Figurine/Plush collection thread~

Started by Acher13, July 04, 2011, 05:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acher13

the santa costume I'm making is almost done.
there's only 2 days left before x'mas and I have to rush things up. finished the coat and hat, need to re-adjust the bag and the hard part is the dress..
I sure hope I have sewing machine right now, that could speed thing up.will post pic of it on x'mas day.

CaptBrenden

That would be wonderful. Do you have any?  Maybe we should start a BJD thread
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

me? i have 5. but they're 1/6 scale, so some people don't consider them "ball-jointed dolls" in some respects. as far as i'm concerned, they came from volks, and have 10 times the posing capability of a barbie and action figure combined, so to me they're BJDs. :3 the thread i joined on gaiaonline about BJDs doesn't give a damn  about their size, either. ^^

that said, i don't think we have enough people here to warrant the creation of a BJD specific thread. maybe it's just me, but there's you, me, acher?, and soon bella, so if you think that's enough, then make it and i'll post. :3

would you like some clothes? if you get me the sizes for your dolls i'll make you something. :3
click to make it bigger

Acher13

No, I don't have any BJD yet.. to be exact, I don't have a complete one yet.. missing the head set, just a plain obitsu 1/6 body I use for anatomy reference when drawing.

while Ach is an action figure, I have to say she poses more than barbie as well as my girlfr.. urhm.. mascot =P

Chocofreak13

it's okay to have a virtual girlfriend. plenty of japanese men do. :3

that said, i'd get a head if i were you, they're not terribly expensive. :3

or, if you can drop $25 bucks, buy yourself a dollfie before they run out! comes with the head included, along with 2 pairs of feet and extra joints for the doll. :3
click to make it bigger

Acher13

we have less shops for that here, I'm picky on the head part =P

anyway, its against my policy to show incomplete stuff but what the heck.. here goes =)

I guess I'll start using super glue to make things fast.
still making boots, inner dress and presents bag >.<

Chocofreak13

@acher: i'm jealous of that. i want to make mine some christmas clothes but i left my red fabric at home ><;;

@captain: i will never understand how people can afford that ;^; that said, your girls are lovely. i'll make some models of them out of clay, then make some patterns for clothes for them. ^^ i'll probably make you something over my vacation, how's a kimono sound? :3 (idk why, but i want to use up some more of that excess brocade. it seems like such a waste to have it just sit in the basement. ^^; )

EDIT: the last two didn't give waist measurements, could you give me those please?
click to make it bigger

Acher13

@choco: the clothing material used were last year santa's hat and a candy bag..
it does turns out pretty well although I have to use 5size of needles and super glue for smaller part, I do hope this one can withstand machine wash.

dress, stockings and boots.. last to do is the gift bag, I guess I'll just buy that somewhere from gift shop.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

Ah im gonna have to strip them to get that measurement..  Ill get it soon. Untill then, here is some photos I took of Kanako when she was an only child.

Chocofreak13

when she was only a child? when was that? xD
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

Before I could buy the other two xD  that child was the first, had her for about 3 years before i got her other two sisters.

Chocofreak13

ahhh. ok, that makes sense, then. but it still seems a bit funny, since she doesn't look like a child there. xDD

today, i paint my dolls' faces. ><; wish me luck~~

(also, i shipped out bella's gift, FINALLY, but since she doesn't have a street address i couldn't get next-day shipping. ><;; so she'll get it on tuesday.)
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

Technicly shes a child.. i guess some of them are early bloomers... but the body proportions are made in scale with the teenager ones. All the dolls D.O.D. produce are inscale and the size is their "age" they actually have some baby/infant ones I want to get, as well as some older boys, kinda want to complete a family