Main Menu

Os-tans on BBC!

Started by Nuker, January 04, 2011, 02:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuker

I kid you not! The BBC radio transmission Outriders had an Os-Tan special episode in December! o_O

Aside from the obvious awesomeness of of an Os-tan special on BBC radio, there were some interesting info:

Nanami Madobe is not official according to MS Japan.

However, Microsoft Japan does support her and Windows-tans in general.

The Silverlight-tans are of course official.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/outriders/2010/12/text_soundtracks_and_assistant.shtml

Nuker

Bella

Holy spritz! This is awesome. XD;;

SEE GUIZE I TOLD YOU NANAMI IS A FRAUD. :<

Nuker

Quote from: Bella on January 04, 2011, 02:25:42 PM
Holy spritz! This is awesome. XD;;

SEE GUIZE I TOLD YOU NANAMI IS A FRAUD. :<

She's not a fraud, MS supports her! é_é

...kinda.

stewartsage

Like the CIA and the Bay of Pigs.  Either way, good going BBC!

NejinOniwa

Either way, Futaba 7-tan is way awesome-er. Go you, permanent-comb-girl!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on January 04, 2011, 04:48:43 PM
Either way, Futaba 7-tan is way awesome-er. Go you, permanent-comb-girl!

Here here brutha! Futaba 7-tan FTW!

Pitkin

Ugh, I've got to say, personally I think the Futaba 7 I've seen are just as horrible as all the Vistan designs I ever saw. >.< I definitely prefer the MS one by far.

edit: *forgot she wasn't supposed to meddle here, flees*

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Pitkin on January 04, 2011, 05:05:05 PM
Ugh, I've got to say, personally I think the Futaba 7 I've seen are just as horrible as all the Vistan designs I ever saw. >.< I definitely prefer the MS one by far.

*hug* <3
FINALLY, someone who agrees~~

bookmark'd. guys, should we comment the site on to that article, or avoid it since we just moved? :\
click to make it bigger

Nuker

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 04, 2011, 07:08:44 PM

*hug* <3

bookmark'd. guys, should we comment the site on to that article, or avoid it since we just moved? :\

I agree as well... Madobe Nanami FTW. The fact that she isn't official only makes her even more awesome. How so? Well... because that means that what is basically a group of os-tan fans went throught all the trouble of creating an os-tan, giving an official announcement of her creation, hiring Nana Mizuki to voice her and paying an animation studio to create the TV spot we saw to advertise a product that isn't even theirs. Oh, and creating a Madobe Nanami twitter account and organizing Madobe Nanami events.

And, lest we forget, tricking the whole os-tan community into believing for well over a year that Nanami Madobe was official. And encouraging MS Taiwan to start the Silverlight-tan project.

The fact that it helped them sell some PCs with Win7 Ultimate notwithstanding, that takes some serious dedication.

I think Nanami has more than earned her place as the official Win7-tan in the os-tan community.

Btw, I think BBC already knows of this site (kinda hard to miss it while googling "os-tans"), but I think they decided not to mention it because it has a mature section... (you know, TV regulations and all that stuff)

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Nuker on January 05, 2011, 03:08:49 AM
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 04, 2011, 07:08:44 PM

*hug* <3

I agree as well... Madobe Nanami FTW. The fact that she isn't official only makes her even more awesome. How so? Well... because that means that what is basically a group of os-tan fans went throught all the trouble of creating an os-tan, giving an official announcement of her creation, hiring Nana Mizuki to voice her and paying an animation studio to create the TV spot we saw to advertise a product that isn't even theirs. Oh, and creating a Madobe Nanami twitter account and organizing Madobe Nanami events.

And, lest we forget, tricking the whole os-tan community into believing for well over a year that Nanami Madobe was official. And encouraging MS Taiwan to start the Silverlight-tan project.

The fact that it helped them sell some PCs with Win7 Ultimate notwithstanding, that takes some serious dedication.

I think Nanami has more than earned her place as the official Win7-tan in the os-tan community.

gotta love japan. and i'd say she arrived with less of a walk, and more of a crater. -w-
click to make it bigger

Kiso

When did all of this happen?

Wait...

WHERE WAS I IN TIME AND SPACE WHEN ALL OF THIS HAPPENED?!
DAMN ALINES!! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!! >:(

*takes a deep breath*

Soo... Nanami isn't official, but it supported by MS Japan, but then we have MS Taiwan with actually official Silverlight-tans. Hmm... makes me think that MSFT should pull a Wikipedia and hold contests (or whatever they did) to choose the best representation of what their tan should be. Ugh... my mind 'sploded' with all of the stuff I read here, I don't even know what I am thinking anymore... @__@
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

don't overthink it. just let it die. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nuker

Actually, Kiso, MS Japan hasn't said that they only support Nanami Madobe... MS Japan has said that it supports the whole windows-tan phenomenon. =D

Chocofreak13

to be fair, there were several mascots with themepacks for windows 7. we seem to forget the bing girls.....even though they're more mascots for bing rather than win 7 ^^;
click to make it bigger