Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

No official cartridge, due to being from a download service, but after it resurfaced, fans have taken to producing their own cartridges of it; much like indie games like Pier Solar or elaborate fan-made hacks like Sonic Megamix.

Also, I recently started playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth, for the PS Vita. I'm honestly amazed at how well crafted this is; it took what I thought was a decent RPG, if rough around the edges, and made into something that I'd say is genuinely good, while keeping the quirky charm of the series :3

Chocofreak13

cool to note. :3

i've only been here a week and my house is bigger than the town post office
it's bigger than Steve's (Mayor Red's) .__.;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Nichi

Nice -w-

So, I started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. You can blame Kari -w-;
(I am the mayor of Mac Anu)

Chocofreak13

I approve of that town name. now we just need to figure out a way for me to send you furniture and to visit each others' towns.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I'm just past the "Kicking Dad's Ass" chapter of my NuzlockeBaneposting Omega Ruby playthrough. So far, no casualties on my side. I have been crashing every battle with no survivors quite proficiently. My main team consists of:
THEFIRERISES, lv42 Blaziken (m) (manages to be both Fire/Fighting and a fire-fighter due to lack of water types)
In Charge, lv39 Electrode (successfully used to bully Flannery when she claimed she was in charge)
BringFriends, lv41 Altaria (m) (healtank with Roost and Natural Cure as well as a professional petty thief, thanks dexnav revealing items on wild pokes)
Masterplan, lv41 Roselia (m) (wants a shiny stone really bad; also stronk as fuck)
Wreckage, lv38 Linoone (f) (officially the best support ever, being both a professional HM slave with Strength/Surf/Cut/Rock Smash AND Pickup for free items everywhere - also not too shabby in fights somehow)

Honorable mentions go to No Survivors (30 Swellow) , Doctor Pavel (30 Mightyena, first poke caught) and Masketta Man (Dustox 31), who have been phased out (but remain in case someone on my party dies). Current training missions are Who are you? (Mawile at 27), This Plane (Skarmory at 36 and sort of in the team), TheMercenary (Tentacruel at 31) and Flightplan (Pelipper at 31, secondary HM slave in case something happens to Wreckage).

Currently extremely happy that my team is so damned overleveled, because otherwise I would've had people die to things they have no business dying to.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

kickin' dads and takin' items, i like it, mashtur.

Rhythm Tengoku Gold Bitches~
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

Help please can't stop playing Dragon's Dogma

Nichi

@Kari: Nice :3
@Lego: I've seen that game before, but don't know much about it. What's it like?

So, as I mentioned over in Topicless, I finally obtained an Amiibo of Lucina. The story in the spoiler tag
Amiibo Quest II: The Adventure of Link: ShowHide
It all began earlier this month, with the whole Gamestop preorder fiasco on April 2. I knew I wanted Lucina, having missed out on Marth months prior, and honestly expected Ness to be the first to sell out. However, Lucina was one of the first to sell out, but I managed to snag Ness amidst the chaos (I'm still a little paranoid over never receiving a confirmation e-mail, but if what I read on the Amiibo Reddit is anything to go by, I should be fine).

Thus began my quest. I missed out on Walmart preorders, as they went up while I was asleep, and was sold out by the time I got up, Target had only taken preorders for store exclusive Jigglypuff, Amazon was taking their time (Their UK division had already taken preorders, and was completely booked), PlayAsia seemed promising but I was hesitant to strike, and everyone else was sold out. Thus, I felt my only option was to pay $40+ to some scalper on eBay, or hope I manage to get lucky enough to find one on the shelf on launch day (Unlikely; given I've never seen Marth, Villager, etc. in person).

In a random eBay search yesterday, after work, I found a listing for a Lucina; an auction ending in less than a day, and sitting at $20. I watch it closely, and place my first bid right before I went to bed. Little did I know that this would turn into the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny; as the price would continue to rise as I continued to fight back. I intended to stop at $35, and if it went over that, to let it go...but in a moment of feeling like Laharl, I place my final maximum bid of $40; "if those bastards want it, they'll have to pay what I nearly did just a few days ago", I thought as I watched the timer run down, all while listening to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Eventually, the timer hit 0, as the song wrapped up. There was a delay on loading the page, having me nervous over the outcome, but lo and behold, I won at $37. Kinda expensive for something that should cost me $15 after sales tax, but given how Amiibo have been, and how rare it is to see anything other than the most mainstream of mainstream characters, like Mario, Link, Pikachu, etc. in-person, I feel justified -w-

Now, if only I can find Villager for a reasonable price...but, I suppose with the forthcoming Great Amiibo Raid, if I walk away with Expand Dong Donkey Kong, I'll be satisfied

Chocofreak13

@pent: Steve Ok'd the Dream Suite as the next Public Works Project in this copy of AC:NL, which is used to visit other peoples' towns. with that, i may be able to visit yours and mess with it.
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

Dragon's Dogma is an open world RPG that has an amazing plot that you actually have a lot of say in. While I'm mostly new to the genre I find it's hybrid classes (ex. Magic Archer, Mystic Knight) and large amount of unique skills very fun to mess around with.

There is also a pawn system that adds a NPC that follows you and can be best described as an Amiibo, they learn how to behave from you and will work to cover your weaknesses in battle.

If you get it get the Dark Arisen version it contains all the DLC and a whole other island for newgame plus and newgame plusplus.

stewartsage

I can't figure out how to make my router Port Forward shit or I'd run a little Minecraft server for my bro and I, maybe some other friends.

Thanks, Belkin.

Pent: Glad you got her!  Though more then double the price is pretty steep....

Nichi

@Stew: True that, but given how I've never seen the other two Fire Emblem Amiibo in person, I feel justified -w-;

Chocofreak13

i'm actually rather impressed by how hot the amiibo resale market is. of course, i'm never particularly thrilled with current gen vidya game stuff, so i suppose my sight is skewed here.

so who has Don't Starve Together.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Me too, actually; I never expected Amiibo to quite catch on like they have, given the very negative reactions to production models vs. the prototypes shown at E3 earlier that year (Link's Frozen Pillar of PeeTM being a frequent source of jokes), although I always planned to get at least one. I figured, given the mass hatedom, that "I can just walk into [store] and pick up Villager when I get my copy of SSB4"...but he was sold out, so I went for Mario (My second choice).

As for DST, I plan to buy that soon, assuming I don't find anything during my trip tomorrow; it's on sale on Steam until Friday :3