Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Bella: I LOL'd -w-;
(Sounds like the connection I had on the airplane; it was good enough to check e-mail, go to FB \ OSC \ etc., but wasn't powerful enough for YouTube)

@Duko: I know the feeling. I often go through phases where I constantly think about one game because I'm playing it so much.

Still playing MMBN. Currently at the Power Plant network, often described as "that one level"...and upon seeing the gimmick this level has, I can see why. You're exploring a network in order to restore power to the building you're in, and as a result of the power being out, you have a timer of sorts in the form of your PET's battery; if the battery runs out, you're dead. Add on the fact you have to navigate your way through the network, while still fending off viruses and solving a series of puzzles, and you understand why so many fans hate this part. I'm going to try and push through this area in just a bit; being careful to constantly save just in case something goes wrong

EDIT: Actually, that bit wasn't quite as bad as I anticipated; I managed to make it through, only having issue with the boss fight at the end. Now, I'm just exploring the net, collecting upgrades, before I move on with the story

Chocofreak13

@bells: it's more about budget. typically, a college will pay a flat rate for internet per year and then hook a lan connection up to every dorm room via ethernet cable. sadly, during exams (or the dog days of winter), basically EVERYONE spends their time online......while at home, this may mean anywhere from 2-5 or so people, when you have about 200-300 students per dorm.....

typically, those who can afford it or value their time/sanity pay for private connections. s'what my friend mel and he roommate sarah did, with the help of mel's parents. bonus points since mel got to take the clear (the internet provider/router) with her when she went up to her grandparents' in maine. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

>looks up info on characters in new Smash Bros
>Dr. Mario is back
Dr. Mario is back

[fangirling intensifies]

Chocofreak13

i don't know how that works but i dig it. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Dr. Mario was my main on Melee, and I was pissed off that they not only removed him in Brawl but also ruined normal Mario's moveset. Now, at long last, the Doc is back in -w-

Chocofreak13

does he bludgeon people with a giant pill....?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

He fights like Mario, but swap the fireball special move for throwing pills -w-

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed LOL

I have my Wii U on layaway, so now I just get it paid off, and then wait for Smash Bros. -w-

Chocofreak13

have fun, man. report in on if it rocks or sucks. -w-;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I was a huge smash player back in the day, I am super ready!

Nichi

@Aurora: Thanks ^^
Also, good to know we have another Dr. Mario player among us *high-five*

So, last night I downloaded the demo of the 3DS version; which I received an advance code for via Club Nintendo. Compared to the public demo that comes out next week, which only allows you to load it up 30 times before it locks you out, the Club Nintendo edition of the demo allows you to play as many times as you want, and you can do local multiplayer with friends that also have the demo. You're offered a selection of 5 playable characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Animal Crossing Villager, and Mega Man), with only one stage available (Battlefield; one of the more basic stages, and a mainstay of the series since the first game).

So far, I've played as Mario and Mega Man; really liking the latter so far, as his moveset consists of the various abilities of his from the series (Such as the Leaf Shield and Metal Blades from MM2, and I was surprised to see he has the Top Spin from MM3). Also, his final smash is amazing; if you catch your foes in the ball of energy you fire off, they get pulled inside...as the other variations of Mega Man from the various side-series (Featuring representation for X, Legends, Battle Network, and Star Force) join in for a massive attack. Besides the sheer awesomeness of seeing that attack, there was the fact that I was genuinely surprised to see Legends receive representation; given the fiasco surrounding Capcom's treatment of the unreleased 3rd game in the series...but that's beside the point. So far, this looks to be a game I will pick up when it comes out -w-

On a semi-related note, I did beat the first Mega Man Battle Network last night. Details in the spoiler, to separate this from the Smash Bros. talk:
Mega Man Battle Network (GBA): ShowHide
To be honest, it was definitely easier than the 3rd game (Which I had years ago, but never got to finish); only part I struggled with was during the very final part of the game, where the game locks out your save feature, leaving you to survive against 2 bosses, and any basic enemies you might encounter, in one shot. Thankfully, this game is more forgiving than its successors, in that your health is refilled between battles.

Now, I think I'll continue my quest through the series with the second. I've heard a lot of good things about that one, but haven't played much of it. Only other one I've at least played a little of is 4; hated by fans, but I don't remember it being that bad...but I suppose I'll find out when I get that far

Chocofreak13

kickass, man, it sounds badass. i wish you could get footage, lol. xD

on an unrelated note, seems Arty is mildly interested in learning how to play Hanafuda. i am more than willing to oblige, so i think by sunday, i'll throw together a visual guide and try to teach her before D&D. ^^
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

REINSTALL ALL THE THINGS