Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Take one Europe

Sprinkle with kingdoms

Add 68 kilograms of incest

Remove kebab

Leave to sizzle overnight

TIME TO FEAST!

Okay, enough with the random imagery. This is my start post for my (eventual) OSC campaign for CK2(with ck2+ mod most likely). In it, I will attempt to spread the geneseed of OSC all over Europe, and conquer some shit along the way because I am bossy like that.
In any case, what I need from you good people is:
1 - STARTING LOCATION. Pick a spot in Europe you think would be a good place to start our empire from.
2 - TARGET LOCATION. Things get boring unless we have a goal. I will ask you for opinions on what to conquer next from time to time.
3 - AWESOME PLOTS. Harebrained schemes and idiotic ideas that will surely make the end of us (such as ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON for all the kids of the king of England!). The one who comes up with the best one gets the next ruler named after them!
4 - DYNASTY NAME. Before I start any of this up, I need a good name for our dynasty. House of Ostan is my spontaneous suggestion, but it doesn't ring all too right with me...so be so kind and think something up, people!

GIEV SUGGESTIONS PLZ, people. I'll report back in once we've come to an agreement.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

target location: FRAAAAAANCE or maybe Fatmid or Bavaria.
awesome plots: BOMB EVERYTHING or maybe ally self with kebab and then kill all the surrounding countries
dynasty name: Systemys Operantum
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Target location: IDK LOL *dog shrugging*
Plots: Rocks fall everyone dies?
Dynasty name: FuckYeahSeaking

Dr. Kraus

Target location: REMOVE KEBAB & HRE
plots: fuck that shit, Complete Global Saturation
Dynasty name: welcome to the incinerator

NejinOniwa

YOUR WISHES HAVE BEEN HEARD

But I'll wait until I've finished my current campaign before posting poll results.
If you get more ideas, post away!

Chocofreak13

(has anyone gotten the reference my dynasty name is based on)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

(I just thought it was a winged latinization of OS, so probably not)

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 27, 2012, 11:12:14 PM
target location: FRAAAAAANCE or maybe Fatmid or Bavaria.
awesome plots: BOMB EVERYTHING or maybe ally self with kebab and then kill all the surrounding countries
dynasty name: Systemys Operantum

I can get behind this.

I'm voting for a location of RUSSIA too.

NejinOniwa

Since y'all seem to be getting into some manner of understanding with each other, I thought I'd give y'all a bit of a sitrep on how things will generally be when we start our game out.

Ukraine and Russia in 1066 is a big clusterfuck of independent duchies, ENTIRELY ruled by the Rurikovich dynasty of dukes. Since they all have claims on each others' respective lands, there tends to be a LOT of infighting, with either the Kiev, Novgorod or Moscow branches of the family usually ending up on top. HOWEVER, one of the big game dynamics is that you are AUTOMATICALLY ALLIED with everyone of your dynasty. You might not be obliged to help them, but this fact (added to the fact that the Russians are surrounded on all fronts by infidels, except for Poland who are catholics vs the orthodox russians) makes Russia a very hard realm to penetrate from the outside. One might gain power through plots and intrigues, though - if one is good at making friends and making short of one's enemies in less than ordinary ways, that is.

Normandy is very simple to sum up. Duke William the Bastard (known to us as William the Conqueror, King of England - that does not always become the case, however) controls a hefty piece of land in northern France, and has a big buttload army that he's about to ship across the channel to invade dem saxons. He is a vassal of France, and will stay so if he doesn't win the war (though he's pretty rebellious, so that's that).

France is...well. Big and unstable, and ruled by a child king who gets ousted by the Burgundians about half the time. It is very possible to eke out a realm of your own from it, if you know what you're doing - however, there are no independent realms within its borders. Brittany is an independent duchy, but they aren't exactly French if you know what I mean.

England, oh, England. Facing two invasions at the same time, Harold Godwinson usually gets kicked out big time, sooner or later. The problem is that when he does, the Conqueror (whoever it might be) gets a CLAIM ON ALL TITLES IN THE REALM. That means he has free reign to revoke whichever county or duchy he bloody well wants to, and if that's yours and you're a one-province count, well, sucks to be you...
Basically, none of your titles are safe - UNLESS they have been revoked once already (thereby using up the claim), the initial king AND the king after him have died (the first successor inherits the claim, but not the one after that), OR you have conquered titles outside the realm since the conquest.
As for its inhabitants, they're all filthy saxons except for COOOORNWAAAALLL.
Cornwall would be nice, actually. ^^

OH YEAH, ANOTHER SET OF QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE:
Do you think we should start as independent or someone's vassal?
Do you think we should STRIVE for independence, or for being someone's vassal?
Which of the five disciplines should our starting ruler focus on? (Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue, Learning)

That's all for now, folks.

Chocofreak13

@bella: yaaaay someone who agrees. -w-

@nej: yes, it is a cheap latinization of OS. sounds nice, eh? -w-

it seems like a good idea to start as russia if it's that much of a bitch to conquor. we should have some captured territory by the time britian falls, should be easier to get by then.
as for the next set of questions:

independent. i don't like the idea of having to carve out a name for ourselves under someone else who's likely an incestuous dumbass.
STRIVE FOR INDEPENDENCE AMERICA FUCK YEAH
either intrigue or learning. i'd say diplomacy but unless we implement my strategy of "make friends with the big country then kill off the ring of little ones" i doubt this would be useful. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I had a big AAR about my Ynglings campaign that I was going to write here, but my Firefox crashed. So screw that. Long story short:
I started as King of Norway, conquered England, then became Emperor of Constantinople and Byzantium, after which I proceeded to restore the Roman Empire (as a Norwegian catholic! I mean wtf) and generally conquer the fuck out of EVERYTHING.
Endgame my realm looked like this:

This guy restored the Roman Empire:

This is what the parts of europe that I DON'T rule look like at the moment:

And this is my current Emperor:

I have marriages with the queens of Brittany (Bretagne, the northwest tip of france) and Léon (the parts of Spain that I don't rule, Catalonia not included), so in a generation or two they'd also be under my rule. The Timurids (Mongols 3.0) are small and fragmented, holding only about half of Persia. Abyssinia in the south (Pretty much Ethiopia) is still independent, but since they're Christians I can't conquer them too fast. Africa is also bothersome in general to take over, thus there's also the Sultanate of Mali in the west that I simply haven't bothered taking over. There are like over 30 kingdoms or so under me, and they are almost all held by my family members.

All in all, a very successful blob.

NOW THAT WE'RE DONE WITH THIS, THE OSC CAMPAIGN IS NEXT UP!
I need dynasty names and start locations, and I need your support! I will write more if you write more in this thread about it! FUN TIMES ARE ABOUT TO START.

Bella

I guess we have to wait for more OSCers to report in? ._.

NejinOniwa

I'd prefer so, yes. Then again I'm also waiting for the CK2+ mod to update, so there's time yet to pimp our ride.

NejinOniwa

CK2+ HAS UPDATED TO 1.8.

This means that campaign start is imminent (once I get my exams out of the way).

Anyone have any last thoughts for anything, come hit me with it.