Favorite OS?

Started by CanaryTan, February 26, 2011, 11:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

That's technically not taking your laptop's hardrive out everytime you wanted to go somewhere though Xd

I keep backups of music/art/movies/DMGs on my external as well, but I don't take hardrives out of anything.

Chocofreak13

my laptop's drive is too small to hold everything. ^^

technically, i DID take these out of a computer....they're desktop drives hooked up to the computer via USB. :3
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Yeah, my Dad has one of those USB to SATA things he used on a computer's hardrive that died.

I paid money for my drive instead of doing that (just using a dead computer's hardrive for an external). But it's awesome, because it'll do Firewire 800, Firewire 400 OR USB.

Bella

I'm considering buying an HDD toaster next, that way I can just use normal HDDs for my backups instead of having to buy a new external HD every year or two... .w.

stewartsage

Am I the only person who doesn't use mass amounts of hard disk space?  Or RAM?  Or anything.....

NejinOniwa

That might be the case... -_-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

All the movie/video files, music, VMs and highres digital photographs are taking a toll on my diskspace... in a year and a half, I've used 350gb on my iMac's 640gb HDD.

I have a 500gb backup disk, but that's already been filled because I use Time Machine as a backup utility... I think the farthest it reaches back now is October. 

NejinOniwa

40 / 320 gb free on my hard drive, 259gb/1TB free on my external.

Lots of animu, mostly -~-

Krizonar

Quote from: stewartsage on March 30, 2011, 04:02:55 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't use mass amounts of hard disk space?  Or RAM?  Or anything.....
In the post desktop thread, it can be seen I use less than 13% of my Hardrive.

All my files put together are about 60 GB or so.

I've also never seen my ram go above 50% usage.

CanaryTan

know this is off topic but am I the only one who thinks that the iOS's would be cool to have on installed as a real OS? Then again, there is that featuure with the MacBook but still...
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

svx

My favorite OS is... ehh...

Let's see here...

Eh, Linux? I'd have to say that I've had my best experiences with Linux, and not too many bad experiences
It's what I'm most familiar with though... I guess I've had bad experiences with it too, but not many...

I'd take (MS- / any similar)DOS as my second favorite.
That's what I'd probably say without thinking about it, but DOS isn't really that useful...
It's great for old software and such, sure... Ehh, it's... Fun and straightforward to develop programs for it too...
But the only realistic appeal of it to me anymore is that nostalgia :p

So, my second favorite would be Windows CE.
Oddly.
CE 6, that is...
I was unfamiliar with it until I got my Zune HD, but now I think it's awesome. It's simple and efficient at what it's meant to do, and I've only ran into a few small things that I hate about it (which is impressive :p)
But Mobile Internet Explorer can go back to the abyss where it belongs.
srsly, it's a mess
Did those guys (the Mobile IE team) learn to program at some random tech college advertising on G4 TV or something? :p

Yeah, Linux... rocks.

Rocks hard.

NejinOniwa

In mobile news, I just learned (yesterday) that Nokia will be phasing out Symbian in favor of WINDOWS MOBILE.

/rage

Chocofreak13

:\

internal drive: 74.1 gb free of 109 gb
speedy's musics: 25.3 gb free of 149 gb
speedy's programs, pics, etc: 36.9 gb free of 74.5 gb

my current music drive used to be my backup drive :\
click to make it bigger

CanaryTan

:D Elementary OS FINALLY came out! Good thing I got my allowence today, ima order it~
(I could torrent it but you guys know i hate that.)

http://elementaryos.org/

Btw, I also found this on OMG!Ubuntu i feel obligated to post it here.
I love this banner to death. Let me know if you get it or don't get it, i could explain it.
Animal name of 11.04: Natty Narwhal and reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Bella

WINDOWS 95 IS THE BESTEST OS EVER CREATED BY MAN EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!