Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

So, I tried the new bacon mushroom burger from Wendy's. It's actually not too bad :3

stewartsage

A blah chicken sandwich, ravioli, and chili cheese fries for lunch.  I'm thinking a cheeseburger for lunch.

Nichi

I had pizza, finally. I've waited all week

Chocofreak13

i made soup because i'm really sick....
but i sat in it... ;^;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

DEMON OVERLORD'S 4 RULES OF POOR MAN'S COOKING
#1: Soup.
#2: Peanuts. They cost less than half as much as your average mince meat (and slightly less or about as much as the cheapest-ass sausage you can find), and contain over 3 times the POWER (at least 2x for sausage), 1,5x more protein (over 2x for sausage) and ALMOST ZERO DEAD WEIGHT (water). They're rich as fuck in vitamins and shit too, don'tcha know. USE THEM IN EVERYTHING
#3: EGGS IN ALL THE THINGS
#4: Remove scurvy. Do this by pressing the E key to eat oranges. If you eat an orange it will be k.
#5: SOUP MOTHERFUCKER
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

that's 5 rules~

though i agree on the soup thing. chicken soup cans, 5 for $5~~~~
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

CANS? No, no, no, son. You MAKE the soup. MAKE IT DAMNIT

Honestly, it's like the #1 way of making food out of random ingredients. Take bunch of things and put in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. SERVE.

Chocofreak13

but that involves buying the ingredients. which, unless you're shopping at an asian market, gets expensive fast. :\

ik it's bad, but pizza and garlic sticks for breakfast. >>;;;;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Herp? Expensive?
Rice=cheap. Onions=dirt cheap. Potatoes=EVEN CHEAPER. Peanuts, as we've mentioned=dirt cheap and NUTRITIOUS AS FUCK. Tomatoes/crushed tomatoes=DIRT CHEAP. Eggs=cheap. Mushrooms=up for grabs for free in da forezt, then you dry them up and use them throughout the year. Bouillon cubes=dirt cheap. Water=dirt cheap^2 because TAP FTW

Now if you're gonna add some meat in, I'd go for some ham. Cheap and takes lots of space, lots of taste, can be cut up into itty bitty pieces without losing the sting.

Honestly - making soup is the most cost-effective way of cooking in existence.

Chocofreak13

well, it IS basically the oldest form of cooking in existence, second only to roasting.

though i think that might vary from country to country. for example, i know of one edible mushroom species in the area, and even then i wouldn't go picking it out of the yard and eating it. >>;;;

that said, you failed to mention one other cheapo ingredient/food: beans. here, you can buy bags of goya beans on the dirt cheap, and they come in at least 20 different varieties. filling, healthy, full of protein, goes great in soup. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 16, 2012, 11:35:11 AM
DEMON OVERLORD'S 4 RULES OF POOR MAN'S COOKING
#1: Soup.
#2: Peanuts. They cost less than half as much as your average mince meat (and slightly less or about as much as the cheapest-ass sausage you can find), and contain over 3 times the POWER (at least 2x for sausage), 1,5x more protein (over 2x for sausage) and ALMOST ZERO DEAD WEIGHT (water). They're rich as fuck in vitamins and shit too, don'tcha know. USE THEM IN EVERYTHING
#3: EGGS IN ALL THE THINGS
#4: Remove scurvy. Do this by pressing the E key to eat oranges. If you eat an orange it will be k.
#5: SOUP MOTHERFUCKER

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 16, 2012, 12:50:17 PM
that said, you failed to mention one other cheapo ingredient/food: beans. here, you can buy bags of goya beans on the dirt cheap, and they come in at least 20 different varieties. filling, healthy, full of protein, goes great in soup. :\

I'm gonna keep this noted down somewhere....

NejinOniwa

Beans aren't really among the more native European foodstuffs, afaik - at least not on 60'N, it ain't. It's still reasonably well priced, but not as much as the stuff we can grow easy up here. We almost only get them in cans, too, which makes it yet more bothersome to prepare - and pricier package, too. Aluminium ain't cheap.

Plus, I don't like the taste -_-

Chocofreak13

fair enough, just like here with the mushrooms. here they have an entire aisle in the grocery store devoted to goya products, most of which involve beans of some sort. goya is also one of the cheapest brands i've ever seen. you can get a bag of beans (probably 1-2 pounds) for like, 2 bucks. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Nichi

Chicken nuggets with jalapeno poppers. Oh yeah -w-