Main Menu

Favorite Book?

Started by CanaryTan, May 08, 2011, 09:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

This is sad news. : (

@Kari: Maybe this interview will make you feel better?

Chocofreak13

long interview is LOOOOONG. but thanks. i'll watch it after i sleep. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Currently reading: Defender of the Imperium omnibus from one of my favorite series, Ciaphas Cain, and The Forgotten Battle: Overloon and the Maas Salient,1944-45.

Chocofreak13

it always makes me so excited when i see an old topic has been revived!! :D

recently i've been reading 2 anime magazines. (dunno if magazines should count here.) out of the two, i seem to favour the british one (Neo) more,  but that might just be because i recognize more of the series that are in there. the american one (OtakuUSA) is by no means bad, though; i've gained some new and interesting insight on some things thanks to their articles. (they had a review on one of the series that we're watching in club, which wasn't too favourable....but i like the series, and they seem to as well, so i'm gonna let it play out.) i'd like to get subscriptions to the two of them, and there's a third british anime magazine that i'd like to get as well. seems that OtakuUSA is the only anime magazine in north america anymore. :\

i've been wanting to get back into the habit of going to the bookstore weekly and buying up manga. i'm especially wanting to since they're re-releasing older titles. Loveless is back on the shelves (released in 02-03), and though it's $20, i've wanted to read it since i first bought manga. :3

@stew: what are your books about?
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Cat's Cradle is a good one at the moment along with SiCP

Bella

Another Vonnegut fan, in MY OSC? :D

stewartsage

The first is Warhammer 40k, the second is about WWII.

NejinOniwa

Brandon Sanderson confirmed for Best Author
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i found a book in the basement titled A Canadian History for Boys and Girls.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Imagining New England is almost certainly going to give me more justifications for my New Englandcentric worldview than I already have.... >>;;

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 18, 2012, 02:36:51 PM
i found a book in the basement titled A Canadian History for Boys and Girls.

I wanna read that book. ;^;

stewartsage

I'm really digging Grant Moves South by Bruce Catton

Chocofreak13

@bella: no you don't, it's from 1919 and appearantly reads like a bible.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Aw. I was hoping it'd be fun/having interesting pictures and stuff. : (

Chocofreak13

well, it might, i haven't looked it over much. the damn thing's SOOPER old looking, but in surprisingly good shape given its age. it seems to have some etchings on the pages, though, so it might have some cool history. but my friend james read a few lines out loud and it really, really does read in an archaic-sounding style. it might have been my grandmother's, since her family was raised EXTREME baptist.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Enders' Game
The Lady Knight: trilogy
Golden Compass Trilogy
Simon was here :P