Main Menu

PONIES!

Started by NejinOniwa, August 06, 2011, 06:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

my sentiments exactly. -__-;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. If they tried to replace her after she becomes a princess, it'll be like when Colonel O'Neill was promoted in Stargate SG-1 :\

Chocofreak13

the DA link i put in says it quite well. she (and us either for that matter) IS NOT PREPARED FOR IT. neither is the franchise, considering it's only their third season, and this is the type of show that can easily be milked for another 3-4 more. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. What I mentioned with SG-1 didn't happen until the show's 8th season, so MLP pulling something like this is far too early :\

alfonso_rd_30

then it's a good thing...

Nichi

If you hate MLP so much, why are you posting in this topic? :\

Chocofreak13

i wonder if they know how many people they're pissing off with stuff like this? either it's going to be nothing like what they've shown us, meaning they're trolling and will piss off half the fanbase, or it's serious, meaning that they'll piss off the OTHER half of the fanbase by uprooting the series so abruptly. sure, everyone will keep watching because the series has so much of a hold, but they can't keep pulling such trolly surprises forever. eventually people get pissed off enough that they just find something else. and considering MLP has the potential for so much more time/territory, eventually they will if the pattern continues. it's like being cheated on by a hot girl too much; eventually, you just decide that it's not even worth your time.

perhaps Faust plans to devote her time to helping McCracken out with his new show? but i doubt either would give up the cash cow so easily, even if Faust doesn't have as much involvement in it as she used to. :\

@alfonso: i agree with pent, why even come into this topic if you don't like it to at least some degree?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I'll still be watching, whatever they do.  Season 2's finale looked awful this far ahead but we were wrong about it as well.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 29, 2013, 10:14:55 PM
If you hate MLP so much, why are you posting in this topic? :\
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 29, 2013, 10:19:26 PM
@alfonso: i agree with pent, why even come into this topic if you don't like it to at least some degree?

there you got it wrong, I like MLP, that's why I think FIM is a baaad way to bring it baack, that and the fact that it's unsettling, to say the least the way some "grown ups obsess about it... other than that, the art style is nice..."

Chocofreak13

@stew: agreed, but it still pisses me off that they would use troll tactics like that. is it that hard to be straight with us?

@alfonso:the vast majority of people here would disagree with you. sorry to put you out in the cold but that was the whole idea behind this thread, the discussion of FiM. i'm unsure if any of us have even SEEN any generations besides 4. tbh, the most of the older series i've seen was the sea pony song and frankly it creeped me out. .__.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I used to watch the old G1 cartoon with my sister when I was really little. That's about it as far as pre-FIM goes

Simonorged

Okay the old stuff just looked creepy, at least the new show has more creativity poured into it.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

i'm not gonna bash either way. but personally, the more realistic style of the ponies is one i never cared for. and as i said before, creepy sea ponies.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on January 30, 2013, 04:28:33 AM
I'll still be watching, whatever they do.  Season 2's finale looked awful this far ahead but we were wrong about it as well.

Yeah, I keep thinking the same thing. I was absolutely not looking forward to the S2 finale and thought it was going to be a cheap "girls love big weddings and princesses and pink, so here's a big wedding for a pink princess" ploy, but then they went and made it all sinister and action-packed. Also, I was freaked about the implications of a third princess (because there's only supposed to be two, dammit! There was never any mention of others!) but what sort of bearing did Cadence have on the plot and the overall canon? The premier episode of S3 and introduction of the Crystal Kingdom, that's what. 

So already we're looking at a situation where 1) It may not even turn out the way the promotional material has been hinting and whatever happens, it may not even have a substantial impact on future episodes / season 4.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 30, 2013, 12:47:14 PM
@stew: agreed, but it still pisses me off that they would use troll tactics like that. is it that hard to be straight with us?

The thing that has me worried the most is that this, in all likelihood, ISN'T the decision of the MLP:FIM creative team but Hasbro marketing. So the writers / producers may not even like the idea of alicorn!Twilight (and certainly don't like pissing off a large portion of the fandom) but there's really nothing they can do - Hasbro gets final say in what happens. :/

On a lighter note: DAYUM LUNA YOU SPARKLY.

NejinOniwa

The only thing I'm sad about is that nobody really cares about spoilers anymore...

:/
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS