Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

As far as after-school TV when I was a kid, I typically watched Power Rangers and Spider-Man when I was younger, and during my senior year of high school it was Star Trek: Enterprise (Which I actually kind of liked. It's not the best Star Trek ever, but it was enjoyable)

Chocofreak13

that's typically why i set reminders on my calendar for the shows that only play once a week or that i don't have the schedule down on. though sometime i've missed naruto anyway. >>;

if you don't mind my asking, why was a kid watching those...?
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

which, Spider-man... there are like 60 of those without counting the Japanese tokuatsu

Nichi

@Alfonso: I watched the '94 series

@Kari: Maybe he watched them for the same reason I watched Live with Regis & Kathie Lee when I was younger; it was that or Barney >_>;;
(Ah, that awkward period in my life where the only thing on in the mornings was talk shows or Barney. No Cartoon Network yet to save me, and mom wouldn't let me play video games if she was asleep)

Chocofreak13

guess that means i lucked out in that department considering PBS always had entertaining kids' shows when i was young. if i wasn't on the tv, though, i was usually on the computer. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, you had WGBH; one of PBS' flagship stations, which helped create a good chunk of their programming nationwide, so I'd imagine they'd have a solid lineup of shows (As an interesting note, even if you've never set foot in Boston, you most likely know
dat logo and synth tune from the end credits of at least 60% of PBS shows; including Arthur)

As for KERA (The Dallas-area PBS station), their most noteworthy contribution is being the first station in the US to air Monty Python uncut. Also, their daytime schedule sucked; after Where in Time is Carmen SanDiego was cancelled in '98 or so, they had nothing for the elementary school age group until Cyberchase

stewartsage

1) I fucking love Angela 'Bitch Queen of Hell' Lansbury
2) Dunno.
3) When it was invented, when I was in Middle School, I watched the hell out of early Spike TV.  TNG and DS9 marathons everywhere bitches.

Chocofreak13

PBS was my go-to station as a kid since we didn't have cable till i was in late elementary/early middle school. (i even had my own tv by that point. >w< ) and yes, i remember DAT LOGO/SYNTH TUNE.

@stew: the first reason i can accept. the rest, well, guess it's your business. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Stew: I wish I could finish DS9. I was watching season 1 from the library, but apparently the box set went missing during the move to their new building :\

Chocofreak13

well shoot. :\
(torrent it?)

also, what are those two shows about? i only recently started watching spike at all; before the advent of 1000 ways to die i always thought of it as a channel my uncle liked. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

TNG and DS9 are shorthand for 2 Star Trek series: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, respectively

Which, I love me some TNG. Picard is cool -w-

Chocofreak13

CAPTAIN JEAN PICARD
THE USS ENTERPRISE
CAPTAIN JEAN PICARD
THE USS ENTERPRISE
M-M-M-M-M-MAKE IT SO
MAKE IT SO

tonight i watch naruto and i get introduced to soul eater. sounds fun. -w-
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I watched the whole like, week long marathon.... I still have the hours of recorded VHS footage so I wouldn't miss episodes while I was at school.

Chocofreak13

....that's awesome. (i still need to get my VHS player working again, so many recorded episodes of Bebop....)

speaking of marathons, i need to marathon Jem and Daria one of these days...

also, since we're in the right topic, how about least favourite tv shows?
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Ah youngster Programming... I loved things like the series of the alien with the three first letters of my name... weird science...