Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i'm confused, but cool. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

In terms of least favorite shows,  I'd have to say Planet Sheen. Even with Kari warning me to not waste my time on it, I caved into curiosity because "how bad could a Jimmy Neutron spin-off staring Sheen be?".

It was painful to watch .___.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Least favorite?  That's a long list.

Chocofreak13

do eet.

or just go with genres of shows. like, for instance, makeover shows of any kind are a turn-off. as are top model shows or basically anything involving a celebrity or celebrity gossip. 99% of sports bore me, and i don't like most american cartoons either. also, most reality shows bother me.

i don't like much tv, or at least i'm very specific. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

One show I don't really like, while we're on this subject, is Wipeout

Unrelated to the futuristic racing game on PlayStation, Wipeout seems like an idiotic attempt at making an American version of Ninja Warrior, while completely missing the entire point. While Ninja Warrior is more about challenging the physical abilities of their contestants, Wipeout puts a heavier emphasis on "lol, slapstick" and adults who, as kids, most likely failed to properly assemble the statue in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.

Now, Ninja Warrior on the other hand is a cool show. After a while, it was the only thing that kept me occasionally watching G4

Chocofreak13

hivemind, srsly. i hate that show with a firey passion. it just goes to show yet another example of how america ruins things from other cultures. (one missed call, all of the Ring movies, etc etc.) and to put it on a once-respectable network (the former CourtTV) makes it all the much more hated in my book. just thinking about it puts a scowl on my face. ><;;;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Cool Japan on NHK World

It's pretty interesting. People from different countries gather in Japan and look a cultural things like food, anime, games, music, fashion, that sort of thing. After people look around Japan, they explain what the liked, and how it would be looked at in the west.

Chocofreak13

that DOES sound like a cool show. is it in english or japanese? any torrents available?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

MUST TORRENT

besides anime, ever wish that a foreign show was over here? there was a Scandinavian prank show i heard about once that i wish i could find. plus, if the Ruby Gloom animated series could make it to US TV (Ruby Gloom began life as a series of shirts and other items, similar to Emily the Strange, but was eventually made into a Canadian cartoon), i'd die of happiness on the spot. ;v;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I remember seeing clips on YouTube years ago of a Japanese series all about epic trap modes (A guy goes on there, and he's given a makeover to look like a girl). I wish I could remember the name, because I'd love to see more; it's the only sort of makeover show I'd be interested in >w>;

(In fact, I'd love to be able to have something like that done to me ^_~)

LeaflameSD

@Pentium: That sounds awesome.

@Choco: I'm not 100 percent sure... and sorry :c but there are no torrents BUT... BUT... you can watch NHK World's live video feed and maybe it'll air. Check the TV schedule regularly to see if it's on.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

stewartsage

Everyone should know by now I'm a bitter, hateful asshole.

Especially high on my dislike tree is Pawn Stars and Seinfeld.

Nichi

@Stew: To be fair, I never really cared much for Seinfeld, either. Granted, I haven't watched it in years, so you never know; I might enjoy it more now