Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Tom Baker Scarf = autowin -w-

So, I recently revisited Scott Pilgrim: The Game...and actually managed to beat Gideon's second form without using the Sword of Love (Which I lost early into the fight. Even at level 16 with maxed out stats, it felt like an accomplishment to actually pull that off)

winduko

@Kari: Ah. I mentioned my server because it's one of the higher population RP servers, hence the really fucking long queue.

But yeah, it was ridiculous. The server I started out on when I was first playing in 2008 (Drenden) is practically a dead server, and it had a queue. Not a seven hour queue, but a queue nonetheless. As did my friend's server (The Underbog), which is actually dead.

Thankfully it's starting to get better. I heard there wasn't a queue on my server last night.

Chocofreak13

yeah, as updates pass the flow tends to even out. didn't this happen the last time there was a big update?

@pent: kickasssss. reminds me a bit of hearing about Jon (sis's friend) beat Skeith (.hack boss) at level 19, just barely. (of course, he was dumb, you were epic. =w=;; )

@stew: snaaaazzzzy.
click to make it bigger

winduko

Yes, but I don't recall it being as bad.

Probably because this is the first expansion (Blizzard's term for big update) that I can jump in from the start.

And so with the expansion before this one, all I wanted was to play the shiny new class, which I needed the expansion to play and didn't get for a week because I really wanted the physical copy.

The Collectors Edition of it, actually.

Nichi

Nice :3

So, since Gamestop is sold out of the controller adapter, I decided to order the Hori Battle Pad on Amazon; which gives me a Gamecube-like controller that can function as a Classic Controller Pro. Now, while I wait for the game (Still on the fence about going at midnight to get it), I play Brawl Project M, in Turbo Mode...which is like if Melee and Marvel vs. Capcom had a child (It's very fast-paced and intense >:3)

Nichi

Pardon the double-post, but I felt like showing off my custom characters for Smash Bros. on 3DS\Wii U:

- Penti-chan
This is yours truly, in Mii form. There's a certain charm about a character fighting while making the :3 face

- Dick Poop (in-game: Dirk Puup)
Named after Dick Poop; as featured in many of Joel's wresting game livestreams on Vinesauce. Remember: Nothing stops the rotation.

- Chie Satonaka
Based on the character of the same name, from Persona 4. The Carnivore Who's Discarded Womanhood enters the world of Nintendo -w-

- Generico
Created for the sake of having at least one character for each class, I created a rather goofy-looking generic male Mii; whom came to be known as the "other super fighting robot".

- The Mario
Based off a Mii I obtained off the old "Check Mii Out Channel" on the original Wii, he was transferred in and became...this, which looked alright on 3DS but I found myself laughing when I took a look at him on the Wii U. He honestly reminds me of the Burger King xD

- Weegee
He's the other Mii I obtained from the "Check Mii Out Channel" when it was still active. Honestly, the "sunglasses as mustache" trick looked fine on the Wii, but on Wii U it didn't translate very well; making him look strange (The Luigi cap covering his eyes was added just to make him that much more amusing -w-; )

- Waluigi
You can blame Duko for being the inspiration for making Waluigi into a playable character; as a result of the "Super Smash Waluigi for Wah U" pic she posted. You expected a normal Mii? Too bad; Waluigi time!

- Joel
Based on the guy that created Dick Poop, and one of my favorite people on Vinesauce. He's not too different from you or me.

- Kim Pine
Obviously, based on my favorite Scott Pilgrim character. Sadly, she can't sneeze a Hadouken in this game.

- Därk Pénti
Created partially to serve as a mirror universe counterpart to Penti-chan, and partially as a parody of Dark Pit. Her name has a random umlaut to make it more metal \m/

- Mayro
My Mario Amiibo; created as a tribute to my SSB64 days (Which I played a lot of Team Battle matches on Green Team, as Mario; resulting in the above color scheme), and with the name originating from
a fan-made knock-off of Mario Kart that Vinny played one time (Supra Mayro Kratt)

Chocofreak13

hahaha, love it! if you ever come here we have a rather fashionable mii we named Oxana that was sniped from the international Check Mii Out (her creator was somewhere in japan, i think). she'd translate well to Palutena's style, methinks, if that can be a thing.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

There's sadly only 3 styles to choose from: Brawler (Dick Poop), Gunner (Generico), and Swordsman (Penti-chan). I would have liked a greater variety, but it's good for what it is -w-

Chocofreak13

bah. well, if they ever update, Oxana is yours.
click to make it bigger

winduko

That Waluigi is badass. *nods*

In other news, I have decided to get The Sims 3. And the expansion packs.

It'll be a birthday present and a Christmas present.

As a result, I'm actually quite glad that I have a birthday close to Christmas.

As a result of it being a birthday present, I'll have it in just over a week.

Chocofreak13

yeeeeey~

enjoy the less-retardurdurdur AI that power the little humanoid death machines!
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Duko: Thanks :3
Also, nice; I've heard a lot of people say Sims 3 is better than 4

So, listening to the Kirby 64 soundtrack has lead to me thinking back on my history with the game.

I have a unique history with my copy of it, in that this is the copy I rented from Movie Gallery many years ago. I remember just before Christmas in 2002 I believe, I was given some money as a gift and caught wind that Movie Gallery was clearing out their rental N64 games in a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Sadly, I didn't have enough money to buy Paper Mario, and both Zeldas were long gone, but I was able to obtain Kirby 64...for free. My sister and I put our money together to get Pokemon Puzzle League and Bust-A-Move '99, and I managed to convince her to let me get Kirby as the free game...and amusingly, the only one of the games that did work was Kirby, so we returned the other two and got a refund, with the store either not noticing or not caring that we kept Kirby. (Although, we'd later obtain a working copy of Bust-A-Move, but that's another story)

As for the game itself, it's one of those games where I loved it so much I did nearly everything possible in it; finished the main story, obtained all 200 crystal shards, obtained all the Enemy Info cards, and played several of the minigames (Unlocking up to Hard mode on 100-Meter Hop and Bumpercrop Bump, and up to Expert on Checkerboard Chase; my favorite of the 3). Even revisiting it years later, it's still very much enjoyable :3

winduko

Quote from: PentiumMMX on December 03, 2014, 01:50:11 AM
Also, nice; I've heard a lot of people say Sims 3 is better than 4

I've seen comparisons between the two games, and I felt that Sims 3 is far better suited to my needs than it's sequel.

When I told my dad that I want to get the Sims 3 for my birthday, my brother asked why I didn't want 4. From the looks of it, the Sims 4 is a downgrade, and not worth the 50 bucks on Origin compared to the $20 for the Sima 3 and an expansion. I plan to spend about $60-80-100 on the expansions I feel that I want, though all of the expansions are about $200 if you get the maximum amount of expansion bundles, and $240 if you buy the game and the expansions without any bundling.

As you can tell, this gets expensive. I do not want all of the expansions either, which is good because my parents are not rich.

sks963

@winduko:Agree,the sim4 is a reject ,it even didn't have the swimming pool at the first edition
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

my sister has it, but only because she gets every sims product ever.

much like D&D, the sims seems to have tweaked one too many things in their "upgrade" to 4, an "upgrade" that technically wasn't really necessary. i suppose if they work out the bugs it won't be as bad; according to my sis they upgraded the AI and the facial motions. they also have done a lot with skin, eye, and hair tone, meaning the range is much more diverse than it was. you can also customize the decks, pools, etc now rather than working with set standards. they function the same way as walls and fences, where you click and drag.
click to make it bigger