Figurine/Plush collection thread~

Started by Acher13, July 04, 2011, 06:22:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

February 03, 2012, 04:38:12 am #180 Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:43:05 am by CaptBrenden
Alright, ive ordered some new toys/figures/dolls lately.

First.. I ordered all 5 magical girls from madoka as figmas. 3 of them are on pre order, but madoka and homura have already arrived 8D

Second.. I got this CRAZY doll/action figure for crazy nestolgia.

CRAZY detailed for something thats 12 inches tall. I carried every peice of gear in there, it breaks back soo many memories.

However, when i was looking at it, something didnt seem right to me..  It seemed familure in more then just the fact it had all my marine gear... then it occured to me. He is modeled to look like SSgt Naats from Battle LA.

Think im crazy?  Look at this one...

Looks like another well detailed doll of a US navy corpsman.. but look closer.

strange how much the medical guy looks like... dun dun dun..

Kinda wonder how they get by with using celeberty likenesses without any royalties...

Somehow Dr House just became infinitly more awesome.  He will drop into a combat zone and tell you its not lupis.

EDIT: I just noticed.. even Dr. House knows to keep his finger straight and off the trigger until he is ready to fire.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

military house is even more badass, since he refuses to complain about his leg, instead deciding to be a martyr. xDD

that said, both look awesome. ^^ though i imagine that  carrying all that stuff must have been heavy. :\

also, looking forward to the madoka figures. they sound cool. :3

(on a thread-related note, i was gonna keep this hidden till they were done, but i'm making some anime figurines of my characters. expect pics once they're done. >w< )

CaptBrenden

Actually, House used to be in the military, but then he took an arrow to the knee..

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

so the guy playing house is a ghost with an arrow in the knee?

CaptBrenden

you managed to miss out on the arrow to the knee meme? 

Bella

Quote from: CaptBrenden on February 03, 2012, 04:38:12 am
First.. I ordered all 5 magical girls from madoka as figmas. 3 of them are on pre order, but madoka and homura have already arrived 8D

So fukken jelly.

Those must've cost a ton, though? Don't Figmas run, like, $100USD a piece?

CaptBrenden

only if you dont know where to buy them.  places like Jlist charge many times what they are worth. Jlist lists them at 130 dollars, I paid approx 30. I just bought them from a japanese site and paid to get them imported myself. The expensive price tags are part websites over charging because its an import item, and its part that figmas tend to be limited in numbers so resellers buy them all up and sell them at a significant mark up. By pre ordering them before they are released i get them for retail.

Chocofreak13

impressive. :3

and no, i know what the arrow to the knee meme is. if you payed attention 2 weeks ago, you'd notice i used it to describe the actual knee injury i got. :\

CaptBrenden

ah I dont read every thread, sorry about that.

Chocofreak13

nah, it's cool. :3

any idea on when the figures are gonna come in? :3

CaptBrenden

ah, my marine doll/figure is going to come in monday/tommarow. the madoka figures arent due untill march/april :/ good smile company is netorious for delaying figures or being slow in their production i hear.

Chocofreak13

that sucks, but at least you're getting them. it'll be like a spring surprise. :3

Chocofreak13

July 14, 2012, 02:06:15 pm #193 Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:38:39 am by Chocofreak13

Chocofreak13

currently making christmas clothes for my dollfies. ^^