Main Menu

Silverlight

Started by Kiso, September 28, 2010, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

so how does this hikaru chick tie in? is she like a skin or w/e?

and btw, at least they haven't tried to import it to the US yet. ik we're suffering as AmerOtakus, but the US kinda ruins everything good about international stuff when it goes all mainstream. Just look at what they did to fanta. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Yeah, the US is pretty crap at adaptation as a rule...

And speaking of adaptation, Let Me In, a newly released adaptation of the swedish original (Let the Right One In, based on John Ajvide Lindquist's book) is getting out to american theaters around now. I've heard boo's and I've heard woo's. Don't think it airs here yet (and I will not watch some crappy cam-rip, lol), so if one of you friendly fellows would do a demon some favor and watch it, it'd be nice. In case you like your vampires not-at-all-sparkly and such, it will likely be quite tasty.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

mm, i wanted to see that, if i get off my butt and go see a movie for once i'll try to.

since m.night.shymalan didn't direct it, it can't be TOTAL crap.
click to make it bigger

Nuker

So... it looks like Nanami was a success. Hikaru's outifit is a bit skimpy, but Silverlight is an alternative to Flash that deals with videos, animations etc. on MS's websistes, so a "flashy" (horrible pun maybe not intended) is justified.

At least, from what we've seen so far, MS seems more aware of the "official" -tan design guidelines than a lot of fans are. *looks at visbou and vistake*.

NejinOniwa

Hikaru has gotten a huge bump in pixiv imagery, though, so that count for something.

Nuker

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Hikaru has gotten a huge bump in pixiv imagery, though, so that count for something.

Huh. Wait. Were did I say that Hikaru wasn't popular? I know she's been pretty well received. I just said that, looking at Nanami's and Hikaru's character designs, we can say that Microsoft actually paid more attention to the fanon guidelines on how to create a -tan than most fans did when designing some of the more recent -tans.

NejinOniwa

True. I was just being le tired. -w-;

Chocofreak13

*lulz at end of ze world refrence*
click to make it bigger

Nuker

Apparently, Microsoft Taiwan now has a Hikaru wallpaper download page.

I think I like Hikaru's Halloween-themed outfit more than her normal one.

NejinOniwa

That is a quite savvy-looking outfit, yes...

Dr. Kraus

actually made that my background on my laptop, is a nice theme for right now!

Chocofreak13

download'd. also captured a picture of hikaru from one of the landing pages, someone remind me to upload the backgrounds and the landing pic later.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

according to /a/ sliverlight-tan AKA Hikaru has been dropped. Anyone confirm this?

Chocofreak13

i wouldn't if i were you.

ps. i googled it just in case, and we're no. 5 on the list of results. xD

she could have been a limited-time character, but i doubt it. since there's no news confirming this, i call it hoax. but give it time.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus