Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi:

After the Success of Teen Titan(ic)s' opening in the US,  The Demoness known as CN decided to make an Animated show about the JPop band Puffy (Which, to avoid confussions with Puffy (Puff Daddy) decided to remane themselves Puffy AmiYumi...) The show on itself was hilarious as Hell And Had some episodes with interventions from the band itself in Live Action...

True Crime Shows:

My Cokemonz' Rival (Feno, AKA Feni AKA Dad) Watches them a lot

Chocofreak13

the show is actually what turned me on to the band, and 3 purchased CDs and a couple torrented ones later, and they're the band i have the most music of, unless you count Vocaloids. :3
tbh though i like to refer to them as PUFFY whenever possible, since it avoids confusion that way (all their JP albums are released under PUFFY).

i've watched so many crime shows i'm actually recognizing when a perp from one shows up on another. :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

@Choco: I knew they were a band. It's just live action segments huh?

Chocofreak13

huh? you mean them on the show? the introduction and ending were both live-action. :\

not to derail the thread, but have you heard any of their stuff? :3
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Never bought Discs but downloaded some of their tracks... amongst My faves are Planet Tokyo and Love so Pure

Chocofreak13

good stuff, those were some of my first tunes by them. i used to loop the songs on my stereo and sing as loud as i could. >w<

if you're into their more rock stuff, i reccomend Sunrise, Jet Police (maybe), and definitely Sayonara (this is one of my favourite songs by them; i even declared it the "song of summer 2006"). -w-

if you feel like listening to something a bit more experimental, try
Lemon Kid (a wonderful jazz piece),
Ai no Shirushi (sort of parade-y), and
SNACKS (which i can only describe as 60's).

we're so OT.... ><;;

hm, i get annoyed when i try to watch something at my grandparents' just to find out they don't get the channel, when we do at home. >>;
to make matters worse, only one TV gets the full lineup, the other 2 have smaller cable boxes so they get a limited roster. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I hated that so much as a kid. But, my grandpa did have a cable box put in the back room for me (Where I typically watched TV), since I spent every Sunday afternoon over there :3

Ah, nothing like drinking tea and watching Invader Zim on a nice Sunday afternoon

LeaflameSD

@Choco: I haven't heard any of their tra- HOT DAMN LEMON KID MAKES ME WANNA TOUCH THE RAINBOW, AND TASTE THE RAINBOW :3

@Pent: I never watched Invader Zim. Archie was the only thing on. But I've heard good stuff about it.

You know what was a good show? imagine-nation I bet you've probably heard of it/watched it before, but if you haven't it's basically some gaming show.

Chocofreak13

ISN'T IT AWESOME
MAKES IT EVEN SWEETER THAT I KNOW IT BY HEART >:3

my sister has all 3 seasons of Invader Zim on DVD. given that we've both always been into darker comics/cartoons when we weren't reading manga (well, i read more than her), Invader Zim was a natural fit. only made it better that it was from the same artist that gave us the Gemstone that is JTHM. -w-
also, that show looks pretty damn sweet. :0

@pent: i'm surprised your mother let you watch that. i would assume she'd call it the devil's work or something. xD
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

oh yes... here I have two options: Cablevision basic cable and Sky's VeTV. in Cable we have basic programme, but since is straight thru cables, there's no cable box so are fewer choices, while on VeTV are less chanels (Comparing Cable having Disney (Channel and XD), Nick, Discovery Kids (which airs lots of PBS shows and MLP:FIM (yuck)) and Cartoon Network against the VeTV of Disney (channel and XD) and Nick Jr.) that without counting the local channels which could include Channel 5, 11 Tv and Channel 22 (this one traditionally airing Anime on the hollidays starting at Midnight. Here i watched Eva)

Nichi

My mom never knew about it. She was usually at work while I was watching it -w-

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on March 03, 2013, 02:11:23 PM
My mom never knew about it. She was usually at work while I was watching it -w-
yay work...! personally Invader Zim goes from gross to genius every 5.27 minutes

I even saw a loquendo of the possible fourth season (where Dib Dibstroy the irken, gets stranded in an alien planet and becomes it's invader for earth...)

Chocofreak13

dude, is that true or a rumour!? :000
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 03, 2013, 06:25:37 PM
dude, is that true or a rumour!? :000

I guess could be said that are rummors... are lotso Loquendo Vids out there... I remember watching that loquendo after watching the ones of <Addventure Timme>

Chocofreak13

i should look into that, maybe it went into comic form or something. :0
click to make it bigger