Figurine/Plush collection thread~

Started by Acher13, July 04, 2011, 05:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Looking closer, I think my sister had that dress...not sure, as I've slept since then ^_^;;

Chocofreak13

i know it came from a barbie doll. but this one is faded and worn out.  :\

@acher: i forgot to mention, these are 1/6 scale. i couldn't afford them otherwise. ^^;

so i placed an order today for 2 more dolls, with shoes and hair. sadly i've asked volks to suspend my order for a few days because i need to get a bottle of the paint thinner (went to 2 craft stores today, and the only paint thinner that exists for paint there is for oil paint, which is likely not what i'm looking for).
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Acher13

HOLY!!! WOW CAPPY!! ITS BEEN A LONG TIME!! <sorry, caps tiem>
anyway all I see is frozen frog.. cirno not involved does she?

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

My friends have taken to calling me alice, on acount of me being a recluse tsundere artist with lots of dolls I treat like daughters. I figured getting the alice figure would be appropriate.  Im gonna cosplay Scarlet Symphony Alice  at Sakura Con this year too.

Bella

CaptBrenden

Heh yeah, those three are some of my all time favorite characters, and if you get a Haruhi fig you have to get her in bunny suit.

stewartsage

Hot damn that is a nice Alice/Shanghai/Hourai doll set.

I think I'd rather have a Nagato figurine.  Or your copy of Arma2 and Dawn of War II.

CaptBrenden

if I wasnt a cheapskate and didnt want to pay shipping Id give ARMAII to you. I got it, then steam had a sale on ARMA games that had the whole ARMAX collection for the cost of the retail version of british military compnay and PMC alone. Ive got that game on steam, the disc and theCD key for the retail version is pointless now.

Back to figure talk, that alice figure came with rubber bloomers that can be taken off, so you can decide if you want panties or bloomers. Also, the shanghais and hourais were extra. The same alice figure is offered with just the two attached to her skirt, and if you get de DX box it comes with the other 4.

Chocofreak13

@captian: dolls? are you referring to the figurines or to another type of doll?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Well, the Alice figure is tricked out with six figurines of her (Alice's) dolls (two types, Hourai in the red and Shanghai in the black/white).

I've got the free version of Arma, and Operation Flashpoint, but I keep meaning to actually get Combined Ops with the British pack (I plan to keep making due with Dawn of War: Winter Assault for the foreseeable future).

CaptBrenden

Speaking of dolls i wonder if I should post mine here or start a BJD thread

Yes, I am that kind of doll person.  Expensive 4-600 dollar dolls with outfits that cost more than my own clothes.

Chocofreak13

i knew it!! >:3 welcome back to the forum, fellow BJD enthusiast!

once my sewing machine's fixed, if you give me the sizes of your dolls (chest/waist/hips, arms/legs, etc), i'll make you some clothes for them. not as factory-looking as storebought, but i can make specific stuff w/o a giant price tag. (for example, all that excess brocade i have lying around in the basement? kimono for you. >w> )
click to make it bigger