Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

I would like a Wii Fit Trainer but I'm not going to try to get one unless Nintendo pushes more out. I think my next Amiibo will be a Peach.

In other news there is a game I found at agar.io it is a lot like the cell stage in spore. I maybe spent 3 hours yesterday at it.

Chocofreak13

seems Steve found a decent deal on some at Toys R Us, so he has a Mega Man and a Donkey Kong now. no word on names yet, i only found this out over the phone like, an hour ago. :0

i've been stealing Steve's computer a lot lately to play Don't Starve. the RoG content has given me a whole new set of challenges, making it even more addicting. this is, however, coming on the eve of RoG being added to DST, so i could just be gearing up. the parts are in and i've already paid in full, so my laptop should be fixed soon. -w-
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I should brush up on my Don't Starve if we're going to play together, I'll do it after I finish my lab report.

I wish you luck with your repairs.

Chocofreak13

laptop is fixed and my Steam games are back and installed. :3
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

Legojer and Chocofreak13's Don't Starve Together Results:
Deaths: 2
Penguins steal eggs.
Crock pot is love, crock pot is life.
Do not eat things that aren't food or you're inner demons will kill you.

Chocofreak13

yeahhhh....

and if we play again i REALLY want to equip the wormhole markers and the smart crock pot. it's annoying not knowing the results of what you're cooking before you cook. (wastes ingredients.)
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

True dat.
I was really looking forward to some of those mods.

Nichi

After months of trying to find one, Gamecube Controller Adapter get >:3
(Actually seeing one in-person, as well as Villager's recent restock in Japan, makes me feel like Nintendo is finally catching up to demand)

Chocofreak13

bah i need a fucking crossover cable
why are they so pricey ughhhhh

EDIT:
the best fucking thing ever

EDITEDIT: decided to play a solo round of DS. made damn good progress given i only started it a few hours ago. almost gave up on the save file when i couldn't find the beefalo midway through autumn (ended up farming pigs for poop to make a farm), but i'm glad i didn't. this is the most cohesive save file i've had to date; i've got a sweet-ass little camp, enough food to survive the winter (even if not comfortably), a place to sleep (and thus recover sanity), and i dealt with the spider problem next door, so my camp is safe (for now).

click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I found both Amiibo of Marth and Ike this morning. Stacked with the Gamecube controller adapter, I'm really feeling it; I think maybe it's likely I'll see Villager restocked soon (They already did in Japan, and I'm tempted to order one), or maybe I'll stumble onto Shulk, so the previous bit on "really feeling it" will make more sense -w-;

For the curious, my collection so far (in spoiler tag)
Amiibo: ShowHide
- Mario (Mayro - It's believed that he has a go-kart that can stop on a dime. No question)
- Peach (Pichi - Still want artwork of 2k-tan dressed like Peach LOL)
- Bowser (King Koopa - He doesn't want you to Do the Mario)
- Toon Link (Penti - Not to be confused with Mii Swordfighter Penti-chan)
- Samus (Ripley - Even if I haven't seen Alien yet -w-; )
- Donkey Kong (The Dong - It's Feature Length)
- Mega Man (Rockman - [air guitar])
- Toad (Battletoad - Do you have it?)
- Marth (The Legend - since this is the first one I've seen in person)
- Ike (Hurricane - after one that hit the state I'm in years back...although by the time it got to me, it had downgraded to "unnamed severe thunderstorm" -w-; )
- Ness* (undecided)
- Lucina* (undecided)
*awaiting shipment

Chocofreak13

Starrrbooooound

finally caved and played for awhile when i likely should have been doing something more constructive.

EDIT: oh, it's also worth noting that my old save file was erased when the game updated. pissed (as well as pissed about losing my nice coat), but cest la vie. also, that camp i mentioned in DS died horribly. i killed the save file since everything burned up in fire and i couldn't make it back to where i was camped without dying repeatedly.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :\

So, I did a thing tonight; having my 4 highest leveled Amiibo duke it out. For the curious, some highlights and the results:
Amiibo Fight Club results: ShowHide
Mayro vs. Penti vs. Pichi vs. Marth the Legend
3-stock

Round 1: Kongo Jungle N64
- Pichi is first to be defeated, but not before getting revenge on Marth for that Final Smash not long ago, by way of Golden Hammer
- Mayro kept all 3 lives until shortly after Pichi was defeated, by way of Penti deciding it was Hammer Time
- Marth was second to be defeated, thanks to Penti's clever use of the spike ball
- Penti quickly evened the playing field with a lucky use of the Galaga item, and nearly caught Mayro a second time with the same item, but as you should know, sneak attacks only work once
- Ultimately, Mayro won out in the end

Round 2: Temple
- Early in, a nicely executed Counter on Marth's part
- ...and he immediately goes to the lowest point of the stage and starts dancing, as you do
- Mayro and Marth seem to be more focused on each other right now; as the Legend wants to live up to his name and take down Supra Mayro
- Penti was first to be defeated
- Mayro went down next; leaving Pichi (1-stock) and Marth (2-stock)
- ...and Pichi is defeated almost immediately after; leaving Marth the Legend standing triumphent, and becoming my second level 50 Amiibo

Final round: Final Destination
- Marth is intent on keeping his title
- Marth breaks free from the bug item at the last possible second, saving himself from being knocked out
- Holy fuck; Marth took down Mayro, Pichi, and Penti with a single Final Smash
- Penti was first to be defeated; the playing field is equal between the 3 remaining fighters
- Marth took down Mayro and Pichi in one sweep, via Warp Star, ending the battle

WINNER: Marth the Legend
He's been here less than a week, and already he's living up to his name

Chocofreak13

hah! you never would have thought it compared to Nin's usual stock but Marth's a fucking beast! i'ma have to mention this to Steve. xD;

Starbound has claimed my soul send help
actually don't

it's really really fun .w.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Niiice :3

Eventually, I'm going to get back to Captain Toad. For now, SSB -w-;