.....srsly? people are promising that?

president paul/obama forever~~
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 27, 2012, 05:51:30 PM
.....srsly? people are promising that?

president paul/obama forever~~

People aren't, Gingrich is.

Back onto topic: I've managed to somewhat tame the hair of my 3 G2(?) McDonald's Happy Meal MLP figurines. I should post pics of them, they're actually pretty cute.

Chocofreak13

are they still giving those out? cause i'm pretty sure you can buy the toys and i was gonna mention it to my sister.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Cool ^_^

My sister has a bunch of G1 ponies from when she was a kid, and a few G2 ones as well

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 27, 2012, 08:05:54 PM
are they still giving those out? cause i'm pretty sure you can buy the toys and i was gonna mention it to my sister.

No, I got these in 1998. I know they did a G4/MLP:FiM toy promo at McDonald's (and I actually really like those toys, they look very show-accurate) but that was awhile back and I'm sure now the only place you can find them is on ebay or collector sites for huge sums of moneyz. ._____.;

Chocofreak13

the older figures creep me out..... o__o

@bella: ah, lol. xD eh, i'm not about to go trolling ebay for this stuff. that's for you guys. xD
click to make it bigger

Bella

Dad insisted upon wrapping mah ponies up so I could have a gift to open with my nephew for our shared b-day party... the look of "Are you fucking kidding me?" on my brother's face when I opened them was priceless. Spent the next five minutes or so showing him Equestria Daily in an attempt to convince him that bronies actually exist.

But now I've liberated the little guys from their box and they're taking over my desk. ^^;

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 27, 2012, 08:10:00 PM
the older figures creep me out..... o__o

@bella: ah, lol. xD eh, i'm not about to go trolling ebay for this stuff. that's for you guys. xD

Actually, the early G2 figures aren't half bad ... they're probably my second-favorite from a design POV, right behind G4. This is what mine look like.

Also, since you asked before - looks like McDonalds is going to run an MLP Happy Meal promo again in March. Thinking of picking some up myself, if they look any good (the images in the EQD article are the first set of FiM promo toys).

NejinOniwa

McD's MLP promo just ended here. One of the many clanners who work at one and know my brony affiliation picked up a load of 'em for me. MOAR LOOT! =W=
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

How many/what kinds did you get? : o

And would you be willing to pass any Fluttershy/Twi/Cheerilee ones along? : p

Chocofreak13

any extra rarities? ;^;

also, lol, the promo starts the day before my birthday. xD maybe i can convince my friend colleen to get rarity for me. she works at the local McD's.

also, my sister crocheted something for her friend, who had a G1 pony. those ones were freaky. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Funny you should say that about G1 ponies; my sister finds the current gen ponies creepy (Although, she does like the show from what she's seen of it)

Chocofreak13

and she doesn't find the first gens creepy? .___.;;;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 29, 2012, 09:47:50 PM
Funny you should say that about G1 ponies; my sister finds the current gen ponies creepy (Although, she does like the show from what she's seen of it)

..............HOW?

For me, creepiness levels (from least to most creepy) goes G4<G2<G1<G3. At least G1 has the vintage/80s-camp thing going for it, while G3 is just plain ugly/creepy. : /

Chocofreak13

g3 has a japanese pony. i suddenly love them.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I guess it's the more cartoonish appearance of the G4 ponies, versus the more "realistic" look of the G1? Or, it could just be she's viewing it through nostalgia goggles

Come to think of it, it's likely the latter