Main Menu

Post your outside temp

Started by Alex_Reetz, July 26, 2010, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Nope, it's too cold to snow. >>

Silentbob

-7C (19F) here.   It snowed a bit yesterday and it's still around.   Weather service says it'll get warmer in the next few days, so the snow is most likely melting.

Chocofreak13

@bella: that statement doesn't make sense....

34°?!

ITS FUCKING COLD

Why do I live here?
click to make it bigger

Bella

32F and raining

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 21, 2011, 07:02:45 PM
@bella: that statement doesn't make sense....

It totally does. Warmer air contains more water vapor than colder air and more water vapor means more snow. -w-

That's why the coldest places on earth aren't actually the snowiest (Antarctica gets between 2 and 9'' of snow a year) and why the snowiest seasons we've had up here have been the mildest (the last two winters have been especially cold and dry, so we've barely had any snow).

Chocofreak13

the statement "it's too cold to snow" by itself doesn't make sense. given that we've had a couple dry years, yeah, i can assume that. but it was raining today, and you confirmed that it's been raining in your area too. given that the temp was below freezing where you were, logic dictates that the rain should freeze into snow. i suppose one would have to factor in whether the actual air temp was in the 20s and whether or not the warm air from the ground was rising to the clouds, but reasonably precipitation in below-freezing weather means snow.

of course, this is new england, so none of this applies most of the time. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

46F

I think the heater in my truck is finally starting to work :3

Chocofreak13

35°?!

ITS FUCKING COLD

Global Warming? Bullshit.
click to make it bigger

Remilia

-1 °C / 30 °F.

Today, sun will rise at 09:42. Sun will set at 15:03. Day length is 5 hours and 20 minutes.

Last year at this time of the year the temperature outside was around -20 °C / -4 °F. I'm sure the glowball warning is behind all this.

Nichi

stewartsage

Nichi

54F

The digits flipped around since I last checked

Chocofreak13

lulz.

43°?!

ITS FUCKING ....ALRIGHT

An Eskimo would beat your ass to be here
click to make it bigger

Nichi