Main Menu

Mountain Climbing/Hiking

Started by NejinOniwa, March 31, 2011, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

I was a scout for twelve years.  After your tenth consecutive camping trip in the rain you start developing a complex about it and stop caring what the weather's doing beyond "Do I have my field jacket?  Do they want us in Class A's for flags?"

Nichi

I used to go on hiking trips for field trips as a kid; sometimes to the community forest (Which wasn't very impressive, to be honest), but more often to the dogwood trails (Which was much prettier and more fun to walk through).

Chocofreak13

the only times i've had fun hiking is the few times we've gone to the trail near my house, and at larps. :\
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Alright, the plans to go hike in the mountains progressed last weekend as I got myself a decent pair of hiking shoes. ^.^ Fedora-Tan's quite experienced in all of that, so I had him approve the shoes first. x)

NejinOniwa

Awooterz! Where will you be hiking? The alps can serve up quite a bit of magnificent mountainry. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Pitkin

I think it'll be around Grenoble at the foot of the Alps, yes: the city's got mountains on two of its sides. ^^

This is a fusion of pictures taken of the area we're probably going to hike in: http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Pitkin/brignoud.jpg - Fedora-Tan's uncle took the pictures when we were taking part in a party organised by the Sammarinese Organization of Grenoble.

Chocofreak13

looks pretty, pitkin! don't forget plenty of water and the camera, and check for ticks when you're done. ^^
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Choco, camera is typically the thing I forget to bring with me and realise it when I want to take pictures. Good point! xD

Chocofreak13

GET A CASE AND PUT IT AROUND YOUR NECK! ^^
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

SO
THE DEMON OVERLORD IS BATTLING THE WORLD'S WORST WEATHER ON A MOUNTAIN TOMORROW
NOW TAKING REQUESTS FOR WHAT TO SCREAM WHEN CLAIMING THE MOUNTAINTOP.
PS. Homeland has already requested that the swedish national anthem be sung (among other things), and that this be filmed. For your pleasure I will do my ascent videobloggage in english, so you all can follow it.
PPS: SHICKALACKASHICKALACKASHAOSHAOSHAO

Chocofreak13

do me a favour, and scream "FOR THE HORDE!!!" or some quote from braveheart. :3 (preferably the first, it's nerdier. :3)

might be hiking the flume on saturday, provided everything falls into place. my mother has requested that me and my sister pay our own ways there, and while it sounds fun, 12 bucks is a lot of money to me right now, since i only have about 30 bucks to my name (which is A LOT to me), and there was something else i was really, really hoping to do on saturday. :[
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I was, I admit, a bit too tired to coherently remember most of the mission briefing when I made the top. HOWEVER! I filmed a good 2 minutes of singing national anthem, saying "shwag" and honoring the roman empire's founder.

Yeah.
Also, i found new sunglasses! In the middle of the forest! YAY!

Chocofreak13

damn. gotta love random finds. -w-
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Coincidence: I did my first mountain walk last Friday with Fedora-Tan: got to the cross at Chamrousse mountain in 2250 metres (we didn't walk from 0 though). ^^ Our original idea was to stop after the easiest part at Lake Achard in 19XX metres, but since it had gone very well that far we decided to continue to the top. It was great fun and lovely being in the middle of forest and valleys, and felt like an achievement afterwards. Not having done that before I couldn't even say "well, that was easy compared to X" at the end. x) Coming down is the boring part however. xP

Chocofreak13

nej got lost on his trip up the mountain. thus, he never climbed it. -w- thought you should know.

on the upside, me, him, my mum, and my old friend hiked the flume. i got plenty of pics and videos (with steve erwinesque commentary). -w-

@pit: didja get pics? :3
click to make it bigger