Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

So, as mentioned in Topicless, I had an epic BBQ sandwich. I went to a local BBQ place I haven't been to in ages with my bro-in-law and sister, and took her suggestion of a sandwich they call "The Hercules"; which consists of a minced sausage, beef, jalapenos, and onions with, of course, BBQ sauce, served on a toasted bun. It's quite spicy without being overbearing, and tasted amazing *w*

Chocofreak13

niiiice. ^^

yesterday's dinner: Miso Chicken with Rice, Pocky and Various Chocolates for Dessert, Jones Berry Lemonade (tortilla chips for snack before)
today's breakfast: Honey Graham O's, Sunkist, Cheese-its for Snack

next week i'm makin' Teriyaki. i'm also contemplating making Tonkatsu, possibly fried rice, and maybe Miso Pork. i also neeeed to track down this condiment i heard about in the paper, Gochujang. apparently it's like Korean Ketchup.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Steak lunch!  Because we had steak last week and there was a piece left over.

Chocofreak13

nice!

got a pizza last night, that was pretty sweet. today i've had some cereal, and will bring the remains of the pizza with me when i go to my sister's later. also, quite happy about my decision to buy 3 different flavours of soda and mix the cans. variety is nice. -w-

(also happy about there being bread bowls for soup sold at the market. a little tiny loaf is exactly what we needed at Steve's. ^^ )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I tried the ghost pepper fries from Wendy's. It's not bad...but it doesn't exactly agree with me, and IDK if it's due to the ghost peppers, the jalapinos they put on there for some reason, or a combination of the two ;___;

Goujer (she/her)

Spice will do that to you. I grow my own peppers so I have to know was it a sweet spicy or more of a straight bang.

Nichi

It wasn't a sweet spicy; it was more a sort of spice that sneaks up on you (First bite is alright, and then it hits you), except when the jalapinos became involved; in which case it was spice followed by more spice (Granted, I think they put too many jalapinos on it; as it had a lot more on it than what's shown in the pic)

Chocofreak13

that's how the Gochujang i have is; sort of like a creeper, there's a bit of a ssssssssss then the BOOM.

(basically, it's like, "oh yeah this is okay hm that's interesting FUCK WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT SPICY COME FROM OH GOD")

tbh i'm cool with swearing off fast food for awhile. tried BK's chicken fries. i wasn't even aware chicken came in sponge form.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :\
Most fast food is kinda shit, to begin with

Chocofreak13

yeahhhhhh. s'why i avoid it, along with the fact that it's like a cheap little colon cleanse. HELLO ASS, NICE TO MEET YOU TOO.

i will say though that Wendy's frosties, Mocha Frappes from Micky D's and basically any garden salad/fruit product is safe for me. caramel syrup for apples, too.
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

If you wanna talk about trap food I once made a wing sause that smelled like barbeque, and at first tastes a lot like a zesty ketchup, but then it gets hot and you have two courses of action:
A. Get some lactose.
B. Eat more to get the zesty ketchup flavor back.
I tied for first in a cook off with that recipe but I lost in a coin flip, although everyone thought I should have one because I ran out of wings and the other guy still had some. Still I did pretty good for being a 5th grader.

The last fast food I had was the spicy chicken sandwich at DQ which left my colon pretty clean after 4-6 hours on the toilet at 12:00AM.

Chocofreak13

fun times! colon cleanses are why i can't have milkshakes from fast food joints anymore.

you totes should have won. give it to the 5th grader, dude. (and for the record my brain wants me to make Maple Bacon Gochujang a barbecue sauce now)

boiling water for Pasta as we speak.
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

Chocofreak13

just shells. we tend to get the cheapo store brand because they'll have 5 boxes for $5 sales (and, as pasta goes, it's good and has a shitload of varieties, even more than some of the brand names). we finished off the Farfalle (bow ties) the other day, and the wal-mart Radiatore before that (we still have a box of the Radiatore i picked up in the sale).

pasta is quick to prepare, filling, easy, and tasty, while still being a healthy option. plus, it's super-cheap and easy to store, since you don't need to refrigerate the jars of sauce till you open them. means i can pick up discount sauce whenever i find it, and hang onto it till we finish. the bonus here is that, despite it not being as good as the homemade sauce (nothing compares, but it's pricier than pre-made), i jazz it up a bit with fancy cheese to add a little bit of class. xD;
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

*drinks spaghettios out of can*
click to make it bigger