'll notice that first.
The way I work is you pay for whatever parts and shipping and then I'll add on $10 - $20 for labor depending on the job.
Here is a list of services I can do:

==I will do any LED power color mod for free along side another service if you would like!==

Sega Dreamcast
*The entire system must be sent for service
^Only controller board must be sent for service
#Only Dreamcast shell must be sent for service
If you just want to send the whole system in so you don't have to take it apart, that is fine but the shipping will be higher!

LED power color mod(Red,Purple,Green,Blue,White): $6+shipping^
Clock battery replacement: $16+shipping^(Just a standard battery replacement) or $20+shipping^(battery holder installed so you never have to unsolder & solder batterys again!)
Controller fuse replacement: $16+shipping^
Power supply replacement/region switch: $20+shipping* --I will switch out the power board for American standard in PAL systems & switch PAL into American systems for anyone over the pond--
De-yellowing or paintjob: $20+shipping#
General system cleaning & GDRom Drive maintenance: $10+shipping*

Sega Genesis/MegaDrive & Saturn:
The entire system will need to be shipped in for any service

LED power color mod: $6+shipping
General System maintenance & cleaning: $10+shipping

Nintendo 64:
The entire system will need to be shipped in for any service
^ Only the controller is needed for this service

RGB upgrade service: $45+shipping (N64 consoles must be the early NS1XXXXX serial number) --This gives you RGB capabilities that the N64 wasn't originally equipped for! Allows for the use of RGB Scart cables to gain better video output!--
HDMI upgrade service: http://www.badassconsoles.com/nintendo-64/ --These guys are doing some of the best work for putting HDMI capabilities into N64's, they are pricey but their quality is top notch!--
LED power color mod(Red,Purple,Green,Blue,White): $6+shipping
Re-Paint(any color) or General Maintenance with cleaning: $20+shipping
Controller joystick replacement: $20+shipping^

Nintendo Wii:
The entire system must be shipped for service

Laser replacement: $18+shipping
DVD drive replacement: $30+shipping
Fan replacement: $15+shipping
General maintenance & cleaning: $20+shipping

Nintendo Gameboy/Gameboy Color/DS/DSLite/3DS:
Since its a handheld your going to have to ship it all in

Original Gameboy/GBPocket backlight mod: $25+shipping
Original Gameboy rechargable battery with mirco usb charge port mod: $50+shipping
GBC frontlight mod w/ LOCA: $30+shipping
GBC rechargeable battery with micro usb charge port mod: $50+shipping
DS micro usb charge port mod: $30+shipping
DSLite mini usb charge port mod: $25+shipping
DS/DSLite card reader slot replacement: $25+shipping
3DS card reader slot replacement: $35+shipping

Sony Playstation 1/2/3:
The entire system must be shipped for service
If your willing to open any of the systems up for stuff like laser replacement you would be better off just doing it yourself since its mostly dead simple if you take your time.

PS1 laser replacement: $25+shipping --Please note that this part must come from china so it will take time for it to arrive after the order is placed--
PS1 LED power color mod: $6+shipping
PS2 laser replacement: $20+shipping(Slim) or $40+shipping(Fat)
PS3(slim) laser replacement: $40+shipping
General maintenance: $20+shipping

Xbox(Original)/360:
You can ship me the individual components but that is up to you.

Xbox(Original) DVD laser replacement: $35+shipping
Xbox(Original) DVD drive replacement: $55+shipping
Xbox(Original) Aladdin XT Modchip install: $60+shipping
Xbox(Original) LED power color mod: $6+shipping
Xbox(Original) Paint: $30+shipping
360 Laser replacement: $25+shipping
360 Drive replacement: $40+shipping

Admins feel free to move this or remove this if you need to, cheers!

Nichi

If I had the money, I'd consider getting some mods.

So, after a mostly successful DK64 run, I decided to revisit Diddy Kong Racing...in a different way. You see, I generally play as Pipsy; whom is considered by speedrunners to be the worst character...and to be fair, her greatest weakness is anything involving the hovercraft, as she's so lightweight that she's fling around like a pinball, while she's respectable in the plane and is an absolute beast in the car with ludicrously tight handling. Thus, for a challenge, I decided to do a full playthrough of the game using what is generally considered a better character that isn't TT: Conker. In fact, I went as far as to have the initials of my save file be "BFD", as a nod to the game that Conker is perhaps more famous for, that I spoke of a few months back.

Given that I'm now outside the final race with Wizpig I've defeated Wizpig in the final race, I figured I'd share some thoughts. I'll be honest, I'm not too keen on how Conker handles in the car; it feels a bit too loose, and for some tracks (First race with Wizpig, Tricky the Triceratops, Greenwood Village, Star City), it was a task to not hit walls or fly off the track. Now, he's pretty good in the airplane, and as for the hovercraft, he's worlds better than Pipsy; some of the tracks that were a nightmare to survive as her, like Pirate Lagoon or the race against Bubbler, were nothing to Conker. Still, I managed to pull it off, and it felt pretty good; giving myself a slightly different challenge.

Which, what was it with Rare and "you have to race, but you also have to collect coins on the track" back then? Between DKR's Silver Coin Challenge and practically every race in DK64 (Collect 50 coins and come in first or this beetle will laugh at you with the most annoying voice ever), it felt like they had some sort of weird fetish for collecting coins while racing.

I do remember seeing people on GameFAQs complain about the bad framerate, and in replaying it, I did notice it felt a little choppy in some areas; for me, it's not unplayable, but it is noticeable in some of the more graphically-intensive areas (Wizpig's throne room, in the final race against him, being a notable example; with all the lasers and stuff flying around). It runs very smoothly in an emulator in my experience, though; I never did a full playthrough, but it always felt like it ran a little smoother than the real hardware...although, N64 emulation comes with its own host of problems to overcome, depending on your PC's specs, what emulator you choose, etc.

Also, as one last bit I want to bring up, I remember there was a rumor circulating online a couple years ago, about how Retro Studios (The team behind Donkey Kong Country Returns) was going to make a sequel to DKR...but it seemed to be nothing more than a rumor, sadly; given the quality of their work, I would have loved to see them make DKR2, as I feel they could have pulled off a worthy follow-up to one of the cornerstones of my childhood.

Chocofreak13

Steve bought Xenoverse and beat it within a week and a half. fun looking game, but i'm not into fighters too much so i wouldn't drop that much cash on it. (maybe $30, but i'm also not super-into the online stuff, unless it was a parallel quest with friends, but it feels like it would get old fast.) he was also doing a run on Fallout 4's Survival Mode, but if nothing else Bethesda didn't pull any punches with that one, and it was proving so frustrating that i think he's taking a minor break, occasionally going back and poking at it. he's been playing Windforged for the past few days instead.

i've been playing Pokemon Shuffle like it's going out of style, but they haven't released any updates recently, so i'm basically just eating up lives to get a shitload of coins. wonder if it caps at 99,999?

been thinking about playing Bully but idk if Bolly can handle it, she can barely handle all the tabs i have. of course, i have a SHITLOAD of tabs.....

if i don't do that, i've also been meaning to conquer my fears and finally play Fallout 4. :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

been playing final fantasy xii for the most part
this game is a beaut'
too bad xiv was considered fubar

also been playing sonic riders, which is an underrated-as-fuck racing game

Chocofreak13

To do work I was paid for today, or to play Fallout....
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I recently dusted off my Saturn and resumed playing Magic Knight Rayearth. I'm up to a boss fight, that I failed spectacularly on last time but didn't have time to try again before I had to go to work, so I think I'm going to try again in a bit

Nichi

I feel like double-posting, because I also feel like talking about a game...and that game is Mickey's Speedway USA, for the N64; a game far more enjoyable than the Disney racing game I had for Dreamcast at one point, due to it being built off of the same game engine as Diddy Kong Racing and this one doesn't have It's A Small World looping on the menus.

For a time, I considered this to be "Diddy Kong Racing Easytype"; given how, at least early into the game, the tracks are extra wide and simplistic compared to even the Dino Domain tracks from DKR...although that quickly changes as you progress through the cups; the later sets of tracks can go toe-to-toe with the hardest of DKR, with a special shout-out to the Colorado track, which serves as this game's Rainbow Road. I wouldn't necessarily say it's harder than DKR, but considering I have less experience with it (I played it a couple of times at my cousin's house ages ago, vs. owning a copy for 18 years), it feels that way.

One thing I did find disappointing with it is that it did not have an adventure mode; it does have a story, which is progressed via a Grand Prix mode ala Mario Kart, complete with difficulty selection (Amateur, Intermediate, and Professional  serving as stand-ins for Mario Kart's 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc). It does have mild elements of DKR, though; in order to unlock the final cup, Frantic Finale, you need to hunt through tracks in the 4 previous cups to find deviously hidden car parts to gain access (Basically, like the keys you need in DKR to access the T.T. Challenges). Otherwise, it feels pretty similar to DKR, but with a noticeable bump in the graphical department (The character models for Mickey and friends have impressive detail, and the game appears to run smoother than DKR as well...although there are only 6 racers on a track at a time vs. 8 ).

The game itself is honestly pretty legit, and if you enjoyed both Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing and want to play a game that mixes elements of both, check this one out. It's worth noting that there is also a Game Boy Color edition of the game, which plays like DKR's spiritual predecessor: RC Pro-Am, for the NES.

LeaflameSD

selling my 360 with a copy of final fantasy xiii
i'm surprised how little i played this, but i guess its a given considering the lifespan the console had

Bella

I hope you can get a good price for it. :C

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Bella on May 18, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
I hope you can get a good price for it. :C
maybe £50

Chocofreak13

The urge to play Fallout grows with each day. But I'd like to not die via ghoul-induced heart attack.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Meh, ghouls aren't /that/ bad.

Assaultrons and centaurs on the other hand........... bricks are shat every time.

Chocofreak13

Thankfully 4 doesn't have Centaurs. But it's more the startle factor, Ghouls and packs of Dogs rank high on that list. :\
click to make it bigger