Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

Party Quest: Pinkie Pie Tested, Andrew W.K. Approved.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Maple Story is one of those things I always look at and am like 'maybe some other time'.  Mainly because TF2 and Planetside 2 are big gaping vacuums of time already.

Chocofreak13

i often feel that way about MMOs despite belonging to two or three
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. It's why I never got into WOW, haven't played PSO in years, and I haven't done much on Aura Kingdom even though it looks pretty cool; I already have MapleStory as my main timesink -w-;;

winduko

Definitely why I haven't played WoW in a while.

Nichi

I really need to step away from the Mapling so I can finish Persona 3 -w-;;
(Although P3 is hard to play when mom's home; rather not have her snooping :\ )

stewartsage

For me I've always had a lot of fun with TF2 despite the odd frustratingly un-fun session.  They've become less and less frequent over the years.  Most of the time it's as much fun to lose as win if there's a good match up between teams.

Speaking of losing as fun; has anyone else here every played Dwarf Fortress?

Nichi

Same here, as far as online games I've played. Sometimes MS can be frustrating (Jump quests. Sometimes if I'm patient enough, I can survive, while other times I say "fuck it" and forfeit the quest to go do something else), but generally I enjoy myself.

Also, never played Dwarf Fortress.

Also also, I have learned that the translator app I obtained for my phone doesn't work for translating dialog from games; no matter how clear of a picture I'm able to get of my 3DS' screen, it refuses to translate the text because it's "not clear enough" :\

Chocofreak13

that sucks balls, bro. ><

@stew: what's it about?

as some of you may know, i have a Steam. however, i've never had much urge to do anything with it. that is, until i saw Steve playing a particular game for it called Don't Starve.

it's a little like mein kraft, but with more of an emphasis on the RPG part than the creative part. add in the fact that it's all in Scrimshaw Style, and i am fucking sold.

it has a co-op mode called Don't Starve Together, which i plan to get when i can, but for the time being i'm content to watch. if any of you feel like picking it up, there's no limit to how many people can play together, meaning that we could theoretically have 10 of us playing the same session at once. :0

i'll post a let's play of it if anyone wants to see it in action.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Link? Sounds interesting :3

stewartsage

It's about Dwarfs and fortresses.

I thought about getting Don't Starve but then I didn't during the steam sale.

Chocofreak13

this video has a stupidly-long intro of 2 of the Buffalo Wizards just kind of dicking around, so if you want to skip all that and get to game stuff (characters and whatnot), skip ahead to about 3:26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RYsmaGSU5s

EDIT: it's been awhile since i've seen it, and it turns out they dick around for another 2 minutes, so if you want to fast-forward to actual gameplay start around 5:26.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Minx has some good Don't Starve Together gameplay as well.

Chocofreak13

good to know for others' reference.

i reeeeally want it, but i don't see myself getting it before my birthday. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :[

So, with the Attack on Titanic crossover with MapleStory going live tonight, and there also being the SAO one I sadly missed out on last year, I got to thinking: what other anime or game should MS have a crossover with?

TBH, I'd kill to see a crossover with .hack, but sadly, unless that franchise has a huge comeback, it seems highly unlikely due to the age of the series. Also, maybe Nexon America knows if they did this, the Windia server will likely crash due to being unable to handle Gardenia meeting Gardenia -w-;

Persona 4 might make for an interesting crossover; I mean, it's easily the most popular Shin Megami Tensei game to date, and as such, we all know how much Atlus is milking it, so I'm sure if Nexon was like "hey; let's do a crossover", they'd be all over it. To avoid it feeling like a retread of FriendStory, I'd say they should skip the school aspect of P4 and just have you enter the Midnight Channel and fight Shadows alongside the Investigation Team.